Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

🤣

Rendell says the selection of D’Ambrosio is just another feather in the cap of Adrian Dodoro.

“He’s much-maligned, Adrian Dodoro at Essendon, but God he’s picked some good players. I think you’ve just got to be a bit patient with them,” he added.

🤣

Rendell says the selection of D’Ambrosio is just another feather in the cap of Adrian Dodoro.

“He’s much-maligned, Adrian Dodoro at Essendon, but God he’s picked some good players. I think you’ve just got to be a bit patient with them,” he added.

The bolded is a fair call. 20 years in he's only getting warmed up! He'll come good in no time, just a bit more patience.

Opinions aside, he does have one of the best records of finding diamonds in the rough.
Has done it consistantly over his tenure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But is that really what the Dons needed?

Yes. We needed good ball users out of the back half.

We've found a kid who appears to have genuine AFL standard traits, as basically a free swing in the MSD. Any team who finds a best-22 player in the MSD is a winner.

Mass looks a solid player. But is that really what the Dons needed? Another small flanker. He's not gonna shift the dial.
Yes it is exactly what they needed.

They haven’t successfully replaced both McKenna and Saad with an attacking back flanker who can break the lines, use the ball effectively whilst not cause turnovers in creating the attacking rebounds.

If opposition teams close down Hind, Essendon have no movement off half bank and this has been one of the main reasons for Essendon’s ball movement failure in 2022. He’s likely to prove to be an invaluable addition for many years to come.

Dodoro does have a great eye for talent, better than most, but it's his inability to determine/address needs and or having a group coming through together age/maturity wise

Caldwell, Perkins, Hobbs, Reid, Martin, Cox, Massimo, Durham, Jones and pick 3(as of now) - I think this group will decide how good we can become.

Caldwell, Perkins, Hobbs, Reid, Martin, Cox, Massimo, Durham, Jones and pick 3(as of now) - I think this group will decide how good we can become.

Great talent, unfortunately it doesn't go far enough

You have great talent, in young spine players, but by the time they hit maturity, Shiel, Merrett, Stringer (stints in the middle), will be past their best

The good thing, you have a great number of talls on the list and it is easier to add mids, which I believe should be the focus/quantity over the next couple of years

Right now, I would only play one of Shiel or Merrett at centre bounces, along with Hobbs, Perkins, Caldwell playing the majority of time at these stoppages. Given his smarts, hands, agility/speed, I would also rotate Martin in this area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back