FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have said "Actually young man, exposure to the microbes prevalent in outdoors environments is important in establishing a healthy and robust immune system in developing children. Over-sterilising is more detrimental than beneficial", but yours works as well

Also, if I carried around bottles of Dettoll and tried to apply it to other kids' hands when I was that age my school life would have been a living nightmare.

Parents, please don't make your kids do this unless you want them to be teased mercilessly.
Wait for the kids to discover the gel is flammable, then watch the lawsuits & product recalls appear.

I thought parodies of song are fair use, so it's 'ok'?

Apparently not.

I heard "Weird" Al Yankovic, master satirist of songs, being interviewed. He said that he or his management have approached every single artist about permission to use their song before he parodied it. Most of the time, they are completely cool about it, and often enjoy what he does with their songs.

He did say that the only artist to ever turn him down was Prince, so he couldn't parody any of his songs. He couldn't just go "Stuff Prince, I will do it anyway".

So even he had to get permission before he can use any song. I bet if "Weird" Al was going to parody "We're not going to take it", he would have approached Dee Snyder first.

correct - plus any ad in general that ends with people dancing like moronic f***wits

I'm looking at you air-tasker and Amart.

My theory of group dancing on TV, or in ads is this:-

-There is always at least one person who is heavily embarrassed about doing it, but does it because he doesn't want to be the only one to say "No".

-There is also always at least one person who is completely lacking any self-awareness and gets right into it, embarrassing themselves, and looking like a fool, but they don't care.

Watch next time they have something like this, and look at the facial expressions, and you will see what I mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently not.

I heard "Weird" Al Yankovic, master satirist of songs, being interviewed. He said that he or his management have approached every single artist about permission to use their song before he parodied it. Most of the time, they are completely cool about it, and often enjoy what he does with their songs.

He did say that the only artist to ever turn him down was Prince, so he couldn't parody any of his songs. He couldn't just go "Stuff Prince, I will do it anyway".

So even he had to get permission before he can use any song. I bet if "Weird" Al was going to parody "We're not going to take it", he would have approached Dee Snyder first.

I would have thought a parody would fall under being a type of cover version. Quite often lyrics and even the melody are changed in a cover. As long as the artists gets a song writing credit.

Strange that MJ okayed Beat It but Prince said no - would have thought it would be the other way around

I would have thought a parody would fall under being a type of cover version. Quite often lyrics and even the melody are changed in a cover. As long as the artists gets a song writing credit.

Strange that MJ okayed Beat It but Prince said no - would have thought it would be the other way around

Apparently MJ loved "Eat It", which allowed "Weird" Al to follow up with "Fat".

Prince is apparently very protective and anal about his music. He even hates covers of his own songs, (such as "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor and "Kiss" by Tom Jones). He even refused for a long time to even have his songs be allowed on Youtube, saying that the internet is a fad and it would die out in ten years.

Apparently MJ loved "Eat It", which allowed "Weird" Al to follow up with "Fat".

Prince is apparently very protective and anal about his music. He even hates covers of his own songs, (such as "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor and "Kiss" by Tom Jones). He even refused for a long time to even have his songs be allowed on Youtube, saying that the internet is a fad and it would die out in ten years.

Suppose it makes sense MJ did seem to have a good sense of humour. Appearing in the Simpsons and all. As for the covers can understand Kiss but Sinead's version is incredible and the public agreed.

Maccas ad where the granny has a IOU $6 from when they were 16. That would be at least 50 years ago when pounds were the currency
And the equivalent value today would be well over $100. No need to eat maccas

The industry super ads where the banks agents have dollars appearing their hands after signing off on a ‘product’

They have a lot more bite after the banking royal commission, Whalen there is no indication anything has changed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back