Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's more to do with how we play rather than talent im hoping Rutten has us playing a more contested/fwd half brand of footy. Our run and gun style we play won't win finals
A forward half brand of footy would be good. That's where you generally score goals.

You're a Bulldogs supporter aren't you?

I am, good observation.

Just not sure of the relevance of the Dogs recruiters not being rocket scientists? It's not about the Dogs, it's about Adrian Dodoro as a list manager. If you want to compare how the clubs have recruited since Dodoro became in charge of list management and recruitment though feel free, though it would be hard to argue that Dodoro has done a better job then the dogs non "Rocket Scientists".

I am, good observation.

Just not sure of the relevance of the Dogs recruiters not being rocket scientists? It's not about the Dogs, it's about Adrian Dodoro as a list manager. If you want to compare how the clubs have recruited since Dodoro became in charge of list management and recruitment though feel free, though it would be hard to argue that Dodoro has done a better job then the dogs non "Rocket Scientists".
I think he probably has done a better job. You managed to draft some good players because your side were cellar dwellars but name me some decent free agents that have signed in recent years.

I think he probably has done a better job. You managed to draft some good players because your side were cellar dwellars but name me some decent free agents that have signed in recent years.

Hahaha, not sure if you're taking the piss? But again, being a list manager is not just about trading and bringing in players from other clubs. It's about building a list that's capable of contending. The Dogs built a list that has won a flag in Dodoro's time, Dodoro has built lists that are fundamentally flawed and cap out at losing in the first week of the finals.

The cellar dweller stuff is funny to, we don't have any number one picks in the team like Essendon do with McGrath. Essendon have also been bottom 4 twice since the Dogs have, it's just that we have drafted significantly better and traded away less first round picks on guys that can't kick then Essendon.

The Dogs have also beaten Essendon consistently for the last few years largely because Dodoro has proven incapable of getting decent inside midfielders and we smash you in the contest.

Hahaha, not sure if you're taking the piss? But again, being a list manager is not just about trading and bringing in players from other clubs. It's about building a list that's capable of contending. The Dogs built a list that has won a flag in Dodoro's time, Dodoro has built lists that are fundamentally flawed and cap out at losing in the first week of the finals.

The cellar dweller stuff is funny to, we don't have any number one picks in the team like Essendon do with McGrath. Essendon have also been bottom 4 twice since the Dogs have, it's just that we have drafted significantly better and traded away less first round picks on guys that can't kick then Essendon.

The Dogs have also beaten Essendon consistently for the last few years largely because Dodoro has proven incapable of getting decent inside midfielders and we smash you in the contest.
I like to think of football as being not as scientific as you seem to think it is. It's not a matter of plugging players into positions and then watching them win a premiership, plenty more goes into it. But as far as recruiting goes, I think I've proven that Dodoro has done a better job than the gurus at your club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think of football as being not as scientific as you seem to think it is. It's not a matter of plugging players into positions and then watching them win a premiership, plenty more goes into it. But as far as recruiting goes, I think I've proven that Dodoro has done a better job than the gurus at your club.

:think::think::think:

I'll leave this argument be, you can be happy that Dodoro brings in bigger name players that lead the side to losses in the first week of finals.

I'll be happy that the Dogs recruiters draft well, bring in players on the cheap to fill in positions of need, won a flag, were the youngest side in the 8 in 2019 and have beaten Essendon by an average margin of 56 over the last 5 head to head matches largely because your midfield is lightweight and borderline soft in comparison.

:think::think::think:

I'll leave this argument be, you can be happy that Dodoro brings in bigger name players that lead the side to losses in the first week of finals.

I'll be happy that the Dogs recruiters draft well, bring in players on the cheap to fill in positions of need, won a flag, were the youngest side in the 8 in 2019 and have beaten Essendon by an average margin of 56 over the last 5 head to head matches largely because your midfield is lightweight and borderline soft in comparison.
I'm not gonna argue with you that a lot of them are soft but you're misplacing the blame. That's the coach's fault not the recruiter's. I just hope you're not disappointed when you realise Josh Bruce isn't the Bulldogs' answer to Tom Lynch at Richmond.

I don't understand the fascination with this guy. Most of the hoopla about him comes from external sources and a facetious deifying of his character. Just seems like a friendly and happy wog uncle.

The obsession with all things Essendon from other clubs “fans” is astounding

Might i suggest you just bite the bullet

I think it's more to do with how we play rather than talent im hoping Rutten has us playing a more contested/fwd half brand of footy. Our run and gun style we play won't win finals

I would think the recruiting managers job is to bring in players that would suit the coaches game style.

Well Rutten will get his chance in 2021 albeit without Daniher.
Will be a good chance to test your theory, though with Worsfold still coach next season, by your reckoning, it will be yet another wasted year without a finals win on adrian’s record ...

All for moving Dodoro on and bringing in fresh ideas at the club but if you look objectively at how he’s managed the list since moving from drafting to full time list management around 2010 it’s hard to say he’s done too bad of a job.

I mean the list was sort of set up to peak around when the ASADA investigation hit and then when that happened we lost 2 years worth of first round picks plus Hibberd (AA), Ryder, (AA), Melksham and Carlisle. All those players would have been peaking around 2016.

Now the current list clearly has holes but we do have time to patch them given Hurley, Hooker and Bellchambers are the only significant players nearing retirement.

The problem with Saad and Stringer is that they don't, at all address any of the bombers' key weaknesses in ruck and inside midfield.

Shiel was a good get but it cost them picks 9 and 12 which is fairly high. He also plays outside a fair bit and isn't that dominant inside presence they need. Smith was a bargain but also plays outside. Towards the end of last year the bombers shifted Smith to the guts then shifted him outside again, which is strange. To me these two need to become more involved in winning contested ball for the bombers to improve.

Problem with Essendon is that their drafting for midfielders hasn't been great. Dodoro seemed to focus on KPPs when he was the drafting recruiter with guys like Hurley and Ryder being picked early.

Since 2010, they've picked up Kavanagh, Heppell, Merrett, Laverde, Langford, Parish, Francis and McGrath as their midfield. None of these guys are elite and I don't rate any of their chances to become elite in the future. It's the two former giants boys who hold the key to the bombers' futures.

Since 2010, they've picked up Kavanagh, Heppell, Merrett, Laverde, Langford, Parish, Francis and McGrath as their midfield. None of these guys are elite and I don't rate any of their chances to become elite in the future. It's the two former giants boys who hold the key to the bombers' futures.

Elite is a pretty general term. I’d say Merrett and Shiel are capable of giving elite midfield production especially if we get the right inside midfielder to pair with them. The problem being that player doesn’t look to be on our list.

I don’t really see ruck as a huge issue. Look at the grand finalist ruckman.

Without being on the inside of the organisation it’s hard to know what’s the biggest issue plaguing a club. I’m no football knowledge wiz but it’s clear we don’t set up behind the ball as well as Richmond, Hawthorn and WCE but is that because our coaching staff isn’t good enough or because we’ve drafted players incapable of learning the high level nuances of the game? And that’s just one aspect of a complex game.

The bombers won their last flag with a very pedestrian midfield of Jason Johnson, Blumfield, Heffernen, Misiti, Carracella.... Misiti in his peak, would be the only one of those close to elite so perhaps it is ingrained in Dodoro that midfield is not that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back