Play Nice Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - Please refer to each sports own boards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a season ticket with Adelaide united. I also sit with the active supporters as well. Where I sit there male and female split is 50-50

If you want to know... My Four four two name is Razor Ramon. Look me up on there some time.

No interested in fourfourtwo....just wanted to check out if port182's policing of comparisons he doesn't like here was complemented by policing the anti football bile on that forum (I was alerted to it a couple of years back)

Like I've always said, lots of people in here come to smash the A-league under the guise of comparing. I see through it all..

others are convinced any kind of comparison is persecution. I see through that too. You might want to consider staying out of this thread if you think its all about smashing the a-league.

Facts are

1) ratings arent good when compared with other sports played in season and other football codes.
2) crowds arent good when compared with the same.

And thats what we do.

You throw words like "hate" and "smash" around gratuitously. This is a code comparison thread on a football forum. Whatever you think you "see through", some people here are likely to take pleasure at Australian soccer's stagnation. Perhaps it's got something to do with the obnoxious, shoulder chipped, persecutory subset of Australian soccer fans? I don't know but it is quite ridiculous you in here trying to police what is a pretty tame code comparison accusing people of hate cos you don't like what they say

102k? It's a matter of perspective. It's a poor audience for what some claim is becoming a blur ribbon event in Australian sport, but it's a good audience for a minor codes marquee game

lol. Amazing. Always knew there was an undercurrent of hate.

And yes, 102k is good and fine for a young league still growing. 40k at the ground as well. Who know what it would have got on a FTA network?

In fact, a single Derby has NEVER been show on FTA. And the A-League isn't a minor code, buddy.

others are convinced any kind of comparison is persecution. I see through that too. You might want to consider staying out of this thread if you think its all about smashing the a-league.

Facts are

1) ratings arent good when compared with other sports played in season and other football codes.
2) crowds arent good when compared with the same.

And thats what we do.
Jesus mate, if you compare to 150-year old codes like NRL and AFL of course they aren't going to stack up. I'm surprised someone who posts so much data on here thinks the crowds and ratings are poor. Poor in comparison to other, more entrenched leagues and sports in Oz? Of course. But they're not poor.

Jesus mate, if you compare to 150-year old codes like NRL and AFL of course they aren't going to stack up. I'm surprised someone who posts so much data on here thinks the crowds and ratings are poor. Poor in comparison to other, more entrenched leagues and sports in Oz? Of course. But they're not poor.

Soccer has been in this country since before Federation, had the first national competition in 1975 and had the advantage of world cup competition around the same time.

By EVERY measure - crowds, ratings, memberships, finances - it is compared to the AFL and NRL. And your on an AFL based forum.
Of course it is compared to the AFL and NRL! GO and look at some stats overseas, the league was the 15th most attended of any soccer league world wide in 15-16. That's not minor at all.

Of course it is compared to the AFL and NRL! GO and look at some stats overseas, the league was the 15th most attended of any soccer league world wide in 15-16. That's not minor at all.

And the AFL was the 4th most attended league in the world. So 15th is pretty low...:p

Ill point out that the Aleague was well and truly outrated yesterday by the NFL.

Im comparing the A League to the BBL which is only 5 YEARS old and smashing the A league every which way.
You are backing a losing horse mate with your dreams? that soccer will all of a sudden improve dramaticaly

The facts speak for themselves and they show very little improvement in crowds and TV ratings sure the TV ratings are up a bit this season but from a VERY low base.It will be a very long time if ever for a local soccer league to get 1 million plus TV ratings on FTA.

Like it or not the A-league foxtel ratings will improve over time like all other sports.

It's possible, but the A-League ratings peaked about four years ago, dropped for a few years, they have picked up again a bit this season, but not to the level they were four years ago. They will probably bobble around this level for some time to come.

And the AFL was the 4th most attended league in the world. So 15th is pretty low...:p

Ill point out that the Aleague was well and truly outrated yesterday by the NFL.

Newcastle v Perth up against 1.1m metro watching the cricket...yep.

Go back and have a look at the data, Jets/Perth has NEVER rated above 50k in A-League history. Was always going to be low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The facts speak for themselves and they show very little improvement in crowds and TV ratings sure the TV ratings are up a bit this season but from a VERY low base.It will be a very long time if ever for a local soccer league to get 1 million plus TV ratings on FTA.
This is the thing mate, it doesn't need to get 1m on FTA to be a success. If it moves to a Channel 10 or 9 next year and Derbies get, say 300-400k metro, that's a success.

This is the thing mate, it doesn't need to get 1m on FTA to be a success. If it moves to a Channel 10 or 9 next year and Derbies get, say 300-400k metro, that's a success.
Where is 300-400k coming from? People do not like SBS coverage, but they do know SBS covers the game.

If the are not willing to watch just because it's on SBS, they are not really keen fans.

300k still isn't much for a top tv slot. For those figures it needs to be a poor slot, or a secondary channel.

300k is WBBL territory, and they get main channel because they tie it in with BBL.

Personally, I can see ratings doubling, which puts it in 100-200k territory, on a secondary channel.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Where is 300-400k coming from? People do not like SBS coverage, but they do know SBS covers the game.

If the are not willing to watch just because it's on SBS, they are not really keen fans.

300k still isn't much for a top tv slot. For those figures it needs to be a poor slot, or a secondary channel.

300k is WBBL territory, and they get main channel because they tie it in with BBL.

Personally, I can see ratings doubling, which puts it in 100-200k territory, on a secondary channel.

Yes, I think that's where it's likely to fall (on average), more than likely on a secondary channel, if it makes it there at all.

It's not out of the question that the odd derby might occasionally push beyond 250k, but it's not the sort of outcome that will make an FTA sit up and take notice.

300k isn't BBL territory. WBBL metro is around 100-200k. And that's on the main channel.

No FTA channel could afford to have ratings of 200 - 300,000 in prime time on their main channel.

For starters the advertisers would not pay top dollar for those sorts of figures and that would lead to loss making by the TV companies.

I reckon fta have a-league over a barrel. In the unlikely event a-league pulls say 300k on a secondaty channel, a commercial network could almost charge them for the exposure. otherwise, if i was runing a tv network, i'd ask it to pay for the exposure up until they reach the audience targets the league claims it will pull, and then take a cut of the advertising over and above that, rather than a straight-out tv deal.
I'd also make a-leaugue pay production costs.
a-league needs fta more than fta neds it.

Newcastle v Perth up against 1.1m metro watching the cricket...yep.

Go back and have a look at the data, Jets/Perth has NEVER rated above 50k in A-League history. Was always going to be low.

Well this is just delicious..just nom nom nom delicious.....here are the ratings dating back to 12/13 (thanks again to the Wookie)

upload_2017-1-16_13-8-27.png

You'll of course note:
  • from 12/13 to 14/15 this game failed to hit 50k on just two occasions
  • It, indeed, hasn't hit 50 in the last two seasons
  • Yesterdays was the 2nd worst over the 5 years
Perhaps you should take pause from your righteous campaign of purging the world of anything negative about soccer, and actually check your facts rather than make sh!t up!!!!

lol. Amazing. Always knew there was an undercurrent of hate.

And yes, 102k is good and fine for a young league still growing. 40k at the ground as well. Who know what it would have got on a FTA network?

In fact, a single Derby has NEVER been show on FTA. And the A-League isn't a minor code, buddy.

You'll note I said "subset"...you personally aren't that obnoxious compared to most of the paranoid soccertistas, you do have a massive, massive shoulder chip and share the persecution complex. This is exemplified by your coming on to an australian football forum, hilariously railing against anyone making a remotely negative comparison of soccer with other sports.

Again, rather than continuously accusing me of being hateful, show me a link to where you are checking soccer bile on 442 or whatever other den of misery the shoulder chippers frequent and I'll take you seriously.

Again "buddy", 102k for the marque game is fine for a minor code but rubbish for a code that has delusions of anything bigger than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back