Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
His job is to “win” trade week every year which he consistently does.

Not sure you can blame him for everything going wrong at the Bombers.

On another note, watching Rutten coach from the bench against Port was like watching George Bush Jr when he was told planes had hit the WTC. Just seemed too stunned to do anything.
100% agree re rutten looks like a deer in headlights completely out of his depth not sure if you’re serious about dodoro winning trade week 😁and know his not responsible for everything but he is supposed to be responsible for there list

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

On another note, watching Rutten coach from the bench against Port was like watching George Bush Jr when he was told planes had hit the WTC. Just seemed too stunned to do anything.
100% agree re rutten looks like a deer in headlights completely out of his depth not sure if you’re serious about dodoro winning trade week 😁and know his not responsible for everything but he is supposed to be responsible for there list

Do either of you have #benchcam or are you basing this off the 45-60 seconds they show during the game?

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Wright couldn’t even get a game for the suns and buy all reports is on a bad contract , Draper has potential but shouldn’t be shouldering the load at this stage other two are good ordinary at best

Weird flex considering your club offered a 0 gamer at the time 4 years at reasonable money

Really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Devon Smith has fallen into a heap - genuine shittruck for a while now. And yes, as a North fan, I'm well aware of what one looks like.

His best moment all year came when the Hawks player threw it and Smith was 3 Essendon players deep, 10 meters off the contest, not impacting it at all. He threw his arms up the most and carried on so he got the kick (which, to his credit, he nailed), but it was his 2 teammates who earned the free. It's pretty much the only time you get a glimpse of him these days - in the background appealing for a free or whinging to an umpire about an obvious free against.

He has been generally substandard for 3 years - injuries in 2019 cruelled him and he had some more prevalent games at the backend of 2020 in losses, but where does he go to next?

I don't see him as having the tricks as a forward flanker. He's not a crumber, he's not a lead up/marking forward, he gets ok tackle counts when playing as a mid but I don't see him as a truly successful pressure forward (would track to be just another standard 13 disposal, 0.4 goal, 2-3 tackles a game run behind the opposition and shout and jump a lot "pressure forward" which are a blight on the competition).

I don't understand how he lost his spot in the midfield. Good enough defensively, solid B&F playing that role. But with Shiel, Merrett, McGrath, Caldwell, Parish obviously ahead, does he break into it when there is full fitness? If Langford, Zaharakis, Perkins or even the likes of Heppell, Cutler, Hind, or Ham get elevated ahead of him, I'd honestly think he has to be trade bait or VFL material by the end of the year.

Saad, Stringer, Smith looked like such a big trade period a couple of years back...no media personality will mention it though because they were the ones that hyped Dodo up for it. Obviously can't foresee injuries but it basically hasn't worked out as expected.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Devon Smith has fallen into a heap - genuine shittruck for a while now. And yes, as a North fan, I'm well aware of what one looks like.

His best moment all year came when the Hawks player threw it and Smith was 3 Essendon players deep, 10 meters off the contest, not impacting it at all. He threw his arms up the most and carried on so he got the kick (which, to his credit, he nailed), but it was his 2 teammates who earned the free. It's pretty much the only time you get a glimpse of him these days - in the background appealing for a free or whinging to an umpire about an obvious free against.

He has been generally substandard for 3 years - injuries in 2019 cruelled him and he had some more prevalent games at the backend of 2020 in losses, but where does he go to next?

I don't see him as having the tricks as a forward flanker. He's not a crumber, he's not a lead up/marking forward, he gets ok tackle counts when playing as a mid but I don't see him as a truly successful pressure forward (would track to be just another standard 13 disposal, 0.4 goal, 2-3 tackles a game run behind the opposition and shout and jump a lot "pressure forward" which are a blight on the competition).

I don't understand how he lost his spot in the midfield. Good enough defensively, solid B&F playing that role. But with Shiel, Merrett, McGrath, Caldwell, Parish obviously ahead, does he break into it when there is full fitness? If Langford, Zaharakis, Perkins or even the likes of Heppell, Cutler, Hind, or Ham get elevated ahead of him, I'd honestly think he has to be trade bait or VFL material by the end of the year.

Saad, Stringer, Smith looked like such a big trade period a couple of years back...no media personality will mention it though because they were the ones that hyped Dodo up for it. Obviously can't foresee injuries but it basically hasn't worked out as expected.

Even still all those trades were good value. Only cost us a first and second. 12 (Bonar) for Smith, 24 and future second. Stringer for 2nds and Saad for a single second. So Aiden Bonar essentially got us Smith + Stringer and Saad got us Nik Cox. The Shiel trade was the * up. Was only ever worth a single top ten pick.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do either of you have #benchcam or are you basing this off the 45-60 seconds they show during the game?
Wor
Weird flex considering your club offered a 0 gamer at the time 4 years at reasonable money

Really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i didn’t say a bad word about Draper obviously has potential that’s why we were chasing him would have been a good second fiddle for marshal it’s your ruck back up I was talking about

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even still all those trades were good value. Only cost us a first and second. 12 (Bonar) for Smith, 24 and future second. Stringer for 2nds and Saad for a single second. So Aiden Bonar essentially got us Smith + Stringer and Saad got us Nik Cox. The Shiel trade was the fu** up. Was only ever worth a single top ten pick.
In hindsight were your list is currently positioned the much smarter move would have been to take all them picks to the draft instead of trading none of the players brought in will be in your next finals team

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes 3rd string ruckman he did due to injuries our first and second choice ruck would be as good as any in the comp and a lot better then Essendons that’s foreshore

lel.

Just stop.

As usual your insane levels of hatred for a club administrator you've never met has absolutely blinded you to any form of logical criticism.

You dive in to defend St Kilda having to SSP draft a rookie ruckman because the two on your list are injured, whilst having a go at Essendon for having three on the list?

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton

He "wins' trade week every year just like SOS thought he won trade week when picking up the GWS bargain buys

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
lel.

Just stop.

As usual your insane levels of hatred for a club administrator you've never met has absolutely blinded you to any form of logical criticism.

You dive in to defend St Kilda having to SSP draft a rookie ruckman because the two on your list are injured, whilst having a go at Essendon for having three on the list?
Just stop lol you can not take any criticism whatsoever of your club with out getting defensive . I don’t have anything personal against dodoro I like a lot of people just find it unbelievable that he has stayed in his position so long with out success it’s unheard of really . As for st kilda rucks you pick up the delisted and state league ones for the emergencys rare case that you’re first two go down we will have our first two back over the next month the difference between that and Essendon is that you have one good but young and inexperienced ruck in Draper then three others that are average at best like I said I will be disappointed if we can’t beat Essendon buy 10 goals this week !

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Just stop lol you can not take any criticism whatsoever of your club with out getting defensive . I don’t have anything personal against dodoro I like a lot of people just find it unbelievable that he has stayed in his position so long with out success it’s unheard of really . As for st kilda rucks you pick up the delisted and state league ones for the emergencys rare case that you’re first two go down we will have our first two back over the next month the difference between that and Essendon is that you have one good but young and inexperienced ruck in Draper then three others that are average at best like I said I will be disappointed if we can’t beat Essendon buy 10 goals this week !

Your posting on anything peripherally related to Essendon leads to you bringing up Dodoro. You're obsessed.

If criticism is reasonable and logical, i'll be on-board.

Criticising a club for carrying three ruckmen is neither reasonable or logical though. Try again.

We've got 2 developing ruckmen, one of whom was offered big money before having played a game by St Kilda. Then a journeyman in Philips who would be on par with most clubs back-up options.

Maybe St Kilda should have planned for having two ruckmen go down injured by having three AFL ruckmen on the list so they didn't to rely on a first year rookie to hold down their finals push. Poor planning. Delist your list manager.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
D
Your posting on anything peripherally related to Essendon leads to you bringing up Dodoro. You're obsessed.

If criticism is reasonable and logical, i'll be on-board.

Criticising a club for carrying three ruckmen is neither reasonable or logical though. Try again.

We've got 2 developing ruckmen, one of whom was offered big money before having played a game by St Kilda. Then a journeyman in Philips who would be on par with most clubs back-up options.

Maybe St Kilda should have planned for having two ruckmen go down injured by having three AFL ruckmen on the list so they didn't to rely on a first year rookie to hold down their finals push. Poor planning. Delist your list manager.
So on a thread that’s actually about Adrian dodoro and has his name in the title you think it’s strange that his name gets brought up regularly 😂talk about having a chip on your shoulder

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
D

So on a thread that’s actually about Adrian dodoro and has his name in the title you think it’s strange that his name gets brought up regularly 😂talk about having a chip on your shoulder

No, I find it strange that you inevitably pop up in most Essendon related threads bringing up Dodoro's name with nonsensical criticisms.

"WHY DID DODORO NOT HAVE ENOUGH RUCKMEN ON THE LIST"

"We have 3."

"WHY AREN'T THEY ALL ELITE THOUGH"

"No AFL club has 3 elite ruckmen on the list"

"BUT...BUT...DODORO MUST HAVE RUINED IT"

"St Kilda had to draft a rookie ruckman because theirs got injured and they only had two on the list."

"THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT"

For a bloke that's been around so long, and made so many actual mistakes, you seem to latch on to whatever the most inaccurate and illogical argument is. If he screwed your wife it would make a lot more sense.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
No, I find it strange that you inevitably pop up in most Essendon related threads bringing up Dodoro's name with nonsensical criticisms.

"We have 3."

"St Kilda had to draft a rookie ruckman because theirs got injured and they only had two on the list."

For a bloke that's been around so long, and made so many actual mistakes, you seem to latch on to whatever the most inaccurate and illogical argument is. If he screwed your wife it would make a lot more sense.
i think we paid Carlton more for Phillips than they paid for Pittonet
We replaced an AA ruckman with a rotating door of slow back up options (Berger, Giles, Clarke)
In 20+ years we've recruited 3 decent rucks....2 were lucky breaks from the rookie draft (Draper & TBC)

see, not that hard to find legit criticisms

Admittedly, carrying an 8 gamer, 0 gamer and phillips into 2021 was a bit silly.
i do wonder if his job security gets in the way of his performance

Some of our re-drafting (Gleeson, Clarke, Steinberg, Smack) vs. trialling fresh blood has me scratching my head
Ginnivan or Treacy, Maher/Callow - both could have been handy over Gleeson and Clarke.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"We have 3."

You went in with an 8 gamer, Phillips and a rookie. That's not an adequate ruck situation.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
You went in with an 8 gamer, Phillips and a rookie. That's not an adequate ruck situation.

How is it not? For a team that's on the rebuild path, we've got a highly rated young guy in Draper who was offered a 4 year deal at another club, and showed good signs. A seasoned body in Phillips, and a rookie in Bryan. Our ruck stocks were never going to be designed to win a premiership this year.

Exactly how many ruckmen should be on a list?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
How is it not? For a team that's on the rebuild path, we've got a highly rated young guy in Draper who was offered a 4 year deal at another club, and showed good signs. A seasoned body in Phillips, and a rookie in Bryan. Our ruck stocks were never going to be designed to win a premiership this year.

Exactly how many ruckmen should be on a list?
i think we needed another ahead of Phillips, behind Draper.
Stef Martin would have been nice.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
i think we needed another ahead of Phillips, behind Draper.
Stef Martin would have been nice.

Stef was about the only ready to go one available I think, and it makes a lot more sense for him to be at the Bulldogs.

I think people forget how few genuine AFL standard ruckmen are rolling around, and why the ones who are borderline end up spending a decade on AFL lists e.g. Jonathan Giles. We were always going to run with Draper at #1 this year, which meant anyone moving would be doing so knowing they're not even guaranteed a game.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Stef was about the only ready to go one available I think, and it makes a lot more sense for him to be at the Bulldogs.

I think people forget how few genuine AFL standard ruckmen are rolling around, and why the ones who are borderline end up spending a decade on AFL lists e.g. Jonathan Giles. We were always going to run with Draper at #1 this year, which meant anyone moving would be doing so knowing they're not even guaranteed a game.
yeah

i thought we should be going Draper, ????, Phillips in case of emergency, Bryan until he leapfrogs the other 2.
Stef is just an example.
3 genuine rucks, where one is a project and the other is, well, limited isn't great list mgmt.

But not a departure from how we've approached the ruck for quite some time.
The running joke of NLM as ruck has it's roots in some truth

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
explain 2003-2011 then
You were just no good back then, but at least your club had balls: Replaced Sheedy with an outsider from Richmond... Sacked him too... Appointed Hirdy (a rookie coach) and poached Bomber and his rogue sports scientists from Geelong. They were failures, but the club didn't tolerate failure (hence the slogan: whatever it takes)

Bombers just seem to be soft club nowadays where losing has become accepted.

As for that fraud Dodoro, your club should use this as its new marketing slogan: Welcome to the 17th year of our Five Year Plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back