List Mgmt. Adrian Dodoro

Fin ice Smuggler

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I was talking throughout the year. We were only a couple of goals off them in all 3.
yeah cool, but since then look at their draft recruits versus ours. Take into account Rance goes back into senior side pushes someone out into VFL as does Stack.

They have Dawkins, Ralph Smith, Dow and a few others now developing in the VFL not to mention there developing ruck stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
yeah cool, but since then look at their draft recruits versus ours. Take into account Rance goes back into senior side pushes someone out into VFL as does Stack.

They have Dawkins, Ralph Smith, Dow and a few others now developing in the VFL not to mention there developing ruck stocks.
So much that their VFL side suddenly becomes better than our AFL?

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, SFG, Heat, Raiders
So what part of what he’s done in the last 6 weeks doesn’t get a huge tick?

Retained everyone we wanted to retain.
Added experienced bodies for next to nothing in positions of need.
Added 2 super promising, young, developing talls.
Added 2 strong and physical pressure forwards that can hit the scoreboard.

If the worst move you make in an exchange period is deciding to delist Tom Jok then you’ve done exceedingly well, have you not?

Fin ice Smuggler

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

If the worst move you make in an exchange period is deciding to delist Tom Jok then you’ve done exceedingly well, have you not?
and in last 20 years developed a list capable of challenging for finals wins and premierships... oh wait.

Mikevk123

All Australian
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree but the Joey decision could haunt us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

owen87

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Thoughts on a sos and dodo partnership?
I'm undecided on SOS being any good; he's had some good draft selections in his time, but has generally had a strong hand at the draft to allow it.

Wells at Geelong or Beatson at Sydney are two who seems to consistently find later selections that have seemingly better than average success rates.

For all the criticism he wears, Dodoro is actually quite decent with later selections and KPPs, just seems to miss on selecting midfielders.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

I can't remember, was there someone who was out of contract we have re-signed?

Bombermania

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Its not entirely Adrian's fault if the team's game plan has been junk or the coaches are playing players out of position. Knowing this club there is probably an inside mid on the list but has been stuck playing on the outside or up forward or down back, now I don't know who that is or if they exist but the way this side has been managed in recent years then anything is possible.

owen87

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Its not entirely Adrian's fault if the team's game plan has been junk or the coaches are playing players out of position. Knowing this club there is probably an inside mid on the list but has been stuck playing on the outside or up forward or down back, now I don't know who that is or if they exist but the way this side has been managed in recent years then anything is possible.
Dylan Clarke is the only one that springs to mind that was drafted and played as a pure inside midfielder type at U18.

McGrath & Parish both had midfield pedigree as inside / outside types.

Can't think of anyone else we've drafted other than Mynott or now Hibberd that you'd define as an inside midfielder type, and they weren't high selections.

Mikevk123

All Australian
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm undecided on SOS being any good; he's had some good draft selections in his time, but has generally had a strong hand at the draft to allow it.

Wells at Geelong or Beatson at Sydney are two who seems to consistently find later selections that have seemingly better than average success rates.

For all the criticism he wears, Dodoro is actually quite decent with later selections and KPPs, just seems to miss on selecting midfielders.
Sos could complement dodo well though. Sos was able to grab some handy players for the blues. Newman, Docherty, Setterfield, Plowman, Marchbank.

Fin ice Smuggler

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Did that Chirgwin guy everyone here was creaming their pants over go undrafted?

I guess the peanut gallery here must be pretty pleased they not only know more than Dodoro but every single recruiter in the AFL.
I’m not 1 of those guys because I’ve never seen him play but just because he’s gone undrafted doesn’t make them necessarily wrong. Tim Kelly and stack come to mind proving recruiters wrong.

Top Bottom