Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, Heat
Surely with Joe Saad Fantasia plus whoever you are targeting to get done, he cant be wasting time with everyone.

There are the obvious negotiation tactics but asking for Walsh is just a pure waste of time and really makes a joke out of it all.
I mean, we certainly haven’t leaked that, which is a negotiation tactic in and of itself, who’s to say that has even actually happened?

This is the kind of trade good clubs do on the first morning of trade period and walk away happy. We’re both not even close to being good clubs so expect a needless sh*t fight and for both sides to risk not getting anything over 4 places in the draft or something stupid like that.

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I mean, we certainly haven’t leaked that, which is a negotiation tactic in and of itself, who’s to say that has even actually happened?

This is the kind of trade good clubs do on the first morning of trade period and walk away happy. We’re both not even close to being good clubs so expect a needless sh*t fight and for both sides to risk not getting anything over 4 places in the draft or something stupid like that.
Given the AGE has reported it and no one at Essendon has denied it we can safely say it happened.

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely with Joe Saad Fantasia plus whoever you are targeting to get done, he cant be wasting time with everyone.

There are the obvious negotiation tactics but asking for Walsh is just a pure waste of time and really makes a joke out of it all.
Just wasting time with Carlton, we're serious about getting the other deals done.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
At the end of the day Saad is a professional footballer, if the Blues dont trade for him he won't he playing there. He just wont get to the Blues PSD pick if he ends up in there. I reckon the blues have forgotten that the PSD threats only work if you have picks up the top few of the draft. Its one of those things too if your Saad and they dont give up the first your wondering how much they really value you.

I imagine North would come up with a massive deal too good to refuse if he ends up in the PSD.

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
The fact that this trade proposal could be complete bullshit but everybody believes it because Dodo has a reputation is enough reason to move him on.

The guy is poison at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
These threads are going to f’ed if we keep letting Blues supporters argue over Dodoro as well .

For what it is worth , three weeks out I am glad the first deal was ridiculously high.

Especially in response to leaked stories in which Carlton has said that it would used the PSD.

Whether that's realistic or not is irrelevant. They fired the first shot. I'm not sure how it can be classified as a reasonable opening position because it's not even in the spirit of a trade negotiation (it starts to become a reasonable threat if we are still asking for Harry McKay a few days into the trade period assuming negotiations continue over the next few weeks). Our opening position always had to be proportionate to the PSD threat. Frankly, my response would have been something like:

'If you want to poison this by threatening the PSD before we've even started, Saad won't get past North and I'm willing to see him become a Tasmanian Kangaroo for nothing to make sure you don't get him. Or you can give me McKay and your first round pick and we'll give you Saad and a second round pick (which we'll have for you by the end of the trade period). Come back to me when you're prepared to be reasonable. I might tell Adam that I'm starting discussions with North in the meantime and that he should too."

The temptation is always there to cut to the chase but people find out the hard way that it doesn't stop you from being chiseled when the other side sees the opportunity to exploit your good faith.

We should ask the question of every player on this list that we like. Who knows what the response will be. Maybe a gun player has boned someone's misses in a moment of madness or there has been a punch up in the hub which has created division (and Carlton has kept it quite to retain trade value, unlike North with Brown and the Dogs with Stringer).

If we get in the trade period and are re-stating existing positions like McKay which do not reflect fair value, and the proposals coming from Carlton are in a reasonable range Dodoro deserves the articles which are being written about him.

Let's not forget what happened last year was that GWS took the opportunity to screw us by moving Scully on and removing the salary cap problem that had Shiel on the trade table. That was a masterstroke from them to coax the extra first round pick out of us. What did we want from Dodoro to stump up the 2 first round picks straight away when that's not what he had to pay until he got screwed?

Last edited:

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol that's a ridiculous trade suggestion. Dodoro (if the article is correct) comes up with suggestions even the most delusional Essendon supporter on Bigfooty/Bomberblitz wouldn't come up with.

Probably going for a "I'll begrudgingly accept pick 7" situation.

Brutalitops

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Assuming this is correct - which I doubt, as sports journalists are as reliable as pulling out - then I’d completely welcome dodo to ask for the moon.

You can’t offer a bloke 3m and then not cough up your first.

It’s just as an insulting offer as asking what dodo was asking for.
Not that he is, but if he was a free agent that contract would land somewhere between band 2 and 3 which equates to a high to mid 2nd round pick. Even a reported $3.2M doesnt get him more than band 2 which is start of 2nd round.

I think its fair for Essendon to start at pick 7 but I would expect something compelling to be coming back with Saad.

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Not that he is, but if he was a free agent that contract would land somewhere between band 2 and 3 which equates to a high to mid 2nd round pick. Even a reported $3.2M doesnt get him more than band 2 which is start of 2nd round.

I think its fair for Essendon to start at pick 7 but I would expect something compelling to be coming back with Saad.
I can offer Shaun McKernan in the deal, to replace Kruezer for you.

7 for Saad and McKernan. Bargain.

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Especially in response to leaked stories in which Carlton has said that it would used the PSD.

Whether that's realistic or not is irrelevant. They fired the first shot. I'm not sure how it can be classified as a reasonable opening position because it's not even in the spirit of a trade negotiation (it starts to become a reasonable threat if we are still asking for Harry McKay a few days into the trade period assuming negotiations continue over the next few weeks). Our opening position always had to be proportionate to the PSD threat. Frankly, my response would have been something like:

'If you want to poison this by threatening the PSD before we've even started, Saad won't get past North and I'm willing to see him become a Tasmanian Kangaroo for nothing to make sure you don't get him. Or you can give me McKay and your first round pick and we'll give you Saad and a second round pick (which we'll have for you by the end of the trade period). Come back to me when you're prepared to be reasonable. I might tell Adam that I'm starting discussions with North in the meantime and that he should too."

The temptation is always there to cut to the chase but people find out the hard way that it doesn't stop you from being chiseled when the other side sees the opportunity to exploit your good faith.

We should ask the question of every player on this list that we like. Who knows what the response will be. Maybe a gun player has boned someone's misses in a moment of madness or there has been a punch up in the hub which has created division (and Carlton has kept it quite to retain trade value, unlike North with Brown and the Dogs with Stringer).

If we get in the trade period and are re-stating existing positions like McKay which do not reflect fair value, and the proposals coming from Carlton are in a reasonable range Dodoro deserves the articles which are being written about him.

Let's not forget what happened last year was that GWS took the opportunity to screw us by moving Scully on and removing the salary cap problem that had Shiel on the trade table. That was a masterstroke from them to coax the extra first round pick out of us. What did we want from Dodoro to stump up the 2 first round picks straight away when that's not what he had to pay until he got screwed?
I think we need more hotshot lawyers like you at the Trade table. I do declare Mr BrunoV , I'm getting vapours!

Remove this Banner Ad