Status
Not open for further replies.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Cant wait to see how you manage to fu** it up this time!
If (if) they fix the wider club properly this time, they might finally deliver on converting talent into wins.

Talent alone won’t convert to onfield success if culture (standards & accountability), player development, game plans and injury management are not managed successfully. This has been Essendon’s failing for 15 years.

They need another low finish to secure another quality midfielder (inside). Then they should have the bases broadly covered with a 3-5 year horizon of development with young talls and mids in place as the foundation. It has a quality young ruck (Draper) and a strong but young and inexperienced defence. It needed to plug other holes along the way to add further quality and depth.

Will Essendon finally come good? That comes down to whether Xavier Campbell and Josh Mahoney can successfully deliver on the outcomes of Paul Brashers 2020 football review.... That’s it.

Time will tell. We won’t know for a couple of years.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
His 2020 off season looks good early, Caldwell, Hind are wins for sure, Wright is a stopgap but is playing his role well enough, Waterman can play, Cox and Perkins have already shown a bit especially Cox. Reid and Eyre doing bits in the VFL. Considering who we lost I think we've come out ok, but early days.
Im hoping baldwin gets fit and gets a career off the crowd
Forgot all about him draft night.
Ridiculously good talent.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Let's face it. He's a dodo but the list is looking promising. Guys like Caldwell Parish Ridley Merrett are a decent top group.

Wright looks a bargain

I’ve mentioned this a number of times over the years but he you g talent each club brings in is talented, it’s the development our coaching group lacks that ruins these kids. Dodo is just a face and an easy target for people to shoot at to kick the tyres at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's face it. He's a dodo but the list is looking promising. Guys like Caldwell Parish Ridley Merrett are a decent top group.

Wright looks a bargain

As does Hind.

COMFORTABLY has Saad covered this year, at a substantially lower cost.

Synth

I'm kind of a big deal
May 25, 2009
Bayside, Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb City, Man City, NY Giants
As does Hind.

COMFORTABLY has Saad covered this year, at a substantially lower cost.

I wouldn't say comfortably but to give up Saad to bring in pick 8, and then to get Hind effectively for free is a brilliant move.
Both players are 26, so we don't lose anything in age.

This is all assuming Hind stays at this level. Saad has proven his worth over multiple years.

I wouldn't say comfortably but to give up Saad to bring in pick 8, and then to get Hind effectively for free is a brilliant move.
Both players are 26, so we don't lose anything in age.

This is all assuming Hind stays at this level. Saad has proven his worth over multiple years.

Yeah I don't want to sound like I'm going too hard with the mayo.

Saad is class - we know this, and over the course of the season his class may very well win out in this specific head to head - but I am comfortable that in the small sample size of three rounds in, Hind is performing better than Saad is.

Happy for anyone to correct me here (hard to keep 100% track of it when academy/FS bids are matched), but the totality of Essendon's Hind/Saad deals equals roughly this:

Out: Saad
In: Hind, Reid

The pick exchanges proved effectively moot to Essendon outside that with the Eyre/Brand bid matches.

I mean - they've done EXCEEDINGLY well out of that.

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Points to a greater cultural issue at not accepting issues and pretending all is okay, nothing to see here.

pot-kettle.jpg

What's the bet an Essendon mod couldn't stand this title and just had to add "IMO" at the end of it.

How sad.

There are no Essendon mods on the MB.

Nice sob though.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
There are no Essendon mods on the MB.

Nice sob though.

Could be worse, could have a Carlton mod on the main boards allowing anything through when it’s not directed at his club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Marshal has been very durable for a young ruck and Ryder had a great year last season they will both be back over the next 3-4 weeks plenty of time for the finals . I wish they were playing this week though would have been great to see them towl up your second rate ruck department I guess I will have to settle for watching your undersized soft midfield get taken to the cleaners again👍

This aged well

I want Dodo gone, but the 2020 haul looks fantastic. Hind is an instant replacement for Saad, Perkins looks all class and Cox is going to be an absolute freak of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back