Play Nice Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - Please refer to each sports own boards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfooty should go to number 1 STV channel from this week. People watching replays and other programs on foxleague from Mon-Thurs may have got them over the line, where as this week Foxfooty will have all the previous weeks replays too for a like for like comparison.

Concerning if foxtel numbers drop off too much seeing as foxtel was mainly responsible for the massive increase in the last broadcast rights deal.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
FoxLeague won't have a single second of matches overlapping with 8 full live games being played on the channel every week of the season.

On the flip-side FoxFooty generally only has 6? (may be 7) matches played on it with Fox Sports 3 getting the others which are played at the same time as other FoxFooty matches cannibalizing the audience share.

If FoxFooty were to ever finish top STV this year i'd be surprised though others on here know far more on this sort of thing than i do so are probably better to comment.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
FoxLeague won't have a single second of matches overlapping with 8 full live games being played on the channel every week of the season.

On the flip-side FoxFooty generally only has 6? (may be 7) matches played on it with Fox Sports 3 getting the others which are played at the same time as other FoxFooty matches cannibalizing the audience share.

If FoxFooty were to ever finish top STV this year i'd be surprised though others on here know far more on this sort of thing than i do so are probably better to comment.

All good points, so hard to say at the moment.

We do know:
- Fox footy used to kill the overall ratings, daylight 2nd, even if individual matches weren't outrating league matches
- we do see that occasionally footy replays rate quite well
- our talk shows rate consistently high, often pushing 100k, which is excellent for any mid-week show.

Francis Leach‏Verified account @SaintFrankly 1m1 minute ago
Nice work @antsharwood - maybe @nrl need to employ Lara Bingle to reprise "Where the bloody hell are ya?" Campaign.

Massive AFL Crowd Numbers Embarrass The Struggling NRL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...ng-nrl_a_22012832/?ncid=fcbklnkauhpmg00000001

Surely after all these years of being embarrassed, they shouldn't be embarrassed anymore, nothing is going to change with Sydney RL crowds, they are what they are.

Sydney is more than big enough for 4 A league teams and another AFL team at some stage and my bet is all those teams would give the Sydney NRL average a run for their money or beat it.

Surely after all these years of being embarrassed, they shouldn't be embarrassed anymore, nothing is going to change with Sydney RL crowds, they are what they are.

Sydney is more than big enough for 4 A league teams and another AFL team at some stage and my bet is all those teams would give the Sydney NRL average a run for their money or beat it.

Welcome back garlic muncher! Watching the Socceroos tonight, they are almost pulling a swans like crowd

The Nrl crowds have always been pretty crap compared to the AFLs dating back to the 60s since the counting of the crowds first began

Cant seem to find the whole video, but Matthew Johnson was the bloke who killed Carl Williams was on trial years ago for bashing another prisoner with the other blokes, the started singing Good old Collingwood at some point which the video doesn't show.

Truly weird, no one seems to stop them they go on for ages, i don't believe Eddie on this occasion sanctioned it. :)

the camera angles on NRL broadcasts are kinda like the balding guy facing the mirror trying every creative way to do comb over to hide the bald spots....and make it look like he has more hair than he does (viewed from certain angles in forgiving light)
It must be tedious for the production having to worry about it every match and not being able to film from any angle you want.

the camera angles on NRL broadcasts are kinda like the balding guy facing the mirror trying every creative way to do comb over to hide the bald spots....and make it look like he has more hair than he does (viewed from certain angles in forgiving light)
It must be tedious for the production having to worry about it every match and not being able to film from any angle you want.

Actually I noticed that in the soccer a bit tonight....they'd show a throw in with the empty upper stand and then quickly cut to a lower camera angle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I noticed that in the soccer a bit tonight....they'd show a throw in with the empty upper stand and then quickly cut to a lower camera angle
These are the games I think should be taken to Newcastle, Gosford, Gold Coast or AAMI Park. 27k is a good crowd against the UAE on a Tuesday but 27k at SFS still looks awful when the top deck is closed. Where 27k at all other venues (bar Gosford - 20k) is a full house and great spectical on TV.

These are the games I think should be taken to Newcastle, Gosford, Gold Coast or AAMI Park. 27k is a good crowd against the UAE on a Tuesday but 27k at SFS still looks awful when the top deck is closed. Where 27k at all other venues (bar Gosford - 20k) is a full house and great spectical on TV.

Yes but it is supposed to be our most popular national team and in that case should even fill ANZ on a weeknight.

Thanks NoobPie - and very prompt It also shows the gap was always there - but widened considerably from the mid 90's to the early naughties and has been maintained since then.

If finals were also included, the gap would be wider still all the way through (e.g in 1970 EVERY VFL final attracted over 100,000).

Soccer
  • WCQ: Socceroos d United Arab Emirates: Crowd: 27,328 @ Allianz Stadium
  • Tues WCQ FTA - Aus v UAE - 256,000 (Syd 80,000 melb 95,000 Bris 43,000 Adel 23,000 Per 15,000) - on 9Go!
  • Tues WCQ STV - Aus v AUE 178,000 FS50

AFL
A-league
NRL
Super Rugby
General

You are kidding right.

Generally the Rugby League and soccer, the main camera goes down one side. So you see the crowd on the other side.

Take leichhardt tigers v the storm

The camera runs down the along the members stand end, back in the day this would have been showing just the hill and benches GA areas that were full (so is the members stand as well).

Nowadays, they have placed some old seats from the SCG i think on were the benches were closest to the grounds and charged an extra 5 bucks or so for the seats. These are by far and away the most empty part of the ground and are by far and away the most shown part of the ground when most other area of leichhardt looks full.

Soccer is the same, the same it runs the camera long one side mostly, and depending on the time whether you want to be in the sun or the rain you will get what crowd you get. I am sure some on here could comment more about aami park but since morons in victoria are used to sitting behind goalposts, the crowds probably look worse then they are because they arent going to swing behind the goal posts unless points are scored.

Now lets look at the AFL and how they work the cameras in Giants and Swans games.

Honestly, sometimes I think people on here support AFL like its some sort of righteous religion from GOD above all the other lowly ball games, when you look at the track record of which organisation does better at building relationships within the media / justice system / government to get better outcomes for the game (some might call it a word starting with c and ending in n) it isn't rugby league or soccer....Its the game staring you in the face.

But anyways you come for a breed that boo blokes you cut from your side when they manage to get a gig elsewhere so what would should I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back