Bollox

Show Pony
Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
That obsession he has with the media often becomes a millstone.
It seems so important to have his own name and the club name being spoken that the Dons don't get the benefit of absolute silence at this time of year.

For list managers, being able to STFU is just as important as any other tool.

There is no need to project anything, no need to sell the members and fans a damn thing. No need to ring mates and get them to spruik your wants and desires...the entire market knows and understands the dumb dodo playbook anyway.

Dons i'm sure would much prefer a better result than incessantly trying to sell a weak transparent story through the media.

Blues90

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Why did Daniher want to leave originally a year ago? Why does Saad want to leave? Is it directly because of Dodoro, or a number of other factors?

Player retention and keeping them happy enough to stay isn't really the list manager's role, beyond the mechanics of contracts, trades, etc. That's on the player themselves, and their happiness with the city they're in, their personal life, their medical situation, their teammates, and coaches.
keeping someone in a sh*t place doesn't help lol

somo84

Debutant
Nov 9, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure the 'cult status' thing is true amongst Essendon fans. Opinion is pretty divided. Personally, I think he's alright but no rockstar.

Just on the Carlton player demands he made, was this actually a counter offer to the Blues after they were threatening to walk Saad to the PSD?

Gazza Greatness

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2008
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
My only comment in regards to Adrian Dodoro is that right from the get go when he first started you dreaded the thought of your club having to do negotiations with him/Essendon come draft time, even if deals were done they were drawn out, which is the exact opposite to Wells at Geelong who always tries to get deals done early in draft so he can look at further options that may come on the table whether it be players or exchange of picks which he has done successfully on many occasions, I'm surprised that Dodoro wasn't shown the door years ago.

branedotorg

Premium Platinum
Nov 9, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure the 'cult status' thing is true amongst Essendon fans. Opinion is pretty divided. Personally, I think he's alright but no rockstar.

Just on the Carlton player demands he made, was this actually a counter offer to the Blues after they were threatening to walk Saad to the PSD?
FWIW the PSD comments were attributed to Saad's management, not carlton

Laphroaig

I Hate You
Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
That's a very one way my Club's glass is always half full point of view.

Carlton didn't threaten anything. Adam Saad said that he would go to the draft before he'd stay at Essendon. The very reason the PSD exists at all. To permit uncontracted players to be selected by new clubs. The implied impression you seem to have that this only properly applies to players who are not offered a new contract is incorrect.

You may choose to take all this as Carlton perhaps inciting Saad to make that statement. You might even be correct, but if so it is a non-issue.

Might be more constructive, though, to look at Essendon. A club that is so despised by its players that a steadily growing number refuse to remain there.

somo84

Debutant
Nov 9, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's a very one way my Club's glass is always half full point of view.

Carlton didn't threaten anything. Adam Saad said that he would go to the draft before he'd stay at Essendon. The very reason the PSD exists at all. To permit uncontracted players to be selected by new clubs. The implied impression you seem to have that this only properly applies to players who are not offered a new contract is incorrect.

You may choose to take all this as Carlton perhaps inciting Saad to make that statement. You might even be correct, but if so it is a non-issue.

Might be more constructive, though, to look at Essendon. A club that is so despised by its players that a steadily growing number refuse to remain there.
Holy sh*t, triggered much?

I was asking a question in all honesty and you had a man-tanty. Chill, my man! Might be more constructive to look at the way @branedotorg responded.

If Saad warned Essendon he would get to Carlton via the PSD at behest of Carlton, that would be the equivalent of Carlton making that threat. But there's no proof of that so it's a moot point.

Laphroaig

I Hate You
Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I was asking a question in all honesty and you had a man-tanty. Chill, my man! Might be more constructive to look at the way @branedotorg responded.

If Saad warned Essendon he would get to Carlton via the PSD at behest of Carlton, that would be the equivalent of Carlton making that threat. But there's no proof of that so it's a moot point.
You haven't seen triggered son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brutalitops

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Saad wouldnt be doing anything without his managers input and approval.

Bollox

Show Pony
Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
He's at it again nice and early this year. Even when its best he just shuts up, he cannot help himself with the media.

Some media joker is now touting that Dodo is "demanding" a top 10 pick for Joe.

Gosh. He's so hardball isnt he...you'd swear he thinks noone can see that he isnt in a position to "demand" a bloody thing.

Thats the problem when they lose all credibility....everything they do becomes transparent to the point of ridicule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom