(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
“Don’t forget your routine, give your hands a clean clean clean”

NO ICECREAM FOR YOU! COME BACK, ONE YEAR!

Well that would’ve been my response.
I would have said "Actually young man, exposure to the microbes prevalent in outdoors environments is important in establishing a healthy and robust immune system in developing children. Over-sterilising is more detrimental than beneficial", but yours works as well

Also, if I carried around bottles of Dettoll and tried to apply it to other kids' hands when I was that age my school life would have been a living nightmare.

Parents, please don't make your kids do this unless you want them to be teased mercilessly.

_VXV

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would have said "Actually young man, exposure to the microbes prevalent in outdoors environments is important in establishing a healthy and robust immune system in developing children. Over-sterilising is more detrimental than beneficial", but yours works as well

Also, if I carried around bottles of Dettoll and tried to apply it to other kids' hands when I was that age my school life would have been a living nightmare.

Parents, please don't make your kids do this unless you want them to be teased mercilessly.
Wait for the kids to discover the gel is flammable, then watch the lawsuits & product recalls appear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bungalow_bill

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The red rooster ad where some stupid bogan eats a spicy burger then drinks the water out of a dogs bowl. For starters water would be useless milk is the antidote for hot spicy food.

AFL Club
Geelong
I thought parodies of song are fair use, so it's 'ok'?
Apparently not.

I heard "Weird" Al Yankovic, master satirist of songs, being interviewed. He said that he or his management have approached every single artist about permission to use their song before he parodied it. Most of the time, they are completely cool about it, and often enjoy what he does with their songs.

He did say that the only artist to ever turn him down was Prince, so he couldn't parody any of his songs. He couldn't just go "Stuff Prince, I will do it anyway".

So even he had to get permission before he can use any song. I bet if "Weird" Al was going to parody "We're not going to take it", he would have approached Dee Snyder first.

AFL Club
Geelong
correct - plus any ad in general that ends with people dancing like moronic f***wits

I'm looking at you air-tasker and Amart.
My theory of group dancing on TV, or in ads is this:-

-There is always at least one person who is heavily embarrassed about doing it, but does it because he doesn't want to be the only one to say "No".

-There is also always at least one person who is completely lacking any self-awareness and gets right into it, embarrassing themselves, and looking like a fool, but they don't care.

Watch next time they have something like this, and look at the facial expressions, and you will see what I mean.

bungalow_bill

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently not.

I heard "Weird" Al Yankovic, master satirist of songs, being interviewed. He said that he or his management have approached every single artist about permission to use their song before he parodied it. Most of the time, they are completely cool about it, and often enjoy what he does with their songs.

He did say that the only artist to ever turn him down was Prince, so he couldn't parody any of his songs. He couldn't just go "Stuff Prince, I will do it anyway".

So even he had to get permission before he can use any song. I bet if "Weird" Al was going to parody "We're not going to take it", he would have approached Dee Snyder first.

I would have thought a parody would fall under being a type of cover version. Quite often lyrics and even the melody are changed in a cover. As long as the artists gets a song writing credit.

Strange that MJ okayed Beat It but Prince said no - would have thought it would be the other way around

mattyb2607

Shoot straight, you bastards.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg, Adelaide Bite
AFL Club
Geelong
I would have thought a parody would fall under being a type of cover version. Quite often lyrics and even the melody are changed in a cover. As long as the artists gets a song writing credit.

Strange that MJ okayed Beat It but Prince said no - would have thought it would be the other way around

Apparently MJ loved "Eat It", which allowed "Weird" Al to follow up with "Fat".

Prince is apparently very protective and anal about his music. He even hates covers of his own songs, (such as "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor and "Kiss" by Tom Jones). He even refused for a long time to even have his songs be allowed on Youtube, saying that the internet is a fad and it would die out in ten years.

bungalow_bill

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently MJ loved "Eat It", which allowed "Weird" Al to follow up with "Fat".

Prince is apparently very protective and anal about his music. He even hates covers of his own songs, (such as "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor and "Kiss" by Tom Jones). He even refused for a long time to even have his songs be allowed on Youtube, saying that the internet is a fad and it would die out in ten years.

Suppose it makes sense MJ did seem to have a good sense of humour. Appearing in the Simpsons and all. As for the covers can understand Kiss but Sinead's version is incredible and the public agreed.

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Where tf did they find the ultimate vegetarian male hipster who looks to be wearing women's silk slip dress as a top in the newest ad for Belong?

Top Bottom