Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm related to a footy list manager at a club and he consistently says Dodoro is the worst person in the comp to deal with and it's little wonder why they never seem to get deals done like other clubs. He isn't liked amongst many clubs.
Which list manager

2009 - offloaded Lovett for massive overs and gave Mark Williams a golden handshake :D and helped Hawthorn get Burgoyne just for lol's :D:D:D
2010 - zero trades
2011 - zero trades
2012 - let Monfries go for pick 51 o_O
2013 - got some GWS spuds and Geelong gave you Chappy
2014 - Dogs gave you Cooney and GWS gave you Giles, you eventually traded Ryder after many hissy fits and foot stomping :cry:

That is some heavy hitting trading right there :confused:

Essendon are irrelevant in trade week. About the only thing of note they have done in the last 6 years is transition a handful of guys into retirement.
And irrelevant in the home and away.

From memory (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Richmond were offering a late 30s, early 40s pick?
We offered Pick 47, and you guys wanted a pick in the 20's for a 22 year old bloke that was drafted at 46, who was out of contract, had played 26 games (had never played 3 games in a row before being dropped.) that was originally drafted at pick 42.

What do you think he was worth at the time?

We offered Pick 47, and you guys wanted a pick in the 20's for a 22 year old bloke that was drafted at 46, who was out of contract, had played 26 games (had never played 3 games in a row before being dropped.) that was originally drafted at pick 42.

What do you think he was worth at the time?

Geez asking me to remember how I felt at the time....

If I recall correctly, a second round pick.

Certainly 47 was unders (if that was correct). I have no issue at all with refusing to do that trade and making Richmond draft him.

This is what I don't get (well actually I do get it, its just silly). A club lowballs an offer, which is what the Houli offer was, Essendon refuses, yet Essendon are hard to deal with? Silly.

Yeah... no, don't really think so. Pick 17 as a straight swap more than fair I think.

I dare say what you think is almost irrelevant in this regard, like it or lump it, Ryder was among the top handful of rucks in the game.

I dare say what you think is almost irrelevant in this regard, like it or lump it, Ryder was among the top handful of rucks in the game.

So you're saying that on a football fan forum, where football fans gather to express and discuss opinions, that the opinion of a football fan is irrelevant? Right, okay, good luck with that one mate.

Ryder was never a better ruckman than Naitanui, Sandilands, Goldstein, Jacobs or Mumford, he was probably behind Stefan Martin in late 2014 also and running about equal with the likes of Maric, Lobbe, and an aging Dean Cox. If he was in the 'top handful', it's a big handful.

Players request trade to single club of choice

Andrew Lovett - tick
Bachar Houli – tick
Angus Monfries - tick
Stew Crameri – tick
Scott Gumbleton – tick
Josh Jenkins – tick
Paddy Ryder – tick
Jake Melksham – tick

Can go back further if you like

Getting deals done as usual. Sorry if a few feelings get hurt along the way.

So you're saying that on a football fan forum, where football fans gather to express and discuss opinions, that the opinion of a football fan is irrelevant? Right, okay, good luck with that one mate.

Have your opinion to your hearts content, but it doesn't change the FACT that Ryder was in the top few rucks in the game at that point.

Ryder was never a better ruckman than Naitanui, Sandilands, Goldstein, Jacobs or Mumford, he was probably behind Stefan Martin in late 2014 also and running about equal with the likes of Maric, Lobbe, and an aging Dean Cox. If he was in the 'top handful', it's a big handful.

Hostorically, no, he is not better than Cox or Sandilands. Right now Goldstein is the best ruck in the game, and Natanui isn't far behind him. Jacobs is a gun - and Ryder has slid backwards somewhat.

None of that changes the fact that come the end of 2014, Ryder was in the top few rucks in the game.

Geez asking me to remember how I felt at the time....

If I recall correctly, a second round pick.

Certainly 47 was unders (if that was correct). I have no issue at all with refusing to do that trade and making Richmond draft him.

This is what I don't get (well actually I do get it, its just silly). A club lowballs an offer, which is what the Houli offer was, Essendon refuses, yet Essendon are hard to deal with? Silly

At the time you thought he wasn't worth a sub 30 pick (I'm not having a dig at your memory), and you didn't seem to hint at our offer as lowballing.

The issue at the time seems to me that pick 47 wasn't going to help Essendon, so why make it easy for Bachar to move clubs? If it wasn't a pick Essendon would use, (despite being fair, I'm sure if you did have 4 picks that year instead of 3, you would have taken it.) Essendon don't see a benefit in making an inevitable transition easy. To be dicks, they make it a bit more difficult for the player and opposing club.

Just because you aren't using a pick, doesn't mean a players value increased to a useable draft pick. If your first 3 picks that year were picks 6,12 and 15, it doesn't mean we lowballed by not offering a useable pick in something like pick 13.

It pretty much proves the whole point. Essendon are difficult. "We could make it easy, but, nah, why would we do that?"

No one at Essendon thinks Houli is worth sub 30, but because the Bombers are likely to only take the three picks this year anything less then that is pointless. That is, if we trade for say a 50-ish pick, its a nothing pick to us anyway.

Hence the hold out. Losing him for nothing is the same as trading for a lower pick.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="The_Reaper,

Grand Final Appearances (Bolded are Premierships)

1. Geelong (1992, 1994, 1995, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) - 8 (3)
2. Hawthorn (1991, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) - 6 (5)
3. West Coast (1991, 1992, 1994, 2005, 2006, 2015) - 6 (3)
4. Sydney (1996, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2014) - 5 (2)
5. Brisbane (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) - 4 (3)
6. Collingwood (2002, 2003, 2010, 2011) - 4 (1)
7. Essendon (1993, 2000, 2001) - 3 (2)
7. North Melbourne (1996, 1998, 1999) - 3 (2)
9. Carlton (1993, 1995, 1999) - 3 (1)
10. Adelaide (1997, 1998) - 2 (2)
11. Port Adelaide (2004, 2007) - 2 (1)
12. St Kilda (2009, 2010) - 2 (0)
13. Fremantle (2013) - 1 (0)
13. Melbourne (2000) - 1 (0)[/QUOTE]

I thought there were two teams in the 1997 Grand Final.

Andrew Lovett - tick
Bachar Houli – tick
Angus Monfries - tick
Stew Crameri – tick
Scott Gumbleton – tick
Josh Jenkins – tick
Paddy Ryder – tick
Jake Melksham – tick

"But,but Essendon are hard to deal with."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have your opinion to your hearts content, but it doesn't change the FACT that Ryder was in the top few rucks in the game at that point.

Hostorically, no, he is not better than Cox or Sandilands. Right now Goldstein is the best ruck in the game, and Natanui isn't far behind him. Jacobs is a gun - and Ryder has slid backwards somewhat.

None of that changes the fact that come the end of 2014, Ryder was in the top few rucks in the game.

So essentially your opinion is fact because it's your opinion and my opinion is not fact because it's my opinion.

Yeah, I'm done wasting my time on this one.

So essentially your opinion is fact because it's your opinion and my opinion is not fact because it's my opinion.

Yeah, I'm done wasting my time on this one.

No my opinion is fact because it's fact.

Andrew Lovett - tick
Bachar Houli – tick
Angus Monfries - tick
Stew Crameri – tick
Scott Gumbleton – tick
Josh Jenkins – tick
Paddy Ryder – tick
Jake Melksham – tick

Houli went PSD.

Say what you like about Dodoro but he is one of the best in the business. Also getting a 2nd rounder for Melksham. Good stuff.

I can tell you something else. Pick 5 will be Essendon's as well it's just a of when.

Say what you like about Dodoro but he is one of the best in the business.

Eh?

Based on what? The premiership success of teams he's built? The number of games played by his draftees? The successful acquisition of A-grade players in trades?

According to the AFL player statistics, he was the third most effective ruckman over 2013 and 2014. He has peaked as high as second and is currently ranked six.

Jade's assessment as to where he was at the end of 2014 is probably correct. However, it's also worth pointing out that Naitanui was injured throughout part of that period, which certainly helped Ryder's ranking. Nevertheless, the best objective analysis of the game suggests that Ryder is a lot better than he is given credit for.

According to the AFL player statistics, he was the third most effective ruckman over 2013 and 2014. He has peaked as high as second and is currently ranked six.

Jade's assessment as to where he was at the end of 2014 is probably correct. However, it's also worth pointing out that Naitanui was injured throughout part of that period, which certainly helped Ryder's ranking. Nevertheless, the best objective analysis of the game suggests that Ryder is a lot better than he is given credit for.

Sorry but those rankings are ******* useless.

I would just say Ryder has been in the top five ruckmen for a few years whilst never having a dominant year where he is in all Australian contention. Mainly because he rotates forward and doesn't have dreadlocks.

Sorry but those rankings are ******* useless.

I would just say Ryder has been in the top five ruckmen for a few years whilst never having a dominant year where he is in all Australian contention. Mainly because he rotates forward and doesn't have dreadlocks.

Last year he was a reasonable chance to be named in the AA squad, but was edged out by Sandilands. Hardly a robbery, but certainly close.

By the end of 2014, considering his total game, I was almost prepared to call him the best ruck in the game; however I wouldn't now.

Andrew Lovett - tick
Bachar Houli – tick
Angus Monfries - tick
Stew Crameri – tick
Scott Gumbleton – tick
Josh Jenkins – tick
Paddy Ryder – tick
Jake Melksham – tick

Lovett even came with a personal recommendation from Hird and Watson.

Adelaide have lost far more class than we have - Danger, Davis, Bock, Gunston, Tippett.
Carlton would be next with Betts, Jacobs, Garlett and Waite
Then the Lions with all their kids.
Ryder, Crameri, Carlisle - they're stiff because they come from spots you don't hold a lot of depth.

How do you think Essendon wold go having to trade out a Dangerfield? Do you think they would get a similar deal done in the first day of the trade period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back