FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed the X Files ones , the one with "Gary" being abducted by aliens was the best

Yeah they were at least creative. These just smack of “the guy has a Scottish accent, let’s crowbar him into a Braveheart scene”

Colgate ad that is on atm with people with weird faces...that blonde girl..seriously could kick a Sherrin for a major through the gap in her front teeth. Freckly bloke with 2 different coloured eyes and a silvered haired old duck. Ad giving me the Sh&*s.
My missus cringes when she sees that tooth gap. I know that tooth gaps where trendy a few years ago but that gap is a bit ridiculous. So not only is the ad dated it still can't tell the difference between trendy and just plain old ugly. Speaking of toothpaste ads there was one a few years ago for sensodyne? Where they had a dentist speaking but every 2 seconds they were cutting to a new angle to be more dynamic edgy? Whatever I just found it distracting just stick to one angle ffs. (This was also done on Bob Murphy's fox footy show)

Another thing that annoys me about ads is using kids or animals to sell their product. Unless it's kid or animal related like nappies or something It's just lazy writing. Aww let's stick a cute little baby next to a printer. Anyway I'm sure there's plenty of current ads that annoy but I just can't think of any.

My missus cringes when she sees that tooth gap. I know that tooth gaps where trendy a few years ago but that gap is a bit ridiculous. So not only is the ad dated it still can't tell the difference between trendy and just plain old ugly. Speaking of toothpaste ads there was one a few years ago for sensodyne? Where they had a dentist speaking but every 2 seconds they were cutting to a new angle to be more dynamic edgy? Whatever I just found it distracting just stick to one angle ffs. (This was also done on Bob Murphy's fox footy show)

Another thing that annoys me about ads is using kids or animals to sell their product. Unless it's kid or animal related like nappies or something It's just lazy writing. Aww let's stick a cute little baby next to a printer. Anyway I'm sure there's plenty of current ads that annoy but I just can't think of any.
Yes that annoyed me on “Bob” as well, and it happens a lot during games, the camera zeroes in on a player’s face as he’s kicking for goal - get the camera back, ffs!

Yes that annoyed me on “Bob” as well, and it happens a lot during games, the camera zeroes in on a player’s face as he’s kicking for goal - get the camera back, ffs!
Yep too many close ups in games for my liking. I should refrase that I don't mind close ups but the length of time spent on them is too long. I don't care about being so close I just want to see what's happening. That's why they say it's better to be at the game because you can see whole ground and what's unfolding. It's the same with tennis I hate that bunker shot, you can't see anything except Nadal's arse.

With 'Bob' the show isn't that great is it meant to be a 'hip' version of open Mike? So they have dynamic camera angles? Sometimes you just need to keep it simple.

Can someone explain the Maccas ad with the pickle in the ice cream? Is the younger woman telling her mum she’s pregnant? Or is she just proving she was listening to the mother’s story about weird cravings?

Either way, are they predicting a big run on their new pickle icecream offering?

The new iphone ad is f**king awful. But I'm sure teenage girls and edgy hipsters will love it
I'm not even sure what the ad is but I hate it based on description. A little off topic the thing I find funny about about hipsters is they try so hard to be different they all end up with similar looks. Same principle applies for Goths/emo kids circa 2005.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those e harmony ads. Every fourteen minutes someone finds love. How imprecise and immeasurable. Then all the singles shown are all beautiful looking people with such conceited expressions.

It's impressive they can measure the exact moment a random couple falls in love. The military would love to get their hands on that sort of technology

I’d do EOFYthing to get those ads off.
You'll have to wait till July 1 :(. All the seasonal ads are so painful, Christmas, Easter, Mother's and Father's Days to name a few, you just can't wait till each bloody event is over.

Is the Step One season over yet? :grinning:

Can someone explain the Maccas ad with the pickle in the ice cream? Is the younger woman telling her mum she’s pregnant? Or is she just proving she was listening to the mother’s story about weird cravings?

Either way, are they predicting a big run on their new pickle icecream offering?
In the longer version you can hear the mum say 'she's pregnant' at the end. But the ad is so awful. It's like they don't understand how humans act

The Maccas ad where the bloke does laps around the drive through trying to put in his coffee order while the baby sleeps in the back.

The ad itself annoys me but the thing that really pisses me off is that its advertising $2 coffees ordered through the MyMaccas app. If the bloke in the ad used the app he wouldn't have to put in an order at the speaker :mad:

The Maccas ad where the bloke does laps around the drive through trying to put in his coffee order while the baby sleeps in the back.

The ad itself annoys me but the thing that really pisses me off is that its advertising $2 coffees ordered through the MyMaccas app. If the bloke in the ad used the app he wouldn't have to put in an order at the speaker :mad:

The thing that pisses me off is that when the bloke in the ad repeatedly drives through without stopping the Maccas worker bends over backwards to accommodate him, but when I do it I’m “causing a hazard” and get the police called on me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back