Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Nope, just stating the obvious. Why would we accept a poor deal next year, for a player that will still be under contract and then - you'd still have to trade for at the end of 2022 ??
It was actually approximately the same value as what Neale went for. If it was offered next year, they'd probably take it.

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
It was actually approximately the same value as what Neale went for. If it was offered next year, they'd probably take it.
Potentially yes, with one less year on the contract. But not if you keep reducing the offer each year, which is what I suspect will happen. Because you won't want to offer a 1st round 2021 pick in a supposed superdraft, so you'll be trying to keep that if you can.

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Potentially yes, with one less year on the contract. But not if you keep reducing the offer each year, which is what I suspect will happen. Because you won't want to offer a 1st round 2021 pick in a supposed superdraft, so you'll be trying to keep that if you can.
Who knows, but if Dunkley asks to be traded yet again, it puts the Bulldogs in a very awkward position. I can't recall a player asking to be traded twice not getting done. I'm sure the offer would be reasonable enough, people like to whinge about Dodoro but there's no particular deal where Essendon has totally underpaid for a player.

Stringer was the closest, and that was really a mess of McCartney's own doing.

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Who knows, but if Dunkley asks to be traded yet again, it puts the Bulldogs in a very awkward position. I can't recall a player asking to be traded twice not getting done. I'm sure the offer would be reasonable enough, people like to whinge about Dodoro but there's no particular deal where Essendon has totally underpaid for a player.

Stringer was the closest, and that was really a mess of McCartney's own doing.
Stringer deal was similar to Treloar - you publicly bag a player to the media, you reduce his value.

If Dodoro wants to get a deal done, he needs to listen to what the Dogs want - then put his best offer on the table ASAP. Otherwise Power will just walk away.

FWIW - I think Dunkley stays and signs a new deal with us....

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
Kyle Dunkley on the rookie list for 2 years, Josh Dunkley in 2021.

Solved.
time to move on. Doggies too hard to deal with.

Oliver & Cripps OOC next year.
Crack the war-chest :p

Laphroaig

I Hate You
Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
time to move on. Doggies too hard to deal with.

Oliver & Cripps OOC next year.
Crack the war-chest :p
Save it for Oliver, Cripps will not be available.

He's put up with half a career of bad times (which seem to be nearing an end) and is deeply committed to leading the Club into good times.

Like any club, we can't realistically assume that players won't jump, but Cripps will not be one of them.

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder if he wants to spend the next 5 years of his career wading around the bottom of the ladder ...
He could ask all-time most losing AFL games record holder Kade Simpson for career advice I guess?

Red Bull

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
He could ask all-time most losing AFL games record holder Kade Simpson for career advice I guess?
Better to look forward
9E58310E-3DB5-465F-B346-4E0B11239324.jpeg

Than backwards
C53602A1-8F80-4756-A7F5-545BA4F4DF66.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess Adam Saad can work with the second most-losing current player Marc Murphy on improving the Blues culture.

Tasmanian saint

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd think if Dunkley asks for a trade again it gets done, I can't recall anyone asking for a trade in two consecutive years not having it happen?
Dodoro wouldn’t pay the required two firsts this year what makes you think he would pay up what’s required next year I highly doubt Dunkley would even want to go to Essendon again anyway after leaving him hanging out to dry Daniher didn’t choose Sydney again!

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Dodoro wouldn’t pay the required two firsts this year what makes you think he would pay up what’s required next year I highly doubt Dunkley would even want to go to Essendon again anyway after leaving him hanging out to dry Daniher didn’t choose Sydney again!
Oh. You Again. How's your Dodoro obsession going?

Tasmanian saint

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh. You Again. How's your Dodoro obsession going?
Out of all the duds on Essendons list you went and delisted Townsend actually a half decent player it’s moves like this that show how out of his debt and incompetent dodoro is at his job this what happens when you employ a person with no elite football or sports experience

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
Out of all the duds on Essendons list you went and delisted Townsend actually a half decent player it’s moves like this that show how out of his debt and incompetent dodoro is at his job this what happens when you employ a person with no elite football or sports experience
wtf?

it's statements like this that show how out of depth posters are.
Townsend is an extremely limited player. Unquestionably tough, but slow, barely impacts games & was as rarely spotted as Dodoro's winged namesake.

please.

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Any chance of enrolling into a grammar class?

Tasmanian saint

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
wtf?

it's statements like this that show how out of depth posters are.
Townsend is an extremely limited player. Unquestionably tough, but slow, barely impacts games & was as rarely spotted as Dodoro's winged namesake.

please.
Everyone’s entitled to a opinion I just believe there are far worse players still on your list then Townsend. It’s like dodoro just has hatred for any player that has some toughness does the 1% type things honestly you’re midfield is one of the softest I have seen in quite a while.

Jobe Watson

Brownlow Medalist
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
We already knew you had no idea about Essendon's list management but thank you for confirming it beyond all doubt.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad