blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
I title this post:
Adrian Whitehead, Matthew Egan, James Albert Hird, and THE FOOT

just posting to medusala who is fondly and not so fondly known as meds, quite felicitous in this forum, you will admit.

In cycling, and yes I am invoking cycling again... the biggest doping product before EPO, was not the roids, not the testosterone, not the amphetamines.

The best product was the cortisone.

which is colloquially and locally [sic] known as anti-inflammatories(/grammar).

anti-inflammatories/cortisone/cortico(s)/corticoids

the docs in cycling will give out exemptions. TUEs. Therapeutic Use Exemptions. but have no doubt, these were the best products in the arse of the doping arsenal.

So circa 2000 Adrian Whitehead's promising career as a small backman, was cut down by painkillers or cortisone when he destroyed his navicular when he should not have been playing and sued the club.

Matthew Egan similarly plays on a foot when p'raps he should not have been.

I think Albert had a similar problem with his navicular. And went to America to p'raps get help. Did anyone mention hgh?

Then there are the players like Grimes and Max Rooke go to Hamburg to visit the doctor calling Healing Hans, ostensibly for the hammie. I think.

<Jan Ullrich two plus two maxim>

NB. not saying those players were/are doping. I am just putting it in context. The anti-inflammatories allow you to hammer 200km one day, and back up fresh for the next day to hammer another 220km, and then get jabbed up with the cortisone for the next day when you will wake up fresh for another hammer fest.

how many times does the club doc prescribe the anti-inflammatories, and hit up a player before, during, half time, the cortisone... how many players before a game, and I assume painkillers are not the anti-inflammatories, but how many pain-killers are also prescribed and applied pre, during, half time?

I am interested what (AFL chief doctor) HArcourt would say on this, on the anti-inflammatories.

It IS NOT the head concussions and NFL that are the worst problems. I reckon this is far exceeded by the injuries that are availed and enabled by the abuse of these catabolic steroids that break down the waste tissue and do not allow the body's feedback system to prevent you from going back out. The NFL concussion thing, is an early gambit for affal house to head off at the pass the PA and class action suite's by Slater and Gordon before they go out of bizness and Mauries take over the gig.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ugs-agreement-says-lawyer-20140703-zsv6e.html

Ancient Tiger Contra Mundum

Last edited:

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes cortisone is a type of anti-inflammatory but not the ONLY type of anti-inflammatory.

Really not sure what the point of this thread is. It is more of a rambling statement that a coherent OP ............

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Juddy is happy to state in his book he had gut issues from years of popping anti-inflammatories.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
You can also add Mitch Clark and Jack Trengove to the navicular list. Hopefully Jack can get through the Casey intra-club on Friday unscathed.

I always liked Jack. Hope he gets back to senior footy looking aesthetic af

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yes cortisone is a type of anti-inflammatory but not the ONLY type of anti-inflammatory.

Really not sure what the point of this thread is. It is more of a rambling statement that a coherent OP ............

Maybe the point is that anti-inflams should come under more scruntiny?

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Perhaps off on a tangent, but Clem Michael had legal dealings with Freo after he ruined his knee playing too often on painkillers and probably anti-inflammatories.

And I can't spell.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is the question - how did Hird recover from his navicular injury, which many thought had ended his career?

Who knows?

One thing we do know is that even back then James was willing to go for medically experimental treatments:

Hird's latest pre-season preparation was restricted to non weight-bearing exercises on his right leg.

However, further scans in February this year showed the fracture had continued to widen. The bone eventually shattered early in the April 1 night match against the Kangaroos at the MCG.

New and radical surgery was performed, this time involving metal screws to hold the bone together, a bone graft and the use of a synthetic protein to speed up healing. Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon Julian Feller injected Osteogenic Protein-1 into the navicular bone to promote regeneration and growth of skeletal tissue.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/643652/hird-the-news-about-james/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Is the question - how did Hird recover from his navicular injury, which many thought had ended his career?

Who knows?

One thing we do know is that even back then James was willing to go for medically experimental treatments:

Hird's latest pre-season preparation was restricted to non weight-bearing exercises on his right leg.

However, further scans in February this year showed the fracture had continued to widen. The bone eventually shattered early in the April 1 night match against the Kangaroos at the MCG.

New and radical surgery was performed, this time involving metal screws to hold the bone together, a bone graft and the use of a synthetic protein to speed up healing. Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon Julian Feller injected Osteogenic Protein-1 into the navicular bone to promote regeneration and growth of skeletal tissue.

When you start quoting nt news then I really will worry:)

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond

cortisone is a powerful PED. the docs prescribe it in affal with impunity

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree, the use of legal therapeutic drugs used to get players over the line is an abuse that is hard to set a standard for. We are taught and our mindset is to endure.
muscular christianity***

this is a pedagogy philosophy espoused by the public school system. That is, the privileged blueblood public school system where evo sends his harem of children to.

<think> Scotch, Melbourne Grammar, Geelong Grammar, Kings, Cranbrook, Xavier, rowing, running, chariots of fire, corporal punishment, latin, rugby that is union, and in the south, affal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity
Muscular Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Muscular Christianity is a Christian commitment to piety and physical health, basing itself on the New Testament, which sanctions the concepts of character (Philippians 3:14) and well-being (Corinthians1 6:19-20).
Origins - ‎Influence - ‎See also - ‎References

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordonstoun

1. Gordonstoun
    Website
    Directions
    Independent school in Elgin, Scotland
    Gordonstoun school is a co-educational independent school for boarding and day pupils in Moray, Scotland. Named after the 150-acre estate originally owned by Sir Robert Gordon in the 17th century, the school now uses this estate as its campus. Wikipedia

Timbertop - Geelong Grammar School
https://www.ggs.vic.edu.au/School/Campuses/Timbertop
An overview of life at Geelong Grammar School's Timbertop Campus, including the Academic Programme, Outdoors Programme, Positive Education and Unit ...

just between you and I, I think evo is on the parents committee at Scotch, should see them when they don the boaters and go to the head of the river to see the boys rowing, ra ra ra!

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
muscular christianity***

this is a pedagogy philosophy espoused by the public school system. That is, the privileged blueblood public school system where evo sends his harem of children to.

<think> Scotch, Melbourne Grammar, Geelong Grammar, Kings, Cranbrook, Xavier, rowing, running, chariots of fire, corporal punishment, latin, rugby that is union, and in the south, affal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordonstoun

just between you and I, I think evo is on the parents committee at Scotch, should see them when they don the boaters and go to the head of the river to see the boys rowing, ra ra ra!

You forgot to include sodomy in there.

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I title this post:
Adrian Whitehead, Matthew Egan, James Albert Hird, and THE FOOT

just posting to medusala who is fondly and not so fondly known as meds, quite felicitous in this forum, you will admit.

In cycling, and yes I am invoking cycling again... the biggest doping product before EPO, was not the roids, not the testosterone, not the amphetamines.

The best product was the cortisone.

which is colloquially and locally [sic] known as anti-inflammatories(/grammar).

anti-inflammatories/cortisone/cortico(s)/corticoids

the docs in cycling will give out exemptions. TUEs. Therapeutic Use Exemptions. but have no doubt, these were the best products in the arse of the doping arsenal.

So circa 2000 Adrian Whitehead's promising career as a small backman, was cut down by painkillers or cortisone when he destroyed his navicular when he should not have been playing and sued the club.

Matthew Egan similarly plays on a foot when p'raps he should not have been.

I think Albert had a similar problem with his navicular. And went to America to p'raps get help. Did anyone mention hgh?

Then there are the players like Grimes and Max Rooke go to Hamburg to visit the doctor calling Healing Hans, ostensibly for the hammie. I think.

<Jan Ullrich two plus two maxim>

NB. not saying those players were/are doping. I am just putting it in context. The anti-inflammatories allow you to hammer 200km one day, and back up fresh for the next day to hammer another 220km, and then get jabbed up with the cortisone for the next day when you will wake up fresh for another hammer fest.

how many times does the club doc prescribe the anti-inflammatories, and hit up a player before, during, half time, the cortisone... how many players before a game, and I assume painkillers are not the anti-inflammatories, but how many pain-killers are also prescribed and applied pre, during, half time?

I am interested what (AFL chief doctor) HArcourt would say on this, on the anti-inflammatories.

It IS NOT the head concussions and NFL that are the worst problems. I reckon this is far exceeded by the injuries that are availed and enabled by the abuse of these catabolic steroids that break down the waste tissue and do not allow the body's feedback system to prevent you from going back out. The NFL concussion thing, is an early gambit for affal house to head off at the pass the PA and class action suite's by Slater and Gordon before they go out of bizness and Mauries take over the gig.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ugs-agreement-says-lawyer-20140703-zsv6e.html

Ancient Tiger Contra Mundum
Agree with pretty much all of that except the bit about the NFL & concussions, although you could tie in painkillers and anti inflams with the conclusion issue. Like Toradol.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/former_nfl_players_say_they_di.html

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
The muscular love cult. God bless the little victims of the church. Take away the Christ, and we have stoicism, an admirable and worthy philosophy. Did Christianity * everything up?

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Who knows?

I wonder what meds will help him rebuild his shattered rep? Mescalin? He seems to produce this naturally thus explaining his chronic self delusions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back