Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can rebuild a list in about 7 or 8 years. Rebuilding culture is far more difficult and takes twice as long to rebuild. I am not sure what's wrong with Essendon but they mirror Carlton is a lot of ways and Carlton's biggest issue over the last 20 years has been culture. That all came about from a combination of poor list management and being gutted by the salary cap scandal. Essendon have gone through a similar thing so it's probably an issue as well.

I don't think Dodoro is terrible from an outsider looking in. He's made some mistakes, the Danaher fiasco being one of them. His rebuild strategy could well be questioned but time will tell whether that's worked or not.
I share your views regarding importance of culture and providing a high performance environment is critical for any list to thrive and develop. Carlton and Essendon share much in common in this respect. Essendon is now back on track and 12 months into a new journey with all signs indicating cultural issues have been addressed and resolved at this stage. I trust Brian Cook to lead this piece at Carlton successfully, noting he thinks it will take a little bit of time to reset and set in train the updated template for the wider clubs vision and culture.

Every list manager makes mistakes. None of them are perfect. The Daniher thing in all honesty had its genesis with the club not being able to provide him an environment to develop, as noted above re culture. He was also not professional with his recovery but that’s another matter. In the end Dodoro scored a blank at his first attempt to reluctantly offload him. In the end he got pick 7 which was ultimately a reasonable result all things considered.

Every list manager makes mistakes. None of them are perfect. The Daniher thing in all honesty had its genesis with the club not being able to provide him an environment to develop, as noted above re culture. He was also not professional with his recovery but that’s another matter. In the end Dodoro scored a blank at his first attempt to reluctantly offload him. In the end he got pick 7 which was ultimately a reasonable result all things considered.

That was great tactical thinking, not sure any other recruiter would have got that result.

Personally I rate Dodo's efforts well ahead of Silvagni's, considering degree of difficulty/advantage faced by both.

SOS Dodoro'd 2 clubs, Dodoro has only Dodoro'd one club.

1 Dodoro'd is better than 2 Dodoro'ds, I guess.

You can rebuild a list in about 7 or 8 years. Rebuilding culture is far more difficult and takes twice as long to rebuild. I am not sure what's wrong with Essendon but they mirror Carlton is a lot of ways and Carlton's biggest issue over the last 20 years has been culture. That all came about from a combination of poor list management and being gutted by the salary cap scandal. Essendon have gone through a similar thing so it's probably an issue as well.

I don't think Dodoro is terrible from an outsider looking in. He's made some mistakes, the Danaher fiasco being one of them. His rebuild strategy could well be questioned but time will tell whether that's worked or not.

I disagree with this a bit. Good culture is simply winning culture. A large amount of successful clubs have had horrible player behavior. The winning covers the cracks.

What's turned around Melbourne's culture? Having superstar ball winning/goal kicking midfielders and arguably the greatest ruckman to play the game. If elite self driven players win you premierships, culture is set by recruiters.

I disagree with this a bit. Good culture is simply winning culture. A large amount of successful clubs have had horrible player behavior. The winning covers the cracks.

What's turned around Melbourne's culture? Having superstar ball winning/goal kicking midfielders and arguably the greatest ruckman to play the game. If elite self driven players win you premierships, culture is set by recruiters.

Yes and no, good culture drives how you play, how you train, how you recover, your efforts etc. Some are internally driven, others aren't. In a poor culture players wont sacrifice, put their bodies on the line or do the hard effort based stuff such as defensive efforts.

Driving culture is a tricky thing, there is a fine line between driving players out of a club and driving them to the limits of their potential.

I've experienced it as a player, in a good cultured club you can't get away with poor efforts, people are going to say something and make you accountable, in a poor culture no one says anything. For example.

Culture is everything.

Culture is set by recruiters but is a whole club thing. Have a good look at who has come into Melbourne recently. Chocco for example, success has followed him all his life for a reason.

Melbourne's game isn't just about the talent of the players, their effort is second to none, their hardness and defensive efforts are culture driven. When that drops they will be just another team.

Curious to know if we somehow manage to win a flag in the next 3-5 years does Dodoro become a headline for all the right reasons or does Truck and playing group get all the plaudits?
Everyone would get it. Brasher for initiating the needed review. Mahoney for fixing footy dept and leading review implementation.. Truck for driving culture, standards and technical delivery. Recruitment for years of strong building. Etc.

I continue to be bemused by supporters of other clubs who hold such a grievance against the dodo? I couldn't even tell you the name of any other clubs chief recruiters nor do I care clubs pick players every year some are busts some are great.I have no complaints but just the fact alone he gets under the skin of opposition supporters is a bonus. Merrett, Parish ,Stringer all during 'the troubles' is a decent enough job for me:thumbsu:
Sorry, not Dodoro related but reading through this thread I found it amusing Essendon supporters still can't say the words "drug cheating", instead calling it "the troubles" or " the saga" or "supplements scandal".

They tried to cheat using unapproved substances.

Just own it and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, not Dodoro related but reading through this thread I found it amusing Essendon supporters still can't say the words "drug cheating", instead calling it "the troubles" or " the saga" or "supplements scandal".

They tried to cheat using unapproved substances.

Just own it and move on.

The impacts were far longer and wider reaching than drug cheating. Had they simply did what Cronulla did, it wouldn't have been a saga, or at least, it would have been an abbreviated saga.

The saga more correctly represents that it was a drawn out, multi-year period of events.

This thread is a good indicator of the number of opposition supporters that get sucked into clickbait articles every trade and draft period.

Probably the same people that get overly worried about pantomime villains.

The same could be said for those Essendon fans who get sucked into the dodoro enigma despite the club not having any success in a very long time.

Coaching staff? Development staff? Strength & Conditioning staff?

People like to pretend Dodoro is the sole and only staff member at the club sometimes.

All important. But why has Merrett been more developed than the rest of our list? Is there something innate about him that isn't common on our list?

Is he not working with the same coaches/development staff and strength staff?

They will eventually win a final.

The question should be.

Will Dodo still be above ground to see Essendon win a final?

Because I doubt they will sack him.

Essendon backroom is suffering the same fate Carlton have for years ... boys club back slaps ... Footy is a results driven industry ..

Well yeah.

If you read through the Essendon board you will see that very few if any are "sucked into the dodoro enigma" as was suggested.

Yet you think they are successful ... or is Dodo .. just but part of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back