Ads During Quarters On Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayo/FGo/FNow all play ads after goals if the CH7 feed is the one you should be getting in your detected location. In this circumstance you'll get a Ch7 or 7mate logo in the top-right corner as soon as the coverage switches from Fox to FTA just before the first bounce of the ball. If you're in a detected location that FTA is not covering the match, then you get the full Foxtel box feed.

Foxtel via a box (Cable or Satellite) don't play ads and retain the "Fox Footy" logo in the top-right corner.

If you want to get the "box" feed for every single game, I've found that the Kodi plugin for Kayo bypasses the location check and just plays the default stream, which is always the "box" feed. I haven't checked if the similar Kodi plugin for FNow has the same bypass, but since it's made by the same developer, I'd guess that it does.

As a sidebar; on Kayo when you're watching a "linear channel" it'll show a "broadcast blocked" sort of message in the circumstances where it detects it should be playing a FTA broadcast and the only way to watch it at all is via the "sport" tile/button instead of the channel button and this is where you see the streaming broadcast of a FTA channel replete with ads, unless using the bypass mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back