Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me a premiership team or top 4 team over the last decade that hasn’t had at least 1 elite inside midfielder you can change your game plan as much as you want the fact is if you don’t have one against the Richmond’s and Geelongs you will continue to get smashed you can’t blame this on coaching or development they can only work with the players that are given to them not having any inside players on the list is down to poor list management !

Im not denying we need one, doubt many Essendon supporters would argue against this. Im trinng to follow what your on about. We do need one, however selling the farm for one not considered good enough to be a starting mid in 2020 was the rgight call.

Never, in the history of footy, has one man been gifted so many feeble excuses, by so many.

When you are a long term abysmal failure and haven't looked like winning a final for 6000+(??) days, only the minimum level of diligence and simple logic would dictate a hunt for any consistencies within and throughout that failure. You then remove those consistencies so that true progress may finally be made.
You weed the garden so to speak.
Unless you are clearly moronic on an individual level, you would never deliberately fertilise those weeds by creating excuses for consistent failure. At least not if you ever hoped to improve.

We all so dearly love the Dons hierarchy and their penchant for nepotism. The way they protect their failed mates is legendary, as is the way they spinout new hopes and dreams by re-birthing old faces. Worthless imagery from Daddy and Grand Daddy's era, with absolutely no application to the current or next generation.

They have become addicted to failure and indeed now actively seek it out as a type of preferred norm. You'd swear some in here even enjoy running a screen for their icons of consistent failure.

What Daddy and Dear Old Grand Daddy may have once achieved is just not a shield they can use to cower behind any longer. Both the players and members now see they have become a laughing stock.

Never ever look too long or deeply into that mirror or you may discover accountability.
More please.
Long may the good ole boyz reign :thumbsu:
what a crap post

Inner you "how can Essendon accept this mediocrity"

Outside you "suffer in your jokes, let it continue forever"

which one is it?

don't these two go hand in hand?

Not necessarily. Take the Saad trade. From our end we paid overs but we got the deal done as Saad improves our list immediately moreso than whoever we would have drafted at pick 8. He was a need, the right age profile to the rest of the list and will hopefully help us challenge in the near future.

If Austin wanted to "win" that trade he would have said "pick 27 and a fringe player for an OoC HBFer or we walk away".

But thats only looking at it from a trade perspective. Its a win for us from a list perspective which i think is lost on Dodoro. He struggles to see beyond whats on the table which is his failing.

Had he stumped up the asking price for Dunkley youd have turned around your fortunes much faster. Now you're still lacking a big bodied midfielder and looking at a bottom 4 finish in 2021.

Not necessarily. Take the Saad trade. From our end we paid overs but we got the deal done as Saad improves our list immediately moreso than whoever we would have drafted at pick 8. He was a need, the right age profile to the rest of the list and will hopefully help us challenge in the near future.

If Austin wanted to "win" that trade he would have said "pick 27 and a fringe player for an OoC HBFer or we walk away".

But thats only looking at it from a trade perspective. Its a win for us from a list perspective which i think is lost on Dodoro. He struggles to see beyond whats on the table which is his failing.

Had he stumped up the asking price for Dunkley youd have turned around your fortunes much faster. Now you're still lacking a big bodied midfielder and looking at a bottom 4 finish in 2021.
Cost benefit analysis suggests the worth is in the eyes of the buyer hence Carlton had to stump up what Dodoro was asking, exactly the same as Dunkley. The cost benefit of the Dunkley deal would have ended being the biggest draft index points deal in recent memory. Dunkley is nice and all but let's not get carried away.

For the record, most of you lot were adament pick 8 was never on the table and look where we are at.

Cost benefit analysis suggests the worth is in the eyes of the buyer hence Carlton had to stump up what Dodoro was asking, exactly the same as Dunkley. The cost benefit of the Dunkley deal would have ended being the biggest draft index points deal in recent memory. Dunkley is nice and all but let's not get carried away.

For the record, most of you lot were adament pick 8 was never on the table and look where we are at.

This is the point, youre looking at it from the wrong angle with draft index points. Dunkley is 23, AA(?), premiership player, and reportedly sets a high standard on professionalism. He would have started contributing immediately and that would have translated to a higher than bottom 4 finish and have still been starting 18 for your next finals berth.

He fits a need for your list and has all the qualities you should be targeting in a player.

But Dodoro couldnt wrap his head around why pick 6/7/8 wasnt of value to the Bulldogs and didnt explore other pathways. Too busy focusing on what was on the table rather than whats best for the list.

Not always. Dodoro's obsession with winning means he a) spends too much time on deals when he could be moving onto other players and b) isn't willing to give up what he needs to. I believe one of the reasons why Essendon recruited the likes of Stringer, Saad, Smith and Shiel is because they weren't willing to cough up the currency to get the true gun midfielder they need. So they settle for players which don't address fundamental needs. Either that or Dodoro genuinely believes that three flankers and one midfielder will solve the club's woes, which is worse. Either way, you've got to be a bit flexible in order to gain something.

Im not denying we need one, doubt many Essendon supporters would argue against this. Im trinng to follow what your on about. We do need one, however selling the farm for one not considered good enough to be a starting mid in 2020 was the rgight call.
My point was you can change your game plan as you said you’re coaches should change things to suit the players they have that’s fine but against the good sides that won’t be enough that’s not your coaches fault list management should have brought in or drafted players for this. Dunkley was exactly the type of player you needed your other midfielders would have thrived with him around it’s all well and good to say the price was to high but until you bring someone in like him you will continue to go backwards

Based on?

History suggests more like 4.

Ok so it's closer to 2 based on last years figures. You know you can't rely on a winning score with those 3. Who pulled that list together?

And you had a chance to pick up a very good inside mid. One who would immediately have improved your team and those around him. And yet your list manager couldn't see beyond his feet. Your list is a shambles and there's one bloke who has been a constant right throughout.

No.

Teams have needs, and sometimes you overpay to fill them. You 'lose' the individual deal in isolation, but in the larger scheme of things you improve as a list and as a team.

I sold a property once at reasonably significant unders, because I wanted the cash for other purposes. I 'lost' the deal in the sense that I could have got much more if I waited.

However in the bigger scheme of things, I won out as the cash allowed me to pursue another interest.

My point was you can change your game plan as you said you’re coaches should change things to suit the players they have that’s fine but against the good sides that won’t be enough that’s not your coaches fault list management should have brought in or drafted players for this. Dunkley was exactly the type of player you needed your other midfielders would have thrived with him around it’s all well and good to say the price was to high but until you bring someone in like him you will continue to go backwards
Oh yay, the hindsight police have appeared.. Maybe the Dogs should have said 3 firsts and a future second, you know, cause Essendon is hard to deal with.

There is a point that you go thanks but no thanks and Dodoro has done that with the Dunkley deal.

I'd hazard a guess and you have a personal affinity with Essendon & Dodoro because if this is all you are hanging your hat on then perhaps it's time you take a break from all things Essendon for a while. Failures or not, our club aims for the ultimate success yours has not achieved in half a century. Now move on and let the adults talk please

Ok so it's closer to 2 based on last years figures. You know you can't rely on a winning score with those 3.
I agree.

That's why giving up pick 6 and a likely top 3 pick for a midfielder not in the current top 25 in the game would've been silly.

No.

Teams have needs, and sometimes you overpay to fill them. You 'lose' the individual deal in isolation, but in the larger scheme of things you improve as a list and as a team.

I sold a property once at reasonably significant unders, because I wanted the cash for other purposes. I 'lost' the deal in the sense that I could have got much more if I waited.

However in the bigger scheme of things, I won out as the cash allowed me to pursue another interest.

And like anything, something will have a price limit to which Dodoro has obviously said thanks but no thanks in this respect which if you were in my place would agree was the right thing to do.

Getting Dunkley may be good in hindsight but what if we pick a 200 game superstar with 6 / 7 / 8? Does Dodoro still get hung out to dry for missing Dunks? Of course not, I'm happy we didn't bow to the Dogs irresponsible offer, it was almost like they never had any reasonable doubt they were going to lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so it's closer to 2 based on last years figures. You know you can't rely on a winning score with those 3. Who pulled that list together?

And you had a chance to pick up a very good inside mid. One who would immediately have improved your team and those around him. And yet your list manager couldn't see beyond his feet. Your list is a shambles and there's one bloke who has been a constant right throughout.

Curious how our list is a shambles. I tend to agree the Essendon list is mismanaged but I seriously doubt you and I have anything we agree on this point.

And like anything, something will have a price limit to which Dodoro has obviously said thanks but no thanks in this respect which if you were in my place would agree was the right thing to do.

Getting Dunkley may be good in hindsight but what if we pick a 200 game superstar with 6 / 7 / 8? Does Dodoro still get hung out to dry for missing Dunks? Of course not, I'm happy we didn't bow to the Dogs irresponsible offer, it was almost like they never had any reasonable doubt they were going to lose him.
It's just Dunkley. He seems to do this stuff every trade period.

"Most" is slapping on a bit too much secret sauce, dontcha think?

Nonetheless.

Coming off a 2020 that showed a bit of leg but ultimately delivered less than it promised, Carlton will be taking a clearly improved and more rounded list into 2021 having added two genuinely elite players who address specific needs, and an opportunity starved young possible.

Coming off a 2020 that began as adequate and lurched its way to dismal, Essendon will be taking a very much weaker list into 2021, having addressed none of the list of specific needs.

I know which grandstand I'd prefer to be sitting in.

Coming off a 2020 that began as adequate and lurched its way to dismal, Essendon will be taking a very much weaker list into 2021, having addressed none of the list of specific needs.

(since none of your other meaninngful sentances had much to do with Dodoro, I'll address this one)

Pretty daft comment when only 1/3 of the off season player movement periods have come and gone. With the draft and free agency (2) still to go, Dodoro could quite easily address the needs of our list.

It's not just Dunkley, that should have read.

He may think he's doing what's best. But he's clearly not. He's misguided in what's right for the club.
I don't dispute that he is misguided in his list management strategy. The lack of post planning for life after Joe, for post planning after Fantasia, the lack of that big bodied midfielder (draft or traded addition), the contract's handed out to poor or lower level players on our list (see Gleeson & Dylan Clarke who we are recommitting to rookie listing, why??!?!!!).

The drugs saga played a meaingful contribution to some aspects of his list build but that excuse has come and gone.

Oh yay, the hindsight police have appeared.. Maybe the Dogs should have said 3 firsts and a future second, you know, cause Essendon is hard to deal with.

There is a point that you go thanks but no thanks and Dodoro has done that with the Dunkley deal.

I'd hazard a guess and you have a personal affinity with Essendon & Dodoro because if this is all you are hanging your hat on then perhaps it's time you take a break from all things Essendon for a while. Failures or not, our club aims for the ultimate success yours has not achieved in half a century. Now move on and let the adults talk please
It’s not hindsight mate you’re list manager had 1 clear objective this trade period to bring in a quality inside midfielder anything else he got would have been a bonus if he achieved this then it would have been a big tick. I mean any half decent inside player would have been helpful to you st kilda brought in brad crouch what was stopping Essendon going after him I mean even Luke dunstan would have been helpful instead you got nick hind someone you didn’t need hopefully there is a good 1 available in the draft otherwise dodoro list management continues to make no sense

It’s not hindsight mate you’re list manager had 1 clear objective this trade period to bring in a quality inside midfielder anything else he got would have been a bonus if he achieved this then it would have been a big tick. I mean any half decent inside player would have been helpful to you st kilda brought in brad crouch what was stopping Essendon going after him I mean even Luke dunstan would have been helpful instead you got nick hind someone you didn’t need hopefully there is a good 1 available in the draft otherwise dodoro list management continues to make no sense

More evidence of how little you understand the Essendon list.

The glaring obvious inside midfielder is obvious but again failing to recognise the need for speed from the back half (Hind has been offered that role apparently) and many wanted a KPF to which we addressed through the acquisition of Peter Wright for a token future fourth round selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back