Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton actually have a ruckman key defenders that aren't 70 young good key forwars miles ahead will see the difference next year if you honestly think you're getting anywhere near it for the next 5 years your kidding yourself

miles ahead....LOL

you literally finished 2 points above us in 2020 and that was because you got a fluke kick after the siren against Fremantle that you should never have gotten in the first place.

I'm not kidding myself at all. like I said we are both s**t. Seems I can admit it but you cant.

but please keep telling us how good you are, we all need a laugh in these troubling times.

Last edited:
ppl have different opinions.
if they didn't, this place wouldn't exist.

I get why people don't think he's entirely to blame
We've had a board with its head in the sand. We're on coach #8 i think in 13 years.
Drugs saga blew a whole in any plans we had laid.
coaching handover plan was always going to cause issues
Injuries to key areas - fwd line and key backs seem to have copped it the most.
etc etc etc

personally find this entire thread a bit of a troll.
168 pages devoted to a list manager we can do nothing about.
And if we could and did sack him tomorrow, just papers over the cracks.
You make a number of valid points. In Melbourne the larger clubs get most of the focus, including analysing list decisions within an inch.

In my view, when a club tries to balance supporter expectation with list management they get into strife real quick. When Dan Richardson was at the tigers, I remember hearing him justify topping up an ordinary list just to remain competitive due to supporter backlash because he felt supporters would not support a rebuild, which was a load of crap.

I hope for the bombers as I did with the tigers that the strategy is to build a team capable of pushing for success and if the bombers do get there Dodoro will be hailed a genius.

As an example, it’s only in recent times Francis Jackson has been applauded at the tigers, in years past with a dry cupboard he was on the nose everywhere.

Rubbish.

The buck stops with the Chairman and ultimately the CEO. The Chairman’s gone. The CEO is responsible for a dysfunctional football department as a whole. The Football Manager has now gone and we await Brashers review results and what this finds, and what additional actions are being taken to fix the football department.

If Dodoro isn't in charge of building the list, then this club has some serious issues.

You make a number of valid points. In Melbourne the larger clubs get most of the focus, including analysing list decisions within an inch.

In my view, when a club tries to balance supporter expectation with list management they get into strife real quick. When Dan Richardson was at the tigers, I remember hearing him justify topping up an ordinary list just to remain competitive due to supporter backlash because he felt supporters would not support a rebuild, which was a load of crap.

I hope for the bombers as I did with the tigers that the strategy is to build a team capable of pushing for success and if the bombers do get there Dodoro will be hailed a genius.

As an example, it’s only in recent times Francis Jackson has been applauded at the tigers, in years past with a dry cupboard he was on the nose everywhere.
from the sounds of it, Dan was too close to Rutten & pushed too much of a "be like Richmond" agenda (going off what Brasher has said)

Feels like the club is saying the right things (albeit rather publicly) atm. Let's see what the follow through looks like.

With all due respect to the boys, Hooker and Hurley are well and truly finished as top liners.
Young Ridley looks a nice type of intercept flanker, can’t remember him standing the likes of Lynch Hawkins Dixon etc.

12 months ago, the club knew Daniher wanted out.
They knew they had no quality KPD.
They knew they had no quality BBM.

They failed to address the KPF issue.
They failed to address the KPD issue.
They failed to address the BBM issue.

This is a list management issue.
Who is responsible ?

Matthew Knights surely !!!??

Seems to be a disciple of the Trump mantra in the art of the deal, has to be a winner and a loser in every trade. I don't doubt it has cost Essendon through the years, the only way they would be a destination club is by writing big cheques and screwing other clubs. Much as I love Kevin Sheedy this is an ongoing legacy of his years in the drivers seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess its small steps
2021-22 - make finals and win a final
2022-23 - top 4
2023-27 - flag
Top4 2022-23 wtf ?? 100-1 on them making the finals in 2021 or 22 there list is absolutely cooked Hurley and Hooker almost finished no key position depth whatsoever even remotely ready to step up no ruck depth no inside mids will have to absolutely nail every draft pick for the next 3-4 years this is a full on rebuild from the bottom up there a long way away from contending again!

How far away are Essendon from being a challenger for the flag?

5 years plus....

Because they have insisted on "Winning the Trade Week" each year, rather than recruiting and developing - they have a really lopsided list profile.

Lets say - they nail every early pick for this year - one mid, one KPF, one KPD.

If it takes two to three years for these three to reach peak performance - who out of Shiel, Stringer, Heppell, Merrett, Hurley, Hooker etc is still around and at their peak to support ??

Ridley, Draper, McGrath etc look to have capability - and will be young enough then - but it's not enough (numbers wise) to be a serious challenger. Which means you need to wait for the recruits in 2 - 3 years time, to have 2 - 3 years development in them - before they are a chance.

And that's assuming they nail every pick and don't just repeat what they have done.....

5 years plus....

Because they have insisted on "Winning the Trade Week" each year, rather than recruiting and developing - they have a really lopsided list profile.

Lets say - they nail every early pick for this year - one mid, one KPF, one KPD.

If it takes two to three years for these three to reach peak performance - who out of Shiel, Stringer, Heppell, Merrett, Hurley, Hooker etc is still around and at their peak to support ??

Ridley, Draper, McGrath etc look to have capability - and will be young enough then - but it's not enough (numbers wise) to be a serious challenger. Which means you need to wait for the recruits in 2 - 3 years time, to have 2 - 3 years development in them - before they are a chance.

And that's assuming they nail every pick and don't just repeat what they have done.....
Fair points but on flip side I think any team in the comp is (theoretically) capable of winning a flag within 5 years and should be planning towards that

Fair points but on flip side I think any team in the comp is (theoretically) capable of winning a flag within 5 years and should be planning towards that

I think any team is - provided they are realistic and aligned towards that goal.

You have to accept, that it will take 5 years to be contending and make decisions on that basis. that means targetted drafting and recruiting, not just selecting lightly built HFF's and winning trade week. You have to have the development program in place, so that players come into the side knowing their role. You need actual leadership to do this.

from the sounds of it, Dan was too close to Rutten & pushed too much of a "be like Richmond" agenda (going off what Brasher has said)
I find this interesting. Who at Essendon was resistant to becoming 'like Richmond'? Will Rutten try to make them too much like Richmond, too? Will Caracella?

I find this interesting. Who at Essendon was resistant to becoming 'like Richmond'? Will Rutten try to make them too much like Richmond, too? Will Caracella?

I'm happy for Essendon to "be like Essendon", it's working well for them....

at some point, you need to stop copying and try build your own model.
Nothing wrong with taking parts that work. But we don't have a Dusty to break games apart...so we're limited in how we can copy.
And they don't just grow on trees.

Brasher seems to be all about defining ourselves. Will see how that pans out.
Rutten is being strongly backed though....maybe too strongly backed, i don't know. But for now his vision is the vision for the club.
Woosha & Richardson era is over.

Townsend delisted today. Another "be like Richmond" element removed.
Also a limited player and one we are stacked with (mid-sized forwards)

Our next 2 years will be interesting
Strong draft hand this year.
$$$ to burn and the right targets for once (it's a shame Dunkley didn't come off this year).
Hurley, Hooker, Zaka will retire. Hepp will be close.
An overall changing of the guard from what was the post-Sheeds Knights/Hird era.

How far away are Essendon from being a challenger for the flag?
those predictions are impossible for any side.
The last club to have a finals drought like ours, make some finals but keep losing them then bottoming out was Richmond.
They kicked off a dynasty right after it.
How do you predict that?

We need a bit to go right to get back to finals
1-Spine needs to develop (team sheet & mentality i'd add).
2-Midfield depth. Dunkley & Caldwell plus an additional couple of top recruits on top of keeping Merrett would have set us up nicely. Need another dip at Dunkley next season. Or Oliver failing that.
3-Draper needs to be a gun. Our ruck stocks have been poorly invested in since Ryder/TBC days. Draper has a lot of eggs in his basket when it comes to our overall direction.

2023 is the earliest i'd expect us to get back into the 8
Flags are an entirely different picture.

at some point, you need to stop copying and try build your own model.
Nothing wrong with taking parts that work. But we don't have a Dusty to break games apart...so we're limited in how we can copy.
And they don't just grow on trees.

Brasher seems to be all about defining ourselves. Will see how that pans out.
Rutten is being strongly backed though....maybe too strongly backed, i don't know. But for now his vision is the vision for the club.
Woosha & Richardson era is over.

Townsend delisted today. Another "be like Richmond" element removed.
Also a limited player and one we are stacked with (mid-sized forwards)

Our next 2 years will be interesting
Strong draft hand this year.
$$$ to burn and the right targets for once (it's a shame Dunkley didn't come off this year).
Hurley, Hooker, Zaka will retire. Hepp will be close.
An overall changing of the guard from what was the post-Sheeds Knights/Hird era.

When was it a Richardson / Woosher era? Richardson had been there for 5 minutes. Was it under him that Ratten and Caracella were poached? Or was Ratten already there?

Not sure what other changes he made? I'm sure he shook the place up (from public perception, absolutely required).

When was it a Richardson / Woosher era? Richardson had been there for 5 minutes. Was it under him that Ratten and Caracella were poached? Or was Ratten already there?

Not sure what other changes he made? I'm sure he shook the place up (from public perception, absolutely required).
Woosha Late 2015-2020 (5 years)
Richardson - 2018-2020 (3 years)

GM of football & our football went to shite in 2019 and 2020.
Clipping Saad publicly wasn't ideal either. President had to come out and delicately walk those comments back.

Woosha Late 2015-2020 (5 years)
Richardson - 2018-2020 (3 years)

GM of football & our football went to sh*te in 2019 and 2020.
Clipping Saad publicly wasn't ideal either. President had to come out and delicately walk those comments back.
Can’t see to much changing at Essendon anytime soon the fact that the best they can do after a review is come out and blame it on the former coach who is not around to defend himself is laughable also to see the powerbrokers come out and passionately defend dodoro who has left the list in terrible shape shows just how deep the denial goes!

Can’t see to much changing at Essendon anytime soon the fact that the best they can do after a review is come out and blame it on the former coach who is not around to defend himself is laughable also to see the powerbrokers come out and passionately defend dodoro who has left the list in terrible shape shows just how deep the denial goes!
we were never going to sack Dodoro this close to a trade & draft period.
especially with the likes of Saad looking to move.

Any move there will happen in the new year i imagine
Same for Xav. Wouldn't surprise me to see him take up an AFL gig for 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back