Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Kyle Dunkley on the rookie list for 2 years, Josh Dunkley in 2021.

Solved.
time to move on. Doggies too hard to deal with.

Oliver & Cripps OOC next year.
Crack the war-chest :p

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
time to move on. Doggies too hard to deal with.

Oliver & Cripps OOC next year.
Crack the war-chest :p

Save it for Oliver, Cripps will not be available.

He's put up with half a career of bad times (which seem to be nearing an end) and is deeply committed to leading the Club into good times.

Like any club, we can't realistically assume that players won't jump, but Cripps will not be one of them.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder if he wants to spend the next 5 years of his career wading around the bottom of the ladder ...

He could ask all-time most losing AFL games record holder Kade Simpson for career advice I guess?

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
He could ask all-time most losing AFL games record holder Kade Simpson for career advice I guess?

Better to look forward
9E58310E-3DB5-465F-B346-4E0B11239324.jpeg

Than backwards
C53602A1-8F80-4756-A7F5-545BA4F4DF66.jpeg

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

I guess Adam Saad can work with the second most-losing current player Marc Murphy on improving the Blues culture.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd think if Dunkley asks for a trade again it gets done, I can't recall anyone asking for a trade in two consecutive years not having it happen?
Dodoro wouldn’t pay the required two firsts this year what makes you think he would pay up what’s required next year I highly doubt Dunkley would even want to go to Essendon again anyway after leaving him hanging out to dry Daniher didn’t choose Sydney again!

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh. You Again. How's your Dodoro obsession going?
Out of all the duds on Essendons list you went and delisted Townsend actually a half decent player it’s moves like this that show how out of his debt and incompetent dodoro is at his job this what happens when you employ a person with no elite football or sports experience

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Out of all the duds on Essendons list you went and delisted Townsend actually a half decent player it’s moves like this that show how out of his debt and incompetent dodoro is at his job this what happens when you employ a person with no elite football or sports experience
wtf?

it's statements like this that show how out of depth posters are.
Townsend is an extremely limited player. Unquestionably tough, but slow, barely impacts games & was as rarely spotted as Dodoro's winged namesake.

please.

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Any chance of enrolling into a grammar class?

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
wtf?

it's statements like this that show how out of depth posters are.
Townsend is an extremely limited player. Unquestionably tough, but slow, barely impacts games & was as rarely spotted as Dodoro's winged namesake.

please.
Everyone’s entitled to a opinion I just believe there are far worse players still on your list then Townsend. It’s like dodoro just has hatred for any player that has some toughness does the 1% type things honestly you’re midfield is one of the softest I have seen in quite a while.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
We already knew you had no idea about Essendon's list management but thank you for confirming it beyond all doubt.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We already knew you had no idea about Essendon's list management but thank you for confirming it beyond all doubt.
Know enough to know your list is completely cooked and the worst is yet to come. But please go along believing your list manager can do no wrong when history shows otherwise if I was you I would be getting prepared for an extended stay in the bottom 4 !

😂😂😂

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He lost the will to play after he got beaten by Liam Jone's head.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t see to much changing at Essendon anytime soon the fact that the best they can do after a review is come out and blame it on the former coach who is not around to defend himself is laughable also to see the powerbrokers come out and passionately defend dodoro who has left the list in terrible shape shows just how deep the denial goes!
Really? Did you read the review? Actually read it. Sounds like you didn’t.

They have found the culture and the whole method was broken. The only person lucky to be there is the CEO, and he’s had role with respect

Just because Dodoro wasn’t sacked doesn’t mean the review was flawed. That’s where those without the depth of understanding of what’s gone on at Essendon in recent years get this completely wrong.
The challenge is, turning those high end picks into elite (or close to) players in areas of need. Recent success rate is not great with picks like Francis, Parish - who aren't true elite players you can build a side around. The beauty of the Dunkley trade was that despite his weaknesses (which he has) is that he is close to elite as a big bodied ball winning mid - which you need.

You now need to find one in the draft and quickly...
Yes that’s true... Unless they get Dunkley next year of course. We won’t know that for a while yet. With three top 10 picks they’ve got a great opportunity. Like any club, they need to make them count.

I don’t think the picks of Parish and Francis were / are poor picks. I believe these players are impacted by a club in disarray where they’re being played out of position and caught up in a side without chemistry, purpose and system. If you watch Francis in his draft year / early VFL form, he was a monster with huge unique talent. He’s had personal issues, clearly lacks self belief and probably hasn’t had a dynamic coaching group to push him along. Both he and Parish being poorly developed. I can’t help but think how these guys in particular would thrive in the Geelong system for example. Again, I don’t believe these were the wrong picks. I believe the club has not served them well in providing them the environment to get the best out of themselves.
Know enough to know your list is completely cooked and the worst is yet to come. But please go along believing your list manager can do no wrong when history shows otherwise if I was you I would be getting prepared for an extended stay in the bottom 4 !
Now you’re letting your emotions effect your argument.
BTW, the bloke helping Dodoro built your list I believe (Elshaugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back