Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Ads don't usually bother me because I rarely pay attention to them and can easily block them out.

BUT even if I'm in another room, there's a line that always seems louder than anything else on tv: "WE SHOULD GET SUSHI, CAROL".

As per most ads, it still took me weeks to figure out what the ad was actually for. Apparently, you can get sushi on EBay!?

You can actually get this on a tshirt now, it has developed a bit of a cult following for some reason.

Nah he’s wearing headphones he bought on ebay, hence he’s speaking to Carol very loudly.

Can someone tell me what the last guy stands up and yells out?
I cannot make out what he says and for some reason it pi55es me off lol.

That henpecked bloke in the Temple and Webster ads is getting sadder and sadder.

Girlfriend brushes off his marriage proposal to rush out and take delivery of the new furniture. Then casually tells him she accepts later as they’re sitting down to dinner.

His mates would’ve staged an intervention by now, if he had any.

Needs more female representation
Are females into online betting as much as the cohort portrayed in all these ads? There would be some, probably, but I’d think they’d be solo bettors, not into regular groups. Having said that, there was a punting group at my last workplace that contained some women, but I’m pretty sure that was their only interest.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Are females into online betting as much as the cohort portrayed in all these ads? There would be some, probably, but I’d think they’d be solo bettors, not into regular groups. Having said that, there was a punting group at my last workplace that contained some women, but I’m pretty sure that was their only interest.

Women rarely appear in gambling ads - because the target market is men, simply because 1 in 5 who regularly punt are men. Why, well for one thing most men have far bigger ego's which often means they interpret risk on gambling as more of a challenge, disregarding potential/inevitable losses.

Ego and related narcissistic attitudes is also the main reason most women are generally better salespeople than men.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever bought a product specifically because of an ad? They don't make me buy anything, in fact they annoy me into purposely doing the opposite.

Yep. If/when I ever get new blinds, that Blind Factory arsehole can EAD. I couldnt even give a s**t if they're cheaper, I'd go some place else.

Back