Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The DodCast" - very unimaginative title.

"Chronicles of Mediocrity" -

"Septemberitis - Tales of a survivalist" -

"Adrian - To network is more important than to succeed" -
Hopefully he can get SOS to put in some kind words as his good mate and confidant.

Adrian possibly feeling a little off colour today after hearing coach Worsfold’s update on Daniher.
2 x 1st rounders was an offer that should have been taken and there were many who would have ...
Yeah not looking ideal. I would've done the deal if I was Essendon. Essendon could have Fischer McAsey, Dylan Stephens or Hayden Young running around. Instead they will likely get an end of first rounder compo.

Yeah not looking ideal. I would've done the deal if I was Essendon. Essendon could have Fischer McAsey, Dylan Stephens or Hayden Young running around. Instead they will likely get an end of first rounder compo.

There are many ways efc could have used those draft picks.
They could have traded Carlton’s pick 9 for a high future 1st rounder to add to Sydney’s offered future 1st rounder which will also possibly be high.
There’s 2 x top 5 picks at their disposal for a crack at a Jeremy Cameron or someone similar this year.
Adrian didn’t read this one very well ...

There are many ways efc could have used those draft picks.
They could have traded Carlton’s pick 9 for a high future 1st rounder to add to Sydney’s offered future 1st rounder which will also possibly be high.
There’s 2 x top 5 picks at their disposal for a crack at a Jeremy Cameron or someone similar this year.
Adrian didn’t read this one very well ...

Explain the process to two top 5 draft picks haha

Explain the process to two top 5 draft picks haha

As above,
Sydney offered their future 1st rounder and Carlton’s pick 9.
Sydney could quite possibly finish bottom 5 this year.
Efc could have traded Carlton’s pick 9 that Sydney offered for a future high 1st rounder this year as current picks generally hold more currency than future picks.
That’s roughly 2 x top 5 draft picks efc could have this year as well as their own natural 1st rounder this year.
I’m sure something could have been shaken from a tree with that kind of ammunition ...

As above,
Sydney offered their future 1st rounder and Carlton’s pick 9.
Sydney could quite possibly finish bottom 5 this year.
Efc could have traded Carlton’s pick 9 that Sydney offered for a future high 1st rounder this year as current picks generally hold more currency than future picks.
That’s roughly 2 x top 5 draft picks efc could have this year as well as their own natural 1st rounder this year.
I’m sure something could have been shaken from a tree with that kind of ammunition ...

Cmon man this is hilarious.

Dodo would have just drafted Half back flankers anyway.
one of them will turn into the midfielder we sorely need to compete......

quite happy with his trading
Saad, Shiel, Smith, Stringer have all structured us up nicely.
Keeping Daniher remains to be seen if that was good or bad business.

And generally keeps the list together. Short of losing Ryder during the drugs scandal, we haven't done too badly in terms of keeping a team together or losing key players

Drafting;
Finds good defenders.
Has had a couple of family names drop into his lap (Watson, Merrett, Daniher)
Wouldn't say Essendon has drafted a top 6 midfield in his time at the helm though. Thats quite the indictment.

Nearly as hilarious as getting a 2nd rounder as compo for Joe this year ...
You're crazy if you think Daniher isn't getting Essendon Band 1 compo this year. They'll probably finish middle of the pack somewhere, so it will end up being something like Pick 7 - 13. A 2nd rounder would be Band 3 compo for the guy who is arguably one of the best Key Forwards in the AFL if fit. He kicked 65 in his last full season. Cameron won the Coleman in 2019 with 67.

Even if Daniher's OP is still a concern, there will be multiple clubs willing to risk big money if there's a chance of getting him up and running. The worst case will be end of first round, and even then I doubt it's that low

You're crazy if you think Daniher isn't getting Essendon Band 1 compo this year. They'll probably finish middle of the pack somewhere, so it will end up being something like Pick 7 - 13. A 2nd rounder would be Band 3 compo for the guy who is arguably one of the best Key Forwards in the AFL if fit. He kicked 65 in his last full season. Cameron won the Coleman in 2019 with 67.

Even if Daniher's OP is still a concern, there will be multiple clubs willing to risk big money if there's a chance of getting him up and running. The worst case will be end of first round, and even then I doubt it's that low

If Daniher doesn’t play this season I seriously doubt any club will be offering him big money and Essendon’s compo will be fairly minimal. It’s why we have so many clowns flooding this thread to point it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last full season is coming up on three years ago. He's closer to retirement than the All Australian forward he was at this stage.

If Daniher doesn’t play this season I seriously doubt any club will be offering him big money and Essendon’s compo will be fairly minimal. It’s why we have so many clowns flooding this thread to point it out.
His last full season is coming up on three years ago. He's closer to retirement than the All Australian forward he was at this stage.
This isn't a Jack Watts or Jon Patton we're talking about though. Daniher was legitimately a generational key forward who has proven himself at the top level in the past (unlike the others). I highly doubt the compensation is worse than Band 2. If he's really that bad that no one wants to pay the price, then he'd probably be retiring, not looking around for a new contract. Also if the offers are that bad, Essendon matches and he doesn't leave..

This isn't a Jack Watts or Jon Patton we're talking about though. Daniher was legitimately a generational key forward who has proven himself at the top level in the past (unlike the others). I highly doubt the compensation is worse than Band 2. If he's really that bad that no one wants to pay the price, then he'd probably be retiring, not looking around for a new contract. Also if the offers are that bad, Essendon matches and he doesn't leave..

Yes I think it’s a very likely situation that Essendon ends up offering him the most money.

Yes I think it’s a very likely situation that Essendon ends up offering him the most money.
Unless his body is beyond cooked (like his groin is as bad as Bennell's calves) then I think Essendon will be keeping him regardless, unless Sydney finds a way to get rid of Buddy

If he doesn't play a good season this year it'd be very risky for a new club to sign him on big dollars. Doesn't matter how good you are fit if you're never fit.

Joe seems to get better the less he plays.
This is his eighth year at Essendon, he's had one outstanding year, one good year, that's it.
Yes he looked like he could have been a champion, but so did Jake Stringer.

Said in latest 'Dodcast' that if he'd gotten pick 9 in a Daniher trade, he probably would've used it on Harrison Jones anyway.

Curious if I can find a single person who believes that, bonus points if not an Essendon fan.

Was Harrison Jones even rated in the top 30? we will continue to go no where with him in charge of list management.

Said in latest 'Dodcast' that if he'd gotten pick 9 in a Daniher trade, he probably would've used it on Harrison Jones anyway.

Curious if I can find a single person who believes that, bonus points if not an Essendon fan.

I believe it. It's ******* stupid but that's Dodoros M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back