Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth reminding Dodo defenders every once in a while that the AFL equalisation system is set up in such a way that it's basically supposed to be impossible for a team to be this consistently rubbish for 20 years. Particularly when you're in the top 3 richest and most powerful clubs and do not have to worry about the 'go home' factor like say a Gold Coast.

'But Hobbs looks good' - he was originally a top 5 rated pick who nobody predicted would still be there at pick 13. Yeah, Adrian is some kind of wizard for selecting him.

'But Perkins, Cox, Reid have potential' - no sh*t, they were top 10 picks.

You give the guy an absurdly disproportionate amount of credit for 'nailing' the easiest part of his job. Yes, it does involve some skill as teams often screw it up, but identifying talent is not the same as balancing lists.

And then because of it you give the guy an absurdly disproportionate amount of slack for consistently delivering poor lists even in a system that is literally designed to protect clubs from the long-term ramifications of having incompetent people around.
Well said. Any random bozo could draft comparably well using a draft ranking or phantom draft.

On Shiel, wanting a player and considering the trade cost to be "worth it" are two very distinct things.

I remember being keen on getting Judd from West Coast, but we just didn't have the draft capital and the alternative was to smash the list to pieces in hopes of matching what Carlton could offer. So I was happy with the end result, especially given what Carlton ended up giving away and the lack of success they had while he was there, despite his herculean efforts in carrying their midfield on his war-torn shoulders.

And the less said about Dayne bloody Beams the better. Disastrous.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but there are very, very, VERY few players you should give up multiple first rounders for. I sometimes wonder if list management falls prey to the same desire supporters are often victims of... Wanting to "win" trade week instead of looking at things a little more dispassionately.

Buggered if I know where I'm going with this post now. Um..... How good's the footy?
Judd, beams, shiel, kelly.

Clubs all pay overs, make stupid deals
Dodoro may not be top shelf, but he doesnt train and coach the teams.

Even with his role pared back we still made the decision to extend smith, draft a 26yo mature non-afl hbf (cos how many is too many)....watch us extend heppell too

Thank **** every so often we pull out a draper, martin, durham and snelling

I was talking how much we paid him not how he got there lol shiel and his little mate probably cost you more than it should have like zac Williams for us and a few others really
* off. How dare you imply I am a ******* Essendon supporter.
Never felt more insulted in my life.

We , probably paid Hewitt more than Swans willing to. Hopefully not over the top as the salary cap is a thing but it starting to look like he better than Swans or I could have imagined so not fussed at this point. Thank * did not end up with Shiel given he been opposite of turned out worse than anyone could have imagined and overpaid as a result. The draft picks overpaid for Shiel even more costly as could have had two good young players for him for next decade, which is the real issue of these type of trades, if you give up access to young talent for someone in middle aged football terms and they fail to deliver on what you would have expected.

So I omitted information…which actually makes your case worse?

Self Burn GIF

Nope, just that you admitted to omitting it.

As usual, instead of simply dealing in the actual reality which provides more than enough criticism to work with, people simply make s**t up.

Well said. Any random bozo could draft comparably well using a draft ranking or phantom draft.

Except for all those clubs who don't...

Dodoro is about average at his job, if the media didn't pump him up every offseason no one would think twice about him.

Even the best list managers get plenty of picks wrong.

It's worth reminding Dodo defenders every once in a while that the AFL equalisation system is set up in such a way that it's basically supposed to be impossible for a team to be this consistently rubbish for 20 years. Particularly when you're in the top 3 richest and most powerful clubs and do not have to worry about the 'go home' factor like say a Gold Coast.

'But Hobbs looks good' - he was originally a top 5 rated pick who nobody predicted would still be there at pick 13. Yeah, Adrian is some kind of wizard for selecting him.

'But Perkins, Cox, Reid have potential' - no sh*t, they were top 10 picks.

You give the guy an absurdly disproportionate amount of credit for 'nailing' the easiest part of his job. Yes, it does involve some skill as teams often screw it up, but identifying talent is not the same as balancing lists.

And then because of it you give the guy an absurdly disproportionate amount of slack for consistently delivering poor lists even in a system that is literally designed to protect clubs from the long-term ramifications of having incompetent people around.
So what about all the deeper draft/psd/rookie picks he's nailed. Or does that not suit your argument?

He's actually built pretty good sides.
You can lead a horse to water..

At one point we arguably had the best spine in the league but couldn't win a chook raffle.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what about all the deeper draft/psd/rookie picks he's nailed. Or does that not suit your argument?

He's actually built pretty good sides.
You can lead a horse to water..

At one point we arguably had the best spine in the league but couldn't win a chook raffle.
Please do tell when you had arguable the best spine in the league?

They're delusional for every hit he had he also had 5 misses to go with it the guy can't build a list at all yet they still defend him
I've posted more than any other Essendon supporter in this very thread. No one is defending in, merely pointing out the inaccuracies many want to go with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back