FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not to mention that it's the wrong kind of bird. It's a duck! They serve chicken!
The only reason I can think of for this is that it's in the duck's best interest for us to eat chicken and therefore not eat him. Although this may be giving KFC too much credit.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
mynewcareer.com.au
  • Do an MBA on-line using your laptop outside with a gale blowing into your face
  • Best of all there are no exams (not that we doubt the mindset/talent/confidence of our target audience)
  • Smug celebrations after presumably finishing/being promoted as if it was a Grand Final
  • 'Take your career from something sh1t to being a mid-tier CEO'
  • You too can have an exciting career with a powerpoint presentation or catching a plane somewhere
  • Carrying folders around is now for your minions

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
The new Special K ads.

Special K have spent the last 20 years bombarding women with the message that they can become slim and beautiful like the women in their ads if they eat that crap, now all of a sudden they're trying to champion themselves as bastions of body acceptance.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The new Special K ads.

Special K have spent the last 20 years bombarding women with the message that they can become slim and beautiful like the women in their ads if they eat that crap, now all of a sudden they're trying to champion themselves as bastions of body acceptance.

Incredible that anyone would think a cereal loaded with sugar will help you lose weight.

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton

I'd like this ad if I could read and speak as well as women my age who are clearly brighter than us dumb grunts.

Girl are poorer athletes than men, so lets have more funding for female sports stars who earn less in that field because they're not as fast, strong and athletic. That part must have been left on the cutting room floor.

The super annoying karate kid grew up to be the head of the yakuza...

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
The new AFL participation advert is completely baffling and out of touch much like the AFL itself.

"Fyfe! I told you to trim those sideburns!"

*. Off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2006
Booking desk, TISM boat hire
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Victory

I'd like this ad if I could read and speak as well as women my age who are clearly brighter than us dumb grunts.

Girl are poorer athletes than men, so lets have more funding for female sports stars who earn less in that field because they're not as fast, strong and athletic. That part must have been left on the cutting room floor.

The super annoying karate kid grew up to be the head of the yakuza...

Oh wow, a *en thieving bank milking the female agenda card. As a father of a 16 year old girl I agree with everything that's the sentiment of that ad, but * the bank. Robber barons.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey, I've got a revolutionary idea for a Sportsbet commercial: How about one or two guys that like sports, but aren't complete and utter f**kwits?

A close relation of the 'Guys who take sports too seriously and it takes over their regular lives' idea that's only been done about a billion times now, or a commercial that could be flogging anything really, but just ensure that you have a Homer Simpson-esque male character and a Mensa-candidate female character.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The Seek ad where they're sitting around the table in the boardroom in speedos.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Hey, I've got a revolutionary idea for a Sportsbet commercial: How about one or two guys that like sports, but aren't complete and utter f**kwits?

A close relation of the 'Guys who take sports too seriously and it takes over their regular lives' idea that's only been done about a billion times now, or a commercial that could be flogging anything really, but just ensure that you have a Homer Simpson-esque male character and a Mensa-candidate female character.

They are also clearly watching Premier League and La Liga games in broad daylight. Either they are in Europe/USA watching the games in a house or the ad is not accurate.

The matchmaking ad where she is selecting a bottle of French wine, didn't see her pay for it. Shoplifting?
I commented elsewhere but if a bloke has a bird coming over to his place , he gives 2 squirts of goats-piss WHAT she brings.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
prob been said before but the "deep heat" ad where the guy is meant to play tennis against his wife, and he thinks he can beat her because she has a sore back (prob shaggers back from pegging him) or something, and she uses the muscle rub and smashes him...
Really? Seems like a purely harmless ad to me, I don't understand the irritation with that one in particular.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
prob been said before but the "deep heat" ad where the guy is meant to play tennis against his wife, and he thinks he can beat her because she has a sore back (prob shaggers back from pegging him) or something, and she uses the muscle rub and smashes him...
Another added to the list of ads specifically aimed at making men look bad by potraying them as sexist, stupid or incompetent. Eff these ad agencies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back