Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if he committed to Carlton..... "Patty Ryder drew a 1st and 2nd rounder, so we'll start with the #1 draft pick, and Carltons 2nd rounder and work from there" absolute nufty.

They are now.

Ryder was one of the top few rucks in the game at the end of 2014.

What have you blokes done to him?
They were last year too. Easily.

Wingard attracts more than anyone on your list

They were last year too. Easily.

Wingard attracts more than anyone on your list

Wingard is a star. Would love him.

Considering we were giving up what was (at the time) one of the best ruckmen in the game, I certainly would have asked the question.

Ah s**t! Are you serious?

How the hell are we gonna raid Carlton for... um... ah...

Hmmm

Judd?

SOS and Dodoro are good friends, so I'm sure that there is no longer a trade embargo between the two teams. Although you have nothing we want and vice versa at this point in time.

SOS and Dodoro are good friends, so I'm sure that there is no longer a trade embargo between the two teams. Although you have nothing we want and vice versa at this point in time.

Except you want/ed Carlisle?

I think it's indicative of an unrealistic and therefore bad-faith approach to the discussion.

I have two problems with your statement:

1) That asking for Wingard (for example) is unrealistic. Ryder was (at the time) among the best rucks in the game, who could also impact the scoreboard. He was precisely the player that Port were perceived to be missing in your push for a flag. On paper heading in to 2015, Ryder was among the top few players at your club when considering his importance to your side.

2) That unrealistic = bad faith. Nothing wrong with ASKING for anything. We can ask, you can say no. That is not dealing in bad faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only person I feel sorry for in this is Dodoro. We had a reputation due to Sheeds’ antics and it just got put onto Dodoro afterwards. All the nuffies and media trolls get into him when in reality he does a good job for us every year during trade/free agency period.

Luckily he’s a laidback type and just laughs it off.
So how much of your bottom 4 list is on him? Does he laugh it off that you haven't won a final in 11 years? If that is a "good job" at managing your list you're easily pleased.

So how much of your bottom 4 list is on him? Does he laugh it off that you haven't won a final in 11 years? If that is a "good job" at managing your list you're easily pleased.

12 months ago I was prepared to say he should go.

Only saving grace is he appears to have drafted very, very well in the last two years.

This year is important for him I think.

If he secures pick 5 for Carlisle and then drafts well with the (possible) four first and second round draft picks, I'd be prepared to keep him.

Still absolutely filthy over the Ryder trade (though I suspect that was not his fault), and think we as a club have stuffed up the development of many of our juniors.

Mid-late first round pick, yep. Not pick 5

Meh, I've stated fairly consistently that Carlisle's 'worth' is around pick 11-15.

Five is not extraordinary overs however, though I would be prepared to try sweeten the deal for the Saints.

If I was a player at Essendon on the fringe of getting delisted, id just request a trade, and Dodoro instantly thinks you're worth the world. Might keep you or convince another team you're worth a first or 2nd rounder.

If I was a player at Essendon on the fringe of getting delisted, id just request a trade, and Dodoro instantly thinks you're worth the world. Might keep you or convince another team you're worth a first or 2nd rounder.

If you're under 30.

If you're over 30, you just call the Roos.

Carlisle is of greater value than Billings, despite what you think.
No way. Billings is our most talented player and the key to our future.

Carlisle is 24, has one top ten best and fairest finish despite being "All-Australian standard" (lol), hasn't shown anywhere near his best form for 2 years and all your fans like to say he is a terrible character. On top of that he is out of contract.

Carlisle's value two years ago would have warranted pick 5 and more, but he isn't worth close to that atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back