Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the talent is all it’s cracked up to be.
Perkins and Cox have both stagnated this year. Ridley was a better player last year too. Reid is a slow burn.
Andy McGrath has been a disappointment for a pick 1, and yes Merrett and Parish are good players but they aren’t generational talents or anything like that.
It seems unfortunate that Daniher who was an example of good talent ID by the bombers is playing great footy for another club.
For all the great picks Dodoro had, it’s hard to look past Tippa as the best selection of all and he was a rookie pick.
I was staggered when I saw rumours of a $750k pitch to bring in Rowan Marshall. A bottom 3 team trading recklessly like that.
Will they ever learn?

Wouldn't see a problem with the Bombers bringing in a player like Marshall or Dunkley. Identifying an issue on their list and solving it with proven players who have plenty of football left isn't reckless imo.

Perkins and Cox have both stagnated this year. Ridley was a better player last year too. Reid is a slow burn.
Andy McGrath has been a disappointment for a pick 1, and yes Merrett and Parish are good players but they aren’t generational talents or anything like that.
It seems unfortunate that Daniher who was an example of good talent ID by the bombers is playing great footy for another club.
For all the great picks Dodoro had, it’s hard to look past Tippa as the best selection of all and he was a rookie pick.
I was staggered when I saw rumours of a $750k pitch to bring in Rowan Marshall. A bottom 3 team trading recklessly like that.
Will they ever learn?
Its funny how just about every credentialed expert says we have a pretty good list.

Will they ever learn?
The talent just isn't there. It's spouted in the media non stop but the Swans showed what young talent is last night. Give me Warner, McInerney and Wicks over Perkins, Reid and Cox (unicorns don't exist) any day of the week.

It's an ordinary football club full of soft, conditional footballers. As a Carlton supporter, they have absolutely nothing that I'm even slightly envious of. Well maybe those Herbatron videos, they're pretty cool.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have a few good youngsters but their senior players offer little hardness or leadership. Draper might develop it and his effort is admirable. Perkins, despite missing his mum, had a crack and I enjoyed watching Hobbs' effort.

Like the Bloods they are rebuilding. IMV, at least one of Parish, Merrett or McGrath should be moved on for picks/trades. They really need hard nosed players.

Midget midfield who can't kick (besides Merrett) and tackle.
Backline full of failed forwards.
A ruckman who can't mark or tackle.
Big money tied up in the wrong contracts.

Conning a whole supporter base into thinking they were any good is the saddest part.

Will they ever learn?
Marshall would be worth every cent. I think he's that good.

Conning a whole supporter base into thinking they were any good is the saddest part.

Conning a whole supporter base that they were any good and being shown that they are not is one of the highlights of this year so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North would have given the Dons a run for their money last night.. My Bloods are an average team, a couple of years away from being a serious contender.

The near absence of intent and aggression was painful to watch. Gulden and Warner are both little fellas but are fiery as hell. Shiel is the poster guy for not having a crack. Marrett and Parish are not far behind.

You can’t cheat the AFLs equalisation systems.
You get your chance to draft good talent when you are at a low ebb.
If you make the wrong decisions (dodoro) with those high end picks, you can’t trade your way or of trouble later.
Bombers should be asking themselves who signed off on trading in Shiel, stringer and smith in 2017/18. The club wasn’t ready to do that. They needed to keep drafting and they didn’t.
They are now paying dearly for those decisions.
I’m not saying don’t trade at all but it should be moneyball trades like Peter wright.
Not first round picks.
Fremantle were in a bad place in 2016. No youth at all.
They went back to the draft and picked up in 2016 and 17:

Logue
Darcy
Brennan Cox
Luke Ryan
Andy Brayshaw
Cerra
Switkowski
Lloyd meek

All via the draft.

In 2018 they were seduced by hogan and traded out pick 6 (Ben king) to get him. Nightmare stuff.
Luckily they grabbed Lachie Schultz with a late draft pick to save face in 2018.
By 2019 lessons were learned from the Hogan debacle and it was back to the draft to collect
Serong
Hayden young
Liam henry
Michael Frederick

In 2020 trade week was again a non event at freo thank god. In came via the draft:
Heath Chapman (absolute star!)
Nathan o driscoll
Brandon Walker
Josh Treacy

Enough drafting you might say? Time to “win” trade week?
Nope.
In 2021 Lachie Neale was dangled in front of us for multiple first rounders.
We resisted. The snake oil merchants of the trade period were not going to infiltrate our long term plans.
Welcome to freo via the draft -
Jye amiss
Neil Erasmus
Matthew Johnson.

Now it’s been painful. A long hard 6 years in the wilderness.
You can bring in some moneyball trades. Aish, acres, Jordan Clark etc.
But no first rounders.

If Essendon hand over pick 3 to bring in rowan Marshall the Club should be folded. You can’t help someone that won’t help themselves.

Great example here of why Damien Barrett knows fu** all about football and Matthew Lloyd was a champion

Barrett’s clueless but so is Lloyd. The only times he got physical was belting a kid with a arm brace and recklessly taking out Sewell. Both gutless acts. Essendon were rubbish then and rubbish now.

Essendon was good when Lloyd was the skilful hard leading full forward and his team mates were ruthless, and the rules allowed for it.

Sure, Essendon need to be more physical, but they need guys hard at the ball and to bust their backsides with selfless defensive efforts.

Lloyd’s opinions are stuck in the 90’s, like the rest of Essendon’s mindset.

It’s the draft capital they will have to pay that’s the issue.
Stuck in the bottom 3 and handing over your first round pick for a 27yo ruckman?
Nuts
Im surprised how many people have just gone with "Essendon chasing Rowan Marshal" when it's played by Marshall's management to a tee.

Bumping up his clients contract has been overlooked by so many simpletons in lieu of piling onto Essendon. Kinda like last year, delve inside Bobby Hill who phoned Essendon who didn't actively seek out Ian at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back