Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Dodoro made headlines for his ambitious list of trade targets at Carlton in exchange for Adam Saad, sources said a similar collection of bold targets were put across the Lions’ desk despite Daniher’s restricted free agency status.

Ahhhh, now thats the Jackets we all know and love. :hearts:

He's up "n" about early the Great Man..

I knew his body clock couldn't wait til November.

None of us know anything about any clubs cap. We are privy to about less than 5% of info of total player contracts. An average bigfooty poster, regular fan for that matter prancing around telling other clubs what they should and shouldn't do with their cap is ******* stupid. You wouldn't have the slightest clue on each players incentives, match payments and the million other factors in player contracts, yet you want to give advice?

Richmond won the flag and got Tom Lynch for $1m, all we heard was it would squeeze out all their mid-tier players, has it happened? Did Buddy squeeze out the whole Sydney side like we were told? Is Essendons cap bursting after signing Saad, Smith, Stringer and Shiel? It's all rubbish.

List Managers are clued in to this sh*t, they budget accordingly and plan for the future. You reckon when Charlie Curnow comes out of contract in 2 years Austin would be like "oh sh*t we have no money, I spent it on Saad and Williams, tbh i didn't know charlie was coming out of contract, sorry bruz".

Who said they will take us to the promised land? We are building a list, and have added 2 quality players. Saad isn't even big money, and Williams is what, $700k? Please.
It seems I got what I wanted out of you. A solid reaction!
Enjoy all your back flanks next year.

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Standard issue from the master.
Its how he has brought so much success to the bombers, so why change it.

its complicated and radical negotiation theory....you say your 25yo mitsubishi magna is worth $100,000. Take it or leave it.
Anyone who wants it will end up paying regular price....but gosh darn it, dont those Dons members and fans suck it up. Dodo works so hard for the club.
" I make no apology for trying my best for the club "

Those laughing at the names dropped on Carlton or Brissy need only refer to last yrs effort by him....Luke Parker or Isaac Heeney were the first names that should have been on the table. Alternatively it would be only fair that Sydney send Florent PLUS McCartin along with a top 10 pick.

Obviously no club cares what he says, but its funny to watch.
He must live in his own playstation dreamworld where he mixes it with bigtime wheeler dealers and world leaders with his iconic and masterful negotiation skills.

Poor bummers fans have been sucked into it for near two decades, due to having no choice. Some still try to let him slip away from being held responsible for any list decisions. Joe just another. Its always someone else's fault.

Reality is that Brisbane dont need to do much, if anything. They will likely be trading for Joe coz its better that way, and will send them pick 18ish at best. Dons will accept that of course coz its better than the compo will be....but there's a certain dodo protocol that needs to be out there in medialand first.
Dons MUST now get Daniher off their list so its easy enough to ignore the fool. Carlton can just offer a fair price for Saad and it will also end up being accepted....or Dons fans WILL mutiny this time.

Last edited:
Standard issue from the master.
Its how he has brought so much success to the bombers, so why change it.

its complicated and radical negotiation theory....you say your 25yo mitsubishi magna is worth $100,000. Take it or leave it.
Anyone who wants it will end up paying regular price....but gosh darn it, dont those Dons members and fans suck it up. Dodo works so hard for the club.
" I make no apology for trying my best for the club "

Those laughing at the names dropped on Carlton or Brissy need only refer to last yrs effort by him....Luke Parker or Isaac Heeney were the first names that should have been on the table. Alternatively it would be only fair that Sydney send Florent PLUS McCartin along with a top 10 pick.

Obviously no club cares what he says, but its funny to watch.
He must live in his own playstation dreamworld where he mixes it with bigtime wheeler dealers and world leaders with his iconic and masterful negotiation skills.

Poor bummers fans have been sucked into it for near two decades, due to having no choice. Some still try to let him slip away from being held responsible for any list decisions. Joe just another. Its always someone else's fault.

Reality is that Brisbane dont need to do much, if anything. They will likely be trading for Joe coz its better that way, and will send them pick 18ish at best. Dons will accept that of course coz its better than the compo will be....but there's a certain dodo protocol that needs to be out there in medialand first.
Dons MUST now get Daniher off their list so its easy enough to ignore the fool. Carlton can just offer a fair price for Saad and it will also end up being accepted....or Dons fans WILL mutiny this time.
Seems like Brisbane will get a bargain really

He's up "n" about early the Great Man..

I knew his body clock couldn't wait til November.
I imagine he was a little peeved that pundits were talking about trivial stuff, like who's going to win the the Preliminary finals, when they should be talking about import stuff: him.

What I'm saying is, Saad or Daniher wanting to leave isn't Dodoro's fault, or caused by his direct action. He's there to facilitate their exit once their intentions are known, but it's not necessarily a direct failing of his that they want to leave.
Isn't it? You don't think him making players stay that wanted out a year ago hasn't affected the culture? Lol cos it does. People get bitter and causes disruption amongst the players...

My issue with Dodoro is ... you can't expect to get such a ridiculous trade for someone they paid a future second round for on the same money and 3 years younger when they got him. He's that hard to deal with that it turns his own players bitter against the club.

Essendon need to do a full rebuild and not just of players. The club is ****ed. Forward line is going to be terrible after trade period. Backing with mckenna and saad gone takes a huge hit Hurley and hooked are nearly taped together zaharakis plays 3 good games a year parish is turning into a c grade bryce gibbs . Wolla played 4 good games this year. Sheil is great but he's not a momentum shifter he's reliable but not fyfe danger pendles boak or dusty he is the kind of player that stands out when the club is playing well but merret and and McGrath are jets.
The bombers got an A for their 2018 trade period i think its a big fat F. They would be a better side next year with the 2 first round picks and second round picks they gave away.

Isn't it? You don't think him making players stay that wanted out a year ago hasn't affected the culture? Lol cos it does. People get bitter and causes disruption amongst the players...

Yes, Adrian Dodoro definitely made the decision to hold Daniher to his contract in total isolation from anyone else at the club.

With such insight, we should definitely listen to everything you had to say.

Yes, Adrian Dodoro definitely made the decision to hold Daniher to his contract in total isolation from anyone else at the club.

You're only hurt because it's true the difference between us doing it to gibbs and you doing it to daniher is Gibbs actually liked where he was playing still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're only hurt because it's true the difference between us doing it to gibbs and you doing it to daniher is Gibbs actually liked where he was playing still.

On the money again, I go to sleep every night thinking about Bryce Gibbs.

Remember when we offered up casboult for a 4th round pick? Lol he'd be your best ruckman fwd and second best key defender now 🤣

He's a superstar, no doubt.

It's like all the most special Carlton supporters have come crawling out of the woodwork all of a sudden.

So are you saying the Daniher trade was a scam, they just f&*^%d the other clubs around?

I think given the list management decisions made at the end of 2017 (Saad, Smith & Stringer) and 2018 (Shiel) were based upon Daniher's (and to a lesser extent, Fantasia and the general forward-line's) 2017 form and trajectory that Daniher notifying the club 5 days prior to trade period beginning, was never really going to result in a trade that worked against a multi-year trade and draft strategy unless it's was an absolutely obscene offer.

It's easy to say in hindsight what should have been done, as we know what 2020 brought, but my best guess is the club saw the 2017 form of Daniher, and recruited mature players ready to come in and impact immediately, then after an injury impacted 2018, doubled down with Shiel. Same again in 2019, then with no real notice or time to plan for 2020 with such a late request from Daniher, what were they meant to do?

Not necessarily ******* the other clubs around, but I'd say that unless Sydney had put a ridiculous, never seen before, offer on the table, it wasn't going to happen.

There's not really a recent situation analogous to this one that springs to mind; Hawthorn if Franklin had wanted a trade in 2011 might be a similar position, where they were pretty reliant on Franklin for success, whereas by 2013 they'd done well to move away from being so reliant on him to kick a score.

Certainly they could have planned better after 2018 when both Daniher & Stewart were struggling under long-term injuries, and Fantasia had started to break down. The Shiel trade was doubling down on the Daniher strategy, where in hindsight they'd likely have been better off going to the draft. Amusingly the player GWS selected with the 2018 selection was Jye Caldwell, who EFC are rumoured to be pursuing. The 2019 draft following the Daniher trade request showed a clear pursuit of talls though; Harrison Jones, Nick Bryan, Cian McBride & Henry Crauford were all brought in and are all 194cm or above. Our 2019 first that was traded for Shiel would have given us access to Deven Robertson or Mitch Georgiades as well.

Owen6000

I get you want all us to show Dodo some luvz ? ( or at least go a bit easy on the poor fella)
But all you are telling us is : That there are many other d'heads at EFC and some of those are even in more powerful positions.
We all KNOW that!
But you are also advising that he does not control the job he is employed to do, and/or, that he is in agreement with the other said d'heads.

but....Some Luvz for Mr Dodo:

Post Sheedy era had to work through the M Knights mess (knives in the back)
Then the drug saga
Fancy having to try and convince ambitious young players or targets to join that rabble?
AND stop players from wanting out quick TOO!
Then have to work with a fill in mercenary coach who is just trying to train up whatever sh Truck was game enough to put his hand up to coach, given all the powerful d'heads in charge. Woosha made that clear in his closing shot!

They have to win something. Dodo always "wins"(in his mind) the mini battles BUT loses the war.
He is brave or stupid (definitely narcissistic) to be still there (according to you taking directions or collaborating with d'heads)
Will be in the AFL hall of sh/fame one day! :thumbsu:

I think given the list management decisions made at the end of 2017 (Saad, Smith & Stringer) and 2018 (Shiel) were based upon Daniher's (and to a lesser extent, Fantasia and the general forward-line's) 2017 form and trajectory that Daniher notifying the club 5 days prior to trade period beginning, was never really going to result in a trade that worked against a multi-year trade and draft strategy unless it's was an absolutely obscene offer.

It's easy to say in hindsight what should have been done, as we know what 2020 brought, but my best guess is the club saw the 2017 form of Daniher, and recruited mature players ready to come in and impact immediately, then after an injury impacted 2018, doubled down with Shiel. Same again in 2019, then with no real notice or time to plan for 2020 with such a late request from Daniher, what were they meant to do?

Not necessarily ******* the other clubs around, but I'd say that unless Sydney had put a ridiculous, never seen before, offer on the table, it wasn't going to happen.

There's not really a recent situation analogous to this one that springs to mind; Hawthorn if Franklin had wanted a trade in 2011 might be a similar position, where they were pretty reliant on Franklin for success, whereas by 2013 they'd done well to move away from being so reliant on him to kick a score.

Certainly they could have planned better after 2018 when both Daniher & Stewart were struggling under long-term injuries, and Fantasia had started to break down. The Shiel trade was doubling down on the Daniher strategy, where in hindsight they'd likely have been better off going to the draft. Amusingly the player GWS selected with the 2018 selection was Jye Caldwell, who EFC are rumoured to be pursuing. The 2019 draft following the Daniher trade request showed a clear pursuit of talls though; Harrison Jones, Nick Bryan, Cian McBride & Henry Crauford were all brought in and are all 194cm or above. Our 2019 first that was traded for Shiel would have given us access to Deven Robertson or Mitch Georgiades as well.
So, in short you are saying yes, they never intended to trade him, so they f*&^%D him around and Sydney also.

So, in short you are saying yes, they never intended to trade him, so they f*&^%D him around and Sydney also.

Not that it really worries you but Sydney knew very early on the trade was not going to happen.
What they did was the opposite of Dodo. Trying to accommodate Papley's request to trade to Carlton.
They still managed to please Zac Jones request.

Daniher did himself no favours, by being late and overseas when making the decision.
But I reckon all he wanted was a acceptable contract from Dons and some clear future - DENIED and now definitely GONE!

It all worked out Papley is still a long contracted Swan. :thumbsu:
Swans (list team) later helped Brisvegas (to their detriment they now owe Swans a favour) when Dodo wanted to raid their academy and made him more of a laughing stock!

Why did Daniher want to leave originally a year ago? Why does Saad want to leave? Is it directly because of Dodoro, or a number of other factors?

Player retention and keeping them happy enough to stay isn't really the list manager's role, beyond the mechanics of contracts, trades, etc. That's on the player themselves, and their happiness with the city they're in, their personal life, their medical situation, their teammates, and coaches.

Not that it really worries you but Sydney knew very early on the trade was not going to happen.
What they did was the opposite of Dodo. Trying to accommodate Papley's request to trade to Carlton.
They still managed to please Zac Jones request.

Daniher did himself no favours, by being late and overseas when making the decision.
But I reckon all he wanted was a acceptable contract from Dons and some clear future - DENIED and now definitely GONE!

It all worked out Papley is still a long contracted Swan. :thumbsu:
Swans (list team) later helped Brisvegas (to their detriment they now owe Swans a favour) when Dodo wanted to raid their academy and made him more of a laughing stock!
Wasn't Papleys trade reliant on the Daniher trade?

But you are also advising that he does not control the job he is employed to do, and/or, that he is in agreement with the other said d'heads.

No list manager in the league operates in isolation from the rest of the organisation.

As I said, unless Sydney offered an over the top trade, it wasn't realistic. I'd say Sydney themselves knew that as it seems they didn't try all that hard to make it happen, nor did they try particularly hard to make the Papley trade happen.

EFC offered him a reported 4 year contract in late September this year. This isn't Ben Brown where North withdrew the contract offer.

Dodo wanted to raid their academy and made him more of a laughing stock!

You mean the Keidean Coleman bid? For a player who's looked pretty good at AFL level so far? Sounds less like 'raiding their academy' and more like bidding on a player who's been pretty good, which is as it should be.

While Dodoro made headlines for his ambitious list of trade targets at Carlton in exchange for Adam Saad, sources said a similar collection of bold targets were put across the Lions’ desk despite Daniher’s restricted free agency status.

Ahhhh, now thats the Jackets we all know and love. :hearts:
Why are Brisbane even talking to them about trades I would be making them go through the process of matching the Daniher bid first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back