Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Unpopular opinion but upon reflection I think the media and footy world are being way too harsh on them.

They're rebuilding, slid into 8th last year which would have surprised them as much as anyone else. I would assume the club knew they slightly overachieved and would regress a bit in 2021.

IMO, they should pull the trigger on some senior players to gain draft picks to stockpile a lot more kids. And best to move on from Dodoro, regardless of the mental gymnastics it takes to convince one that he's done an ok job, a fresh set of eyes will be good for the list.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not a big fan of Aaron Francis as a footballer but is it just me that thinks he isn't a forward.

Surely you play him as a defender or not at all. Didn't even really engage an opponent and just allowed his opponent to roll off time after time.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not a big fan of Aaron Francis as a footballer but is it just me that thinks he isn't a forward.

Surely you play him as a defender or not at all. Didn't even really engage an opponent and just allowed his opponent to roll off time after time.

He is a 3rd, rather than playing as a Key post at either end

Personally, think he should play that Goddard role

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Unpopular opinion but upon reflection I think the media and footy world are being way too harsh on them.

They're rebuilding, slid into 8th last year which would have surprised them as much as anyone else. I would assume the club knew they slightly overachieved and would regress a bit in 2021.

IMO, they should pull the trigger on some senior players to gain draft picks to stockpile a lot more kids. And best to move on from Dodoro, regardless of the mental gymnastics it takes to convince one that he's done an ok job, a fresh set of eyes will be good for the list.
Especially since it was the media who pumped them up to ridiculous "Premiership smokey!" levels before the season began.

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills

Not too many players would have any decent draft capital.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
That last minute of game time tonight, the game was long gone but the swans played keepy off on their goal line for about 20 seconds and not 1 bomber even bothered to do anything at all

Means nothing really , it's 20 seconds with the game well and truly gone but it means everything I think

Plenty of talent on the list but their next draft should be 3-4 of the most aggressive young players available... Hobbs looks like a good start

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure the talent is all it’s cracked up to be.
Perkins and Cox have both stagnated this year. Ridley was a better player last year too. Reid is a slow burn.
Andy McGrath has been a disappointment for a pick 1, and yes Merrett and Parish are good players but they aren’t generational talents or anything like that.
It seems unfortunate that Daniher who was an example of good talent ID by the bombers is playing great footy for another club.
For all the great picks Dodoro had, it’s hard to look past Tippa as the best selection of all and he was a rookie pick.
I was staggered when I saw rumours of a $750k pitch to bring in Rowan Marshall. A bottom 3 team trading recklessly like that.
Will they ever learn?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Not sure the talent is all it’s cracked up to be.
Perkins and Cox have both stagnated this year. Ridley was a better player last year too. Reid is a slow burn.
Andy McGrath has been a disappointment for a pick 1, and yes Merrett and Parish are good players but they aren’t generational talents or anything like that.
It seems unfortunate that Daniher who was an example of good talent ID by the bombers is playing great footy for another club.
For all the great picks Dodoro had, it’s hard to look past Tippa as the best selection of all and he was a rookie pick.
I was staggered when I saw rumours of a $750k pitch to bring in Rowan Marshall. A bottom 3 team trading recklessly like that.
Will they ever learn?
Wouldn’t even call Daniher good talent ID.

He was an elite junior footballer, athletic, and had a shitload of perceived upside.

Was also taken under the old system which didn’t require points matching - just the next available pick which was 10. If Daniher was in the pool in this era a club would have placed a bid in the first few picks ala Sam Darcy last year.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

They have no leaders though. Would take some astute trading now to get one in. Essendon don’t stand for much unfortunately. I have close friends who are bombers fans, I tell them this, and they all agree. There is a void of leadership. I actually like their list. But they need leaders. Someone needs to set standards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back