FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The new Vodafone ad with the blonde woman walking down a dark alley towards the camera talking about her new phone doesn't so much piss me off, but confuses me.

It just doesn't make sense
Just imagine how confused (and pissed off) she must be...brand new phone, in the middle of the cbd yet she only has one bar of reception!

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
The recent Aldi ad where Dicko pleads with Sarah to come back to Aldi. After asking Sarah to "give it another go" he takes a bite from a piece of fruit and then smiles into the camera while he pushes his trolley. Does this mean Aldi don't mind us chewing on an apple or pear as do our shopping?

RelaxMax

Who... moi?
10k Posts LL Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal Harry Potter Fan
Oct 1, 2015
a long way from the top
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The skoda ad only works if you listen to it all the way through to hear the little girl's real voice at the end

I read it like this... it's her mum and dad who think she sounds like a contestant for the voice, the rest of the world hear what she really sounds like

The skoda ad only works if you listen to it all the way through to hear the little girl's real voice at the end

I read it like this... it's her mum and dad who think she sounds like a contestant for the voice, the rest of the world hear what she really sounds like

still don't understand how or why this is supposed to make you want to buy a car

Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The voltaren emu gel ad where the umpire is grunting and groaning during the tennis match because he's got a sore neck. After he cures his pain with the emu gel, somebody in the crowd makes a little noise during play. He then says quiet please ladies and gentlemen, whilst looking into the camera looking far too pleased with himself for my liking.

Short version of the ad

MACCAS - " Our burgers are now hotter , jucier and tastier !! "

ME -

is he though.jpg

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
That Cadbury ad with the little girl buying a block of chocolate for her mum’s birthday. Dunno, just makes me cringe. Can’t stand it.

Part of the reason I hate that ad is because she asks for a chocolate bar however the shopkeeper hands her what is clearly a block, not a bar. I really hope somebody got fired over that blunder.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
The new iphone ad about the longer lasting batteries and the way it ends with the little girl asleep with the phone in her hand. i dunno, kind of disturbing.

"now you and your kids can be Apples slaves during every waking moment, yay!"

Aren't there bulk studies out there detailing how harmful extended use of tablets/phones etc is for children?

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The new NAB ad "A Story Of Progress" where a girl is talking to her father about her dreams, and his responses are "You're not on about that again" and "What about your job"?

Yeah, thanks for the support, Dad.

Maybe the money this girl saves from NAB she could use for an emancipation.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Plus 2 for the IPhone sleep ad.

And yet most IPhones batteries are pathetic. Make a reasonable battery from the start you idiots

Back