FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Think TV ad where the guy is singing all the old jingles.
Bloody woeful.

It's kind of sad how advertising has gone:
  • create original jingle to promote product
  • rip off popular tune and change lyrics to promote product
  • rip off popular commercial catchphrases to promote product

It's kind of sad how advertising has gone:
  • create original jingle to promote product
  • rip off popular tune and change lyrics to promote product
  • rip off popular commercial catchphrases to promote product

Coles are the absolute worst when it comes to this. * Coles.

Who is she though?

I at least recognise the male rugby player as he was a bit of a cult favourite a couple of years ago prior chasing money in Europe, but I have no clue who she is. And I've never understood the point brands using "famous" people as spokespeople if they have little cut-through in the desired market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Think TV ad where the guy is singing all the old jingles.
Bloody woeful.

It was kinda cute the first time

Every other time :oops:

Those underwear ads with that honey badger bloke. Seriously, only rugby could produce a freak like him

Oh God yes

Saying weird phrases meant to be the Aussiest thing ever? :huh:

I'm not a violent man but I really, really want to deck that guy

The dating ad, where a woman is on the couch and then it looks like the man goes down on her, but he's actually just giving her a footrub, is a bit demeaning. Also the scenario where she is watching a man do yoga and smiling to herself is creepy, she is depicted as some sort of predator, scouting for men. All the other scenarios in this dating ad series seem innocent enough.

My favourite ad:- The one with Ed Kavalee and the Hilux, where it ends with the two babies dancing around on baby carriers, to the music of "Riverdance".

My least favourite at the moment is for some language app, where some bald idiot thinks he is clever because he can make an empty sauce bottle sound like a whale singing. What a dickhead!

Also the scenario where she is watching a man do yoga and smiling to herself is creepy, she is depicted as some sort of predator, scouting for men.

I think she's meant to be smiling because the guy the site hooked her up with agreed to come to yoga with her despite being hopeless at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back