Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instead they decided to get Sheeds back.

Love it!

When in doubt call the plumber with some stop leak?

Yikes. 223 pages on how much of a genius the mighty Adrian Doritos is.

I can break it all down for you if you’d like? Yeah? No probs. Here we go.

Where should we start? Scott Gumbleton? Nah that’s way too easy a target.

What about Cyril Rioli? Nup, low hanging fruit again. Hindsight recruiting and all.

Why don’t we start with how most of the moves Dorito has made has put the Essendon Football club in the dire position they’re in today. I mean, this bloke just lost Joe Daniher, and JD could be anything, and will most likely flourish in a professional environment up north, and he won’t have to wear that dreaded jumper anymore. What about Adam Saad, that’s a huge loss if I’ve ever seen one, gargantuan even.

Dorito is the bloke that has spent a tenth of the salary cap on a player that can’t kick, AND paid through the nose for him as well, but we’ll sweep that under the carpet, that suits the narrative.

There’s only one explanation for the predicament the Bombers are in right now, Adrian Dorito is a spy for Carlton, a double agent, as there is no conceivable way he has the best interests of the club at heart, nup, not a chance, it’s time to cut him loose.
Yep, not doubting that. Do the crime do the time. Anyway, back to you cocky campaigners who have not been a contender since the 90s. Even the Saints have been a bigger contender and north. So just cool your jets.
Why are you deflecting with the Saints/North talk?
You know who else hasn't established a winning culture? Carlton.
You know who else hasn’t systematically cheated by jabbing performance enhancing drugs into their guts? Carlton.
Have you read anything on big footy in the last few months?
Why the hell would we want to read most of the drivel that gets spewed onto these pages? Some of it is informative, there’s no doubting that, but most of it is from footy nuffs that have nothing better to do with their lives other than come on here and berate other people’s opinions, whilst offering nothing of note themselves.

I’m all for robust footy discussions, love it, hell, I even crave it at times, but when you’re talking to some of the battery lickers that unfortunately have access to wifi and a BF account you tend to sit back and go, hmmmm, do I really want to argue with someone who has clearly come to a battle half-armed?

Anyway, Adrian Dorito should stay, as he’s giving the rest of the clubs a leg up by doing so.
Mate say what you like about Essendon I cannot possibly be upset. I wish I could change my team on here but I can't.
See, you could say anything you like about Carlton, and it wouldn’t upset me. Do you wanna know why? I can tell you if you’d like? Ima tell you, you look intrigued.

Why be so emotionally invested in something you have no control over, not one bit. Nothing. There is no point, it is a fruitless exercise. Be passionate, sure, passion is a good emotion, good for the soul, but you can’t let things out of your control determine the way you’re going to feel for an entire week after Essendon/Carlton/whoever lose. That’s when you know you’ve got a problem, and you should probably find another avenue in which you can garner some enjoyment, something where you have control over the outcome.

What changes would you make?
BRING BACK JOE MISITI!

Last edited:
Where should we start? Scott Gumbleton? Nah that’s way too easy a target.

This one keeps getting brought up.

Explain how Gumbleton was a failure as a draftee.

Not based on hindsight due to injury, but information at the time of the draft.

I've done some groundwork for you, here was his pre-draft profile;

Highlights/achievements: Strong marking, courageous and agile tall who can play either end. All-Australian at U18 level this year after representing WA in 2005 and 2006. Played 15 games at senior level for Peel this year with his contested marking a feature. His beep test of 14.2 showed his outstanding endurance at the NAB AFL Draft Camp this year. AIS/AFL Academy Graduate.

Dodoro doesn't coach the players, he doesn't develop the players, he isn't the conditioning team. Explain how Gumbleton was a failure purely as a draft selection.

This one keeps getting brought up.

Explain how Gumbleton was a failure as a draftee.

Not based on hindsight due to injury, but information at the time of the draft.

I've done some groundwork for you, here was his pre-draft profile;

Dodoro doesn't coach the players, he doesn't develop the players, he isn't the conditioning team. Explain how Gumbleton was a failure purely as a draft selection.
8F80C31C-6F44-48E9-A8F0-89AB5846CD33.jpeg 065F5226-E639-4556-B81A-FB78970DA7D5.jpeg

:$ :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Look this kid is better than Harris Andrews.”

They put up a drafting video where Dodoro describes Reid as a Harris Andrews type. Rutten asks where he is in relation to Andrews at the same age, Dodoro said he is ahead. Andrews was an academy player that was bid on in the late second round and Reid was a first round prospect, he said absolutely nothing that wasn’t factual, means absolutely nothing and didn’t imply that he’d be better.

Some flog takes a sound bite and everyone has a conniption.

They put up a drafting video where Dodoro describes Reid as a Harris Andrews type. Rutten asks where he is in relation to Andrews at the same age, Dodoro said he is ahead. Andrews was an academy player that was bid on in the late second round and Reid was a first round prospect, he said absolutely nothing that wasn’t factual, means absolutely nothing and didn’t imply that he’d be better.

Still waiting to have my conniption!

This is a rather emotional response for BigFooty, O’When78.

Why are you getting all sweaty at the mention of Gumbletron? There’s no need to become so sensitive over something that happened 14 years ago, my man. It was just another Dorito failing, nothing more.

Not at all emotional, I think it's bizarre how obsessive a number of Carlton supporters are about an employee of another club. Have you all as one decided to come over here and post the last few days?

If you're going to have a go about Dodoro's drafting history, Gumbleton isn't the one though.

That's like telling your mates you did a line of cocaine with David Zaharakis in the Eve toilets back in 2012. No one can confirm or deny it, but it makes for a reasonable story.

I actually don't think it's true, for what it's worth. Andrews had the benefit of playing out his draft year, and performed exceptionally well throughout. In hindsight it took opposition teams way to long to properly look at academy prospects and bid on them as if they were attainable.

Reid is also still a legitimate beanpole, while Andrews was more physically developed at the same age. Spindly arms, sure, but broad shouldered and generally bigger and stronger than the players around him.

So yeh, not that factual, and kind of just some pointless navel-gazing.

That's like telling your mates you did a line of cocaine with David Zaharakis in the Eve toilets back in 2012. No one can confirm or deny it, but it makes for a reasonable story.

I actually don't think it's true, for what it's worth. Andrews had the benefit of playing out his draft year, and performed exceptionally well throughout. In hindsight it took opposition teams way to long to properly look at academy prospects and bid on them as if they were attainable.

Reid is also still a legitimate beanpole, while Andrews was more physically developed at the same age. Spindly arms, sure, but broad shouldered and generally bigger and stronger than the players around him.

So yeh, not that factual, and kind of just some pointless navel-gazing.

It was from a predraft briefing. Only edited down to the players we’d taken. Obviously didn’t show the parts where they spoke of weaknesses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back