Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have talent but none of it clicks together, we have never looked fluent for longer than a quarter, we cant seem to build chemistry between lines

You get brownie points for mentioning "chemistry" as a * supporter......

Bombers were ordinary yesterday, they looked rudderless similar to the the Knights years. I actually think their top end talent is not that bad.

Wafer thin depth atm, we've got a bunch of very young KPP's and have had injuries to a number of the senior guys you'd expect to be providing some form of on-field direction. Our most experienced defender on the weekend (that was playing in the backline) was Marty Gleeson.

I actually thought they did OK against Port, even the Fox Footy review had it as a C. It was a clear Top-4 side playing at home with limited injuries to key players, against a Bottom-4 side that had the least AFL experience of any team that played over the weekend.

Remains to be seen how they progress over the season, but if we can work towards some kind of coherent structure on the group and fail because of inexperience / lack of talent, i'm ok with that.

I'd rather see a team built around some form of system, than one papering over cracks to shut down games to limit a loss that doesn't really take them anywhere.

That Making Their Mark doco was a good one, Hardwick's coaching now is basically just convincing players to follow and trust in their system, they've now been playing it for years and have it drilled in to their brains. I want to see Essendon do the same.

Draper out for 8 weeks can pencil Essendon in for a bottom 4 now no depth whatsoever in there list it’s beyond a joke how dodoro still has a job

He's responsible for injury management?

Bombers were ordinary yesterday, they looked rudderless similar to the the Knights years. I actually think their top end talent is not that bad.

Depth is shithouse.

We've got literally two key talls that could in any way have been considered elite (Hurley and Hooker), and both are long in the tooth - Hooker almost certainly in his last year and Hurley may never play again.

Our midfield has been a joke for a decade, I can't remember the last time I looked at an opponent and thought 'yeah we should have a clear midfield advantage'.

Forward line on paper has looked ok at points over the years. Daniher, Stringer, Walla, Laverde, Smith etc - looks alright. But then a combination of injuries, coaching, and general pea-heartedness has led it to not perform.

All in all I think it's perfectly valid to ask WTF Dodoro has been doing, however I think the 'Essendon are s**t BECAUSE of Dodoro' is overly simplistic and foolish - Essendon has WAAAAAAYYYYYY bigger problems than its list management.

No but his responsible for building a list with no depth whatsoever relying on a rookie ruckman not to get injured even with all our injuries if we can’t beat Essendon buy 10 goals this week there will be something wrong

We have 3 genuine ruckman on the list and 1 ruck/forward (wright), Draper, Phillips and Bryan, how many ruckman should we have?

Depth is shithouse.

A list manager's job is to build depth, no?

We've got literally two key talls that could in any way have been considered elite (Hurley and Hooker), and both are long in the tooth - Hooker almost certainly in his last year and Hurley may never play again.

Is that meant to be a defence of Dodoro?

Our midfield has been a joke for a decade, I can't remember the last time I looked at an opponent and thought 'yeah we should have a clear midfield advantage'.

Again, who's been responsible for bringing midfielders in over the last decade?

A list manager's job is to build depth, no?

Is that meant to be a defence of Dodoro?

Again, who's been responsible for bringing midfielders in over the last decade?

What gives you the impression I was trying to defend Dodoro?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but his responsible for building a list with no depth whatsoever relying on a rookie ruckman not to get injured even with all our injuries if we can’t beat Essendon buy 10 goals this week there will be something wrong

Of all the things you could criticise Essendon for, it's ruck depth is not one of them - in fact, it's one of the more idiotic criticisms I've seen.

He's responsible for injury management?
He is responsible for getting club enough depth where it can compete. Like when Eagles won the flag in 2018 Nic Nat went down although not as good they still had decent rucks to cover him even Gaff!

He is responsible for getting club enough depth where it can compete. Like when Eagles won the flag in 2018 Nic Nat went down although not as good they still had decent rucks to cover him even Gaff!

Again, of all the things to criticise Essendon or Dodoro for, Essendon's ruck stocks are not it. We have very good top level talent AND very good depth with rucks.

We have 3 genuine ruckman on the list and 1 ruck/forward (wright), Draper, Phillips and Bryan, how many ruckman should we have?
Wright couldn’t even get a game for the suns and buy all reports is on a bad contract , Draper has potential but shouldn’t be shouldering the load at this stage other two are good ordinary at best

Wright couldn’t even get a game for the suns and buy all reports is on a bad contract , Draper has potential but shouldn’t be shouldering the load at this stage other two are good ordinary at best

Oh so we should have 4 really good to elite ruckman on the list? Bryan is a kid and looks a talent, heaps of development left in him. Phillips is perfectly fine as a back up.

Stop talking.

You've walked yourself in to a position, and true to BigFooty form would rather try and deny the existence of gravity than admit that maybe your initial thought wasn't right.

Essendon's ruck stocks are fine. In fact, I'd even say they're very good.

Sam Draper is older and more physically developed than Tim English and Brodie Grundy were when they assumed #1 ruck duties, and he has, by near universal acclaim, the talent to be an elite level ruckman.

Andrew Phillips is the same level of ruck that every team has - a good VFL ruck who can fill at AFL level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop talking.

You've walked yourself in to a position, and true to BigFooty form would rather try and deny the existence of gravity than admit that maybe your initial thought wasn't right.

Essendon's ruck stocks are fine. In fact, I'd even say they're very good.

Sam Draper is older and more physically developed than Tim English and Brodie Grundy were when they assumed #1 ruck duties, and he has, by near universal acclaim, the talent to be an elite level ruckman.

Andrew Phillips is the same level of ruck that every team has - a good VFL ruck who can fill at AFL level.

And then Nick Bryan, fu** me shut up you ignorant fool, you clearly know nothing about him.

Draper is by far one of the least of Essendons issues. Kid (If he keeps developing and stays injury free) will be a top 5 ruckman in due course.

Draper is by far one of the least of Essendons issues. Kid (If he keeps developing and stays injury free) will be a top 5 ruckman in due course.

The fact he's suffered his second serious injury in three years sucks arse (as a Blues fan you'd be all too familiar with that pain...), but anyone questioning his appropriateness to lead our ruck division is a stone cold fool.

The fact he's suffered his second serious injury in three years sucks arse (as a Blues fan you'd be all too familiar with that pain...), but anyone questioning his appropriateness to lead our ruck division is a stone cold fool.

I agree, and yes I can bloody empathise about shitting injuries cruelling lists.

Draper out for 8 weeks can pencil Essendon in for a bottom 4 now no depth whatsoever in there list it’s beyond a joke how dodoro still has a job

His job is to “win” trade week every year which he consistently does.

Not sure you can blame him for everything going wrong at the Bombers.

On another note, watching Rutten coach from the bench against Port was like watching George Bush Jr when he was told planes had hit the WTC. Just seemed too stunned to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back