Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only factor to justify his multiple list builds are the penalties coming down for the peptides drug saga and the derailment of the team. That team was probably the one that could have done the most damage and would likely won at least 1 final if it hadn't been dismantled. Then again, who knows how much of that era's performance was due to the illegal performance enhancing substances that may have been systematically injected into each player?

Otherwise, it's 20 years of consistent Dodoro. There have been multilple coaches and groups unable to break through for a finals win, so the one constant during that time has to take the brunt of the blame.

So what your saying is Dodoro built a reasonable list but was unfortunately brought to it's knees by a systematic doping regime he had absolutely zero control over?

Ok good. Glad we've finally accepted this. Well done

So what your saying is Dodoro built a reasonable list but was unfortunately brought to it's knees by a systematic doping regime he had absolutely zero control over?

Ok good. Glad we've finally accepted this. Well done
Poor your comprehension skills are. Spell it out for you I will.

The only time in 2 decades he has built a competitive list potentially capable of winning finals was when the players were enhanced by peptides. That's a very small patch of straw to clutch onto in such a long period of time.

Poor your comprehension skills are. Spell it out for you I will.

The only time in 2 decades he has built a competitive list potentially capable of winning finals was when the players were enhanced by peptides. That's a very small patch of straw to clutch onto in such a long period of time.
as has been pointed out to you multiple times, Essendon has made the finals (circa) half the times he has been at Essendon.

As you eloquently put it time and time again, he doesn't coach so it seems leading a horse doesn't mean the horse will drink it..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's built pretty good sides.
His success rate of lower draft, psd and rookie picks is first rate.
Sure he's made a few blunders, but what list manager hasn't.
The sides he's built should have done better imo.

I would be one of the first to say move him on if I could see he was consistently building train wrecks. But he hasn't.
It has to be other factors. I've personally felt it's a losing mentality built over 20 years.

I'm all for being shown evidence to provehaes done a consistently bad job.

It seems to me most people are saying because we have been rubbish since he been the list manager, that means it must be his fault.
ill chuck a few examples up, as I don't think we've had a pretty good side since the start of the century. and most of that was Sheedy era hangover

Midfield has always been consistently off the mark of the rest of the comp. We had a bit of an outlier year last year with Stringer setting up Parish and Merrett. Stringer is injured and lo and behold those two aren't anywhere near the form from last year.
Current midfield mix is Shiel, Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, McGrath with Martin and Durham on the wing and some forwards playing cameo roles (Langford, Perkins, Stringer, Tippa, Snelling)
Our core midfield are all very samesy in height, style (front running/one way) and size.

Recruited Daniher in 2012 (father/son) who battled solo as 3 key defender rotated at CHF to support him.
Did not recruit another KPF until Daniher asked to leave. We now have Wright (traded in), Jones (2019 pick, year Daniher asks to leave) and Baldwin (2x ACL 19yo with a long road back)

Strategy is a big one for me.
1) What was the idea behind drafting Merrett, then Parish, then McGrath, then recruiting Smith, Shiel and Caldwell over successive years and added Hobbs last year. At some point you have to ask yourself if the teams winning all have taller/bigger inside mids running their engine room, perhaps a couple might not go astray. And good ones. Not speculative gambles (Hibberd, Clarke, Begley).
2) Where's the investment in the spine. Daniher gone - no replacements coming through. Hooker gone - no replacement (FF or FB) ready. Hurley finishes up this year, still no idea who steps into CHB long term. the two key posts in 2021 were ex-forwards (one shouldn't be best 22, the other is a HBF). Had Wright not found form, we'd be screwed (even more)
3) Too many speculative projects - Ham, Hams, Gown, Begley, Mutch, Mosquito, Cahill, Morgan, Eades, Nyuon, Houlahan, Zerk - seem addicted to taking players who need a lot of development when we don't have the culture to develop them.
4) Time to turnover the list - continually re-drafting Gleeson, Clarke, McKernan, Dea, Eades, etc. We've carried a number of players longer than we should rather than identify alternatives when what has gone before has failed.
5) Father son gambles - Darcy Daniher, both Longs, Wallis, 2x Hird's - a few were decent picks, the Hird boys just list spots. but the question is do you think the list is that good a shape that such projects can be afforded?
6) VFL side - it's winless and very few in that side are either ready to challenge, or have had years and have shown they aren't AFL standard. Depth is extremely poor.

Last one is gonna sound harsh, but;
We drafted Cox at 8. Kid has talent, but the coaches have shown in 18m they don't really know what to do with him.
We drafted Reid at 10. Knowing we had two KPD prospects as NGA options (and Francis, Ridley, Zerk, Stewart, Laverde...not to mention Hurley for 2 more years and Hooker for 1). We then took both NGA kids. 4 KPD picks out of 5 in the ND.
Commit to Reid and you can get Carroll later in the draft (should have been easy to not match the bid and take the slider kid)
or know you have points for Eyre and look at O'Driscoll over Reid/Cox

I think the identifying of talent is less an issue than development for us is
But a coherent list strategy over multiple years doesn't appear evident

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's built pretty good sides.
His success rate of lower draft, psd and rookie picks is first rate.
Sure he's made a few blunders, but what list manager hasn't.
The sides he's built should have done better imo.

I would be one of the first to say move him on if I could see he was consistently building train wrecks. But he hasn't.
It has to be other factors. I've personally felt it's a losing mentality built over 20 years.

I'm all for being shown evidence to prove he's done a consistently bad job.

It seems to me most people are saying because we have been rubbish since he been the list manager, that means it must be his fault.
You're wrong.

episode 5 tumbleweed GIF

Title of the thread is still relevant. The players you missed last night must be very overrated if the Bombers can play so much better without them.

But by all means celebrate the win. Nothing better in footy than beating a rebuilding, 12th placed side to climb from 16th to.... 16th!

We won't mention the Hawks missing their 2 first choice rucks (Lynch EMBARRASSED Draper last night), best tall forward and leading goalkicker, the Chad and CJ.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Title of the thread is still relevant. The players you missed last night must be very overrated if the Bombers can play so much better without them.

But by all means celebrate the win. Nothing better in footy than beating a rebuilding, 12th placed side to climb from 16th to.... 16th!

We won't mention the Hawks missing their 2 first choice rucks (Lynch EMBARRASSED Draper last night), best tall forward and leading goalkicker, the Chad and CJ.

It is amazing how McEvoy has gone from cooked to a key component for Hawthorn in his time on the sidelines.

Kudos to Dodo on Nick Martin..kid is actually elite..best on ground last night and had a fantastic season. Top 3 in their best and fairest awaits

West coast should be ashamed not giving him a chance..reports are they thought his tank wasn’t good enough..he’s literally Essendon’s best runner..doesn’t stop all game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list can't be too bad if we can beat a decent side like Hawthorn. Particularly with the outs we had.

I think Essendon were just less s**t than Hawthorn last night.. Was a very ordinary game for large parts. In the end, the class of Essendon's better players got us over the line (Martin 22 & 2, Wright 6 goals, Parish 30+).

All well and good to say Hawks had players missing, both sides had key players missing. Essendon as much, if not more than Hawthorn so unsure why you brought that up.

Lol in what way is Adrian Dodoro the mediocre list manager AFLs biggest fraud?

Has he been given too long in his role considering his results sure but the thread title is a joke.

Lol in what way is Adrian Dodoro the mediocre list manager AFLs biggest fraud?

Has he been given too long in his role considering his results sure but the thread title is a joke.
Sure, your claiming he's mediocre now but after trade periods/drafts 4-5 years ago you and many other Essendon posters were boldly claiming how amazing he was and fleecing the rest of the comp for bargains.

Probably still claiming that the pick for Saad was a bargain and you're spot on. For Carlton.

Sure, your claiming he's mediocre now but after trade periods/drafts 4-5 years ago you and many other Essendon posters were boldly claiming how amazing he was and fleecing the rest of the comp for bargains.

Probably still claiming that the pick for Saad was a bargain and you're spot on. For Carlton.

a top 10 pick for an out of contract, small defender was fleecing Carlton. Make no doubt about it

I think Essendon were just less s**t than Hawthorn last night.. Was a very ordinary game for large parts. In the end, the class of Essendon's better players got us over the line (Martin 22 & 2, Wright 6 goals, Parish 30+).

All well and good to say Hawks had players missing, both sides had key players missing. Essendon as much, if not more than Hawthorn so unsure why you brought that up.
Not discounting Essendon's outs as well. Important to them I'm sure. Hawks missing CJ was significant. After watching live what he did against us in round 3 it would have certainly been interesting what he could have done against the Bombers full ground defence but it's a mute point now.

On a side note the Bombers win was the first leg of my doomsday multi. Only the Crows to go.

a top 10 pick for an out of contract, small defender was fleecing Carlton. Make no doubt about it
Agree to disagree. Saads form this year has been electric. He's playing well above what he did at Essendon and that's saying something. Likely second in the BnF and that's no mean feat behind the best player in the AFL.

Not discounting Essendon's outs as well. Important to them I'm sure. Hawks missing CJ was significant. After watching live what he did against us in round 3 it would have certainly been interesting what he could have done against the Bombers full ground defence but it's a mute point now.

On a side note the Bombers win was the first leg of my doomsday multi. Only the Crows to go.

Im not buying the Hawks missing players, we had a chunk of our best 22 out (Ridley, Langford, Stringer, Jones, Walla, Durham).

Agree to disagree. Saads form this year has been electric. He's playing well above what he did at Essendon and that's saying something. Likely second in the BnF and that's no mean feat behind the best player in the AFL.

According to your Carlton Cohort in the Adam Saad thread during that trade period, we were next to no chance to get a top 10 pick for Adam.

He may be worth it, was out of contract and the history of similar players was that a pick inside 16 would be fleecing Carlton. A top 10 pick was a sensational result for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back