FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Maccas ad where the bloke does laps around the drive through trying to put in his coffee order while the baby sleeps in the back.

The ad itself annoys me but the thing that really pisses me off is that its advertising $2 coffees ordered through the MyMaccas app. If the bloke in the ad used the app he wouldn't have to put in an order at the speaker :mad:

How does driving constantly around the drive-through have any greater affect on not waking the toddler than if he stops and gives his order? He could still whisper his order if he stopped once and spoke to the employee.

How does driving constantly around the drive-through have any greater affect on not waking the toddler than if he stops and gives his order? He could still whisper his order if he stopped once and spoke to the employee.
And since he apparently can't stop and isn't paying through the app how did he end up paying? Did they cut the scene where she patiently holds the payment terminal out and he keeps doing more laps waving his card out the window hoping to make contact?

And since he apparently can't stop and isn't paying through the app how did he end up paying? Did they cut the scene where she patiently holds the payment terminal out and he keeps doing more laps waving his card out the window hoping to make contact?
And don't they have to activate the speaker box to place the order once he has stopped, if he doesn't stop, he wouldn't be able to order

The Macca's ad which has brought joy to many in hear was first run maybe 4 or 5 years ago to promote its touch pay service.

the orginal ad showed payment via tap n go

The Maccas ad where the bloke does laps around the drive through trying to put in his coffee order while the baby sleeps in the back.

The ad itself annoys me but the thing that really pisses me off is that its advertising $2 coffees ordered through the MyMaccas app. If the bloke in the ad used the app he wouldn't have to put in an order at the speaker :mad:

Yes, this ad!

Lots of babies fall asleep through motion, especially if they are restless. Once you stop, the baby may wake. Still a sh*t ad though.

Better hope he doesn’t hit any red lights or stop signs on the way home, otherwise he’s ****ed.

Lots of babies fall asleep through motion, especially if they are restless. Once you stop, the baby may wake. Still a sh*t ad though.
That's the way my parents got me to sleep as a baby I was a terrible sleeper as a kid apparently, lots of late night drives

Perhaps he has to keep his speed above 50 kms or his car will explode. What do you do? What do you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That stupid farqing McDonald's ad with that clown that's driving around in circles whispering.

That rubbish has literally never happened, ever.

Yep, it's a strange ad.
While I'm no marketing guru the fact there is not one other customer in sight is a rather negative display of their business model which I guess has been ignored for the emotional narrative...?

Are we to assume this event takes place at 3am - because there is obviously no one else using the drive thru, the car park and surrounds look empty, there is no other ambient noise, even the shot inside the restaurant shows no other visible customers...?

Again, the emotional narrative asks us to ignore the fact that this large Maccas store, open 24hrs and fully staffed exists only to serve one bloke and his sleeping child a coffee at the drive thru.
Watching this would scare the crap out of me if I was looking to invest as a potential franchisee....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back