Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Essendon supporter . The most violent , aggressive and delusional supporter base of all . It’s quite simple .
If you give it , you’re eventually going to get it back . Years of your torment , you and that traitor Sheedy can suck it up . You’ve got at least another 5 years in the wilderness. Even then that’s being optimistic.
Karma bit you cheating , Herald Sun reading tossers in the backside .

And Dodoro , FFS keep him in the job .

Loving your salt .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His a weagles supporter you ******* dick

The ‘inside mid’ gap is definitely the key gaping hole in the list build.

However, I think Dodoro gets a bad wrap overall. The suppliments scandal and the subsequent loss of 4 X earlyish picks really destroyed what I believe was a very decent listbuild corresponding with the 2013-6 period.

The side that was a kick away from a Semi Final in 2013 then lost Hibbard and Ryder whilst the saga probably ruined a very promising career for Carslile and Crameri. In addition bad luck (chronic back injury) ruined the highly talented Gumbleton and Knights saw Houli walk out the door. I believe I’m correct in saying this period resulted in 9 X players achieving All Australian honours at Essendon or the other clubs they played at. That’s a good list build... Purely from a list management perspective, he built a strong list for that era. You need a bit of luck to win a premiership. Dodoro’s efforts in pulling a strong list together delivered basically nothing with the combination of scandals, chronic injury and lost draft picks (and resultant loss of ability to trade) destroying any chance of a potential premiership tilt.

Was that Dodoro’s Fault? He’s not perfect but i think he’s done a better job than most give him credit for..

And I think he’s done a pretty good job building the next era. Yes a few holes to address, but again you need some luck (Eg: Daniher injury) to win the thing and I believe it’s less about list quality and more about culture, professionalism and game style that will mark the success of the forthcoming Essendon era.
I love how you said “a kick away from a semi final” like that’s some sort of success story

I love how you said “a kick away from a semi final” like that’s some sort of success story
It’s not a success story. I’m simply making a point that they were a side that was close to the top 4 in that particular year. A list that was starting to deliver results on field as the crisis was evolving around them. And explaining the challenges he faced that ultimately Determined his success in terms of results. However, context is important.

To be fair they’ve not won a final since 2004, even with the guru Dodo steering the ship.

The side that was a kick away from a Semi Final in 2013 then lost Hibbard and Ryder whilst the saga probably ruined a very promising career for Carslile and Crameri. In addition bad luck (chronic back injury) ruined the highly talented Gumbleton and Knights saw Houli walk out the door. I believe I’m correct in saying this period resulted in 9 X players achieving All Australian honours at Essendon or the other clubs they played at. That’s a good list build... Purely from a list management perspective, he built a strong list for that era. You need a bit of luck to win a premiership. Dodoro’s efforts in pulling a strong list together delivered basically nothing with the combination of scandals, chronic injury and lost draft picks (and resultant loss of ability to trade) destroying any chance of a potential premiership tilt.
Is the list managers job not to retain key players... and build a list capable of challenging for a flag.. Overseeing the recruiting is only a small part of his job.. and even that has big question marks.. Dodoro has been at EFC since 2000, these are all the first round picks he has been responsible for selecting since then..

2000 - James Davies
01 - Shane Harvey
02 - Jayson Laycock & Jason Winderlich
03 - Kepler Bradley & Brent Stanton
04 - Angus Monfries
05 - Patrick Ryder & Courtney Dempsey
06 - Scott Gumbleton & Leroy Jetta
07 - David Myers
08 - Michael Hurley
09 - Jake Melksham
10 - Dyson Heppell
11- Elliott Kavanagh
12 - Joe Daniher
13 - None
14 - Kyle Langford & Jayden Leverde
15 - Darcy Parish & Aaron Francis
16 - Andrew McGrath
17 - None
18 - None
19 - None

You can have all the excuses you want, but this level of sustained failure could not be clearer and how it is just accepted by your board is hard to fathom.. My club Carlton are a long way from perfect with recruitment and arguably worse... However we have not kept the same under performing list manager for 20 years.

The 2014 North v Essendon Elim Final is peak Dodoro for me.

They lead by five goals at half time.

North comeback supercharged by Ben Brown playing on Ariel Steinberg.

Dodo drafted Steinberg at pick 31. A classic tweener type player taken in the second round. Luke Parker goes at 40.

Ben Brown has been missed multiple drafts, North pick him up at 47 in the 2013 draft.

Brown guts Steinberg, kicks four, North win.

Steinberg is delisted soon after, Brown goes on to be the most reliable key forward in the comp now.

At a time when Essendon are crying out for a high quality key forward and gutsy contested ball winner (Parker).

Last edited:
I am just glad that Dodoro is incompetent. If he wasn't then the Swans would have Danniher right now, having given 2 top 10 draft picks for him, him taking up a large portion of our salary cap and likely not going to play in 2020, possibly never playing again.

The Swans recruiting team were incompetent even offering such a deal, we are just lucky that Dodoro is even worse.

The other issue is that it has gone on for so long unchecked .
Suits me but for a club that has just bounced back financially from the biggest , most despicable scandal that sport in Australia has seen you’d say you’d want your key department operating at an optimal level .
Right now they’re like Richmond in mid 80s , think their size and supporter base will see them through all troubled times .

A lot of pain ahead for the fellas from South Sunbury , oops I mean Windy Hill , ooops Tullamarine West .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
'07 '09 '11 should be a bigger scandal

What's this story?

Assume you mean Houli rather than Rioli?

"What happened with Cyril was in his top-age year he was injured and he played one very good game at Victoria Park – I think he kicked seven or eight goals for NT when he was playing on one leg when he was isolated. Other than that, a fairly quiet year due to injury," he said.

"He actually did his AIS training with us. 'Hirdy' ran through him, broke his collarbone, he was obviously living with Dean Rioli at the time, so we certainly knew him.

"We actually thought he was going to get through to our second pick, if truth be known – and congratulations to Hawthorn, they picked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the list managers job not to retain key players... and build a list capable of challenging for a flag.. Overseeing the recruiting is only a small part of his job.. and even that has big question marks.. Dodoro has been at EFC since 2000, these are all the first round picks he has been responsible for selecting since then..

2000 - James Davies
01 - Shane Harvey
02 - Jayson Laycock & Jason Winderlich
03 - Kepler Bradley & Brent Stanton
04 - Angus Monfries
05 - Patrick Ryder & Courtney Dempsey
06 - Scott Gumbleton & Leroy Jetta
07 - David Myers
08 - Michael Hurley
09 - Jake Melksham
10 - Dyson Heppell
11- Elliott Kavanagh
12 - Joe Daniher
13 - None
14 - Kyle Langford & Jayden Leverde
15 - Darcy Parish & Aaron Francis
16 - Andrew McGrath
17 - None
18 - None
19 - None

You can have all the excuses you want, but this level of sustained failure could not be clearer and how it is just accepted by your board is hard to fathom.. My club Carlton are a long way from perfect with recruitment and arguably worse... However we have not kept the same under performing list manager for 20 years.

Wow , just wow. Its what I was saying earlier , its gone on so long unchecked. The standard you walk past is the one you're prepared to accept. That's why they'll remain substandard . The new Richmond. Its a long long long road back.

Hirdy so obsessed with Hawthorn that he tried to ruin Cyril's career with us before it happened. :mad::mad::mad:

A pissweak act. Kid not even on their list, 17, lightly built, and big bad Hirdy bashes him.

Some VERY impressive hindsight recruiting in that article by Adrian. Selwood and Cyril, he was ALL OVER them both, he just knows how to spot them doesn't he.

We took Lachie Hansen above Joel Selwood because we had doubts about his knees. Everyone knew Selwood's talent. Dodo sooking about not getting a priority pick lol.

We would have taken Cyril had we not beaten Hawthorn in the 2007 semi, got Robbie Tarrant instead. We swapped draft positions due to that game.

No way Cyril was going to the second round. No chance.

Given some of the other underhanded actions that hird had been up to is it possible that he was in fact trying to hurt Rioli in order to lower his draft value

Very possible imo.

Some VERY impressive hindsight recruiting in that article by Adrian. Selwood and Cyril, he was ALL OVER them both, he just knows how to spot them doesn't he.
Yeah.

I would win tattslotto every week if not for a little bit of hindsight.

#dodorologic

Yeah.

I would win tattslotto every week if not for a little bit of hindsight.

#dodorologic

If only I'd been given a priority pick to go with pick 2 I definitely would have picked another gun, despite the dude I actually picked not being a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back