Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in latest 'Dodcast' that if he'd gotten pick 9 in a Daniher trade, he probably would've used it on Harrison Jones anyway.

Curious if I can find a single person who believes that, bonus points if not an Essendon fan.

I didn’t listen to it but I’d hazard a guess that it’s Dodoro way of saying they had Jones as the best KPF available at pick 9.

I actually prefer the bloke North picked up don’t see Jones becoming a number 1 KPF even if everything goes right for him.

He’s also on the executive and very tight with the coteries.
Doubt Adrian is going anywhere anytime soon ...

Still puzzles me that he got promoted based on nothing probably would have been sacked years ago if he was at another club.

The bloke priorities talls/half back flankers over mids having a good midfield with depth is what wins flags. Dodoro is pretty good at finding talls with later picks so i don't understand why he wants to use top 20 picks on a tall.

Last edited:
Still puzzles me that he got promoted based on nothing probably would have been sacked years ago if he was at another club.

The bloke priorities talls/half back flankers over mids having a good midfield with depth is what wins flags. Dodoro is pretty good at finding talls with later picks so i don't understand why he wants to use top 20 picks on a tall.

Promotion may not have had much to do with his list management prowess ...

Nah. Dodo is hilarious. Rated Harrison Jones at pick 9, but gets him at 30?!!

Hope he stays in the role another 20 years.

Lol why are you quoting me?

The amount of Blues supporters in the Essendon drafting threads trying to distract themselves from the fact outside of a consensus number 1 pick they haven’t drafted a competent AFL midfielder since Patrick Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. In answer to your question, Dodo ‘the elf promoter’ rolls the “we had him rated much higher” line out after almost every draft.

Carlton and other clubs don’t. That’s the difference.

Disagree with this. I see plenty of comments from recruiters saying they had x player drafted.

It happens every year because most clubs leaderboard is varies wildly so everyone walks away with a steal.

The fact that Essendon's list is unbalanced with no good, big bodied inside mids and very poor KPF depth is enough to condemn him as a failure and should be moved on or at least have his responsibilities reduced.

He's actually been good at recruitment recently...the Saad/Stringer/Smith deals were all good value and he got Shiel to nominate Essendon despite fierce competition (though paid a lot for him at the trade table).

But Essendon's midfield has way too many small players...Merrett, Smith, McGrath, Parish etc...even Shiel isn't very tall despite being quite muscular. I think it's one of the reasons Parish isn't getting enough centre square/midfield time...the coaches don't want too many small guys in there at once and seem to consider him below Merrett/Smith/McGrath. To compensate, they throw in bigger bodied players like Langford/Stringer/Tippa in there at times but they aren't the genuine inside mid Essendon needs, they are stop gaps because there isn't a proper one on the list fo the coaches to use.

As for key forwards, outside Danniher who's been injured for almost 3 seasons already, Essendon have used the likes of McKernan (who's actually ok as a forward/ruck) and Brown and it's not enough quality to be a top team. To plug the hole Hooker has been thrown forward at times but hasn't made it as a consistent KPF and is now playing defence basically exclusively. Ambrose has also been tried there...again the coaches being forced to use stop gaps. Stringer has now basically been used as an undersized KPF.

Dodoro may say he didn't have enough time to find a replacement for Danniher last year (which i don't actually think is true since the 'catch up with Harley' was in the news way before the trade period...but fact is Danniher has been injured basically since the start of 2018...surely he could have gotten a young KPF through draft or trade in the last few years as a priority?

It's just crazy that year after year he fails to address these 2 key positions of weakness.

Why did dodoro trade for Andrew Philips when he could have gone for Pittonet? Carltons list of significantly better for the change. Another Silvagni win and Dodo stuff up.

Why did dodoro trade for Andrew Philips when he could have gone for Pittonet? Carltons list of significantly better for the change. Another Silvagni win and Dodo stuff up.
Both are D grade ruckmen.
But I’ve long thought Dodoro should be gone but not much is fans and members can do about as we are stuck with him

The fact that Essendon's list is unbalanced with no good, big bodied inside mids and very poor KPF depth is enough to condemn him as a failure and should be moved on or at least have his responsibilities reduced.

He's actually been good at recruitment recently...the Saad/Stringer/Smith deals were all good value and he got Shiel to nominate Essendon despite fierce competition (though paid a lot for him at the trade table).

But Essendon's midfield has way too many small players...Merrett, Smith, McGrath, Parish etc...even Shiel isn't very tall despite being quite muscular. I think it's one of the reasons Parish isn't getting enough centre square/midfield time...the coaches don't want too many small guys in there at once and seem to consider him below Merrett/Smith/McGrath. To compensate, they throw in bigger bodied players like Langford/Stringer/Tippa in there at times but they aren't the genuine inside mid Essendon needs, they are stop gaps because there isn't a proper one on the list fo the coaches to use.

As for key forwards, outside Danniher who's been injured for almost 3 seasons already, Essendon have used the likes of McKernan (who's actually ok as a forward/ruck) and Brown and it's not enough quality to be a top team. To plug the hole Hooker has been thrown forward at times but hasn't made it as a consistent KPF and is now playing defence basically exclusively. Ambrose has also been tried there...again the coaches being forced to use stop gaps. Stringer has now basically been used as an undersized KPF.

Dodoro may say he didn't have enough time to find a replacement for Danniher last year (which i don't actually think is true since the 'catch up with Harley' was in the news way before the trade period...but fact is Danniher has been injured basically since the start of 2018...surely he could have gotten a young KPF through draft or trade in the last few years as a priority?

It's just crazy that year after year he fails to address these 2 key positions of weakness.

We have drafted a young key forward in the last two years.
Noah Gown in 18, and Harrison Jones in 2019.

As for a big bodied mid? Yeah, I sucks and even is Essendon supporter hate him for it. Ultimately the coach needs to play his natural midfielders like Darcy Parish (fwd) and even the recycled Mitch Hibberd (wing/HB) as midfielders do not like we’re missing out on much with them big bodied mids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we have a 21/22 year old Sam Draper who could be one of the best ruck men in the game in the next 3 - 5 years. That’s why.

Because we have a 21/22 year old Sam Draper who could be one of the best ruck men in the game in the next 3 - 5 years. That’s why.
It’s also a huge assumption.
Ive seen a stack of Sam over the years and reckon he will be a beauty but he is still learning the game and coming off an ACL injury. I think we have to be wary not to expect too much too soon

Thats high stakes when your alternatives are TBC and phillips. Esp when draper has zero games under the belt

For whatever reason, in his post-sheedy watch we have neglected rucks and have neglected inside mids
Hence my dubiousness in claims had we kept our picks in 2013 we would have gone cripps and lobb.
Every draft prior and since indicates to me he would have done the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back