FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dad and daughter bank app ad - can’t decide who is more annoying - Dad trying to be cool or daughter constantly 🙄

The app-vantage one?

Stop trying to make app-vantage happen! It’s not going to happen!

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
The weight loss ad where the narrator days "his friends think he's a loser". You shouldn't describe something as a thought when it's an actual tangible thing like reducing one's weight. It's incongruent and jarring.

Not to mention "thinking someone is a loser" is a knock on their personality and moralic decisions. Not due to how many caloriès they do or don't eat.

"His friends see him as a loser" is a little less cutting and more ambiguous, to take the the edge off calling someone a loser outright, whilst still keeping the shock value.

Considering you can visually attest to someone losing weight, it's a no brainer.

Especially as the theme of the ad is (attempting to be) positive at the core. It's too jarring to just go from a super horrible insult to a positive message, unless the visuals are suitably silly

Classic example of good idea, terrible execution

Last edited:

Dad and daughter bank app ad - can’t decide who is more annoying - Dad trying to be cool or daughter constantly 🙄
When her friend in the car says " I can't deal "...like SHE'S the daughter

Like, WTF, who writes this s**t

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Oh, I also hate the new BUPA ads that have people doing stupid/dangerous s**t while looking at and talking to the camera.

Every time I see them, I hope the worst happens to the people in those ads (the rugby player getting clotheslined, the chick trips and has the full cabinet fall on her etc)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
In Perth we have an ad for 96fm, where it shows a close up of a single guy's face virtually orgasming from listening to some old rock songs

Super cringe

They're targeting middle aged people, so the ad campaign should have been a bunch of middle aged people dressed in their best 80s get up all having a drunken sing along with mullet wigs on. Maybe playing air guitar.

Since they're basically saying 'remember your nostalgia guys!!'

Last edited:
In Perth we have an ad for 96fm, where it shows a close up of a single guy's face virtually orgasming from listening to some old rock songs

Super cringe

They're targeting middle aged people, so the ad campaign should have been a bunch of middle aged people dressed in their best 80s get up all having a drunken sing along with mullet wigs on. Maybe playing air guitar.

Since they're basically saying 'remember your nostalgia guys!!'

did we air guitar in the 80s? didn't we use tennis racquets and broomsticks?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
" it's what i was made for bEcAuSe i wAsnT mAdE fOr eAtiNg...."

YOU'RE A fu**EN PIE, YOU DUMB campaigner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get the need to have a one-liner...but fu** me, make some effort

TV gets muted everytime those ads come on with that extremely irritating Boomer sounding talking Pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back