FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

The Maccas ad with everyone singing Livin on a Prayer.

No idea what one has to do with the other.

I'm assuming it's showing us diversity, look at the Asians getting Maccas! Look at the lesbians on a scooter getting Maccas! Looks at the big scary maori's getting Maccas!

And they're ALL singing along to Bon Jovi- so while they are diverse, they're all bogans at the end of the day.

I'm assuming it's showing us diversity, look at the Asians getting Maccas! Look at the lesbians on a scooter getting Maccas! Looks at the big scary maori's getting Maccas!

And they're ALL singing along to Bon Jovi- so while they are diverse, they're all bogans at the end of the day.
Diversity in ads is fine in some but in many it looks embarrassingly inappropriate. There’s a car ad that has parents in the front seats looking Middle Eastern, two kids in the back, one Asian, the other white. there are others where they get the mix just wrong (in my obviously biased opinion 😉).

Diversity in ads is fine in some but in many it looks embarrassingly inappropriate. There’s a car ad that has parents in the front seats looking Middle Eastern, two kids in the back, one Asian, the other white. there are others where they get the mix just wrong (in my obviously biased opinion 😉).

I'm not saying its not fine.

Ads suck period anyway. Diverse or non diverse + I do my best to put them all on mute.

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton

Just a s**t guess, but is it because they are playing off the 'we're halfway there' line in the song? Getting it into folks heads that on a long road-trip you stop at the halfway point to go to Macca's?

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

I caught the tail end of Gruen talking about this ad. One of the ad execs made a good point; Macca’s is an integral part of Aussie summers. Not because we all eat the food but when we’re driving from point a to point b, how many of us nip into Maccas for a quick piss or a McShit?

Now the days of us all having to listen to the same music via the one radio and mum’s or dad’s choice rendering the Bon Jovi song a touch redundant - but it does touch on a nostalgia aspect for people my age (mainly all parents now) where we used to do stuff like that.

As far as Macca’s ads go I reckon it’s nailed it from an Aus summer POV

Just a sh*t guess, but is it because they are playing off the 'we're halfway there' line in the song? Getting it into folks heads that on a long road-trip you stop at the halfway point to go to Macca's?
Ah of course.

*fwiw my road trips are usually an hour and a half i dont stop at all.

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
Watching the NFL this morning on 7mate and the "influencer" bloke who has never had a shave in his life is back with his Gillette "besterest" ads. What a joke.

Also, they are flogging the bogan "big job, eh?" and "lookin' ripper" CBUS ads - beyond cringeworthy.

Watching the NFL this morning on 7mate and the "influencer" bloke who has never had a shave in his life is back with his Gillette "besterest" ads. What a joke.

Also, they are flogging the bogan "big job, eh?" and "lookin' ripper" CBUS ads - beyond cringeworthy.
Like that d-h ex basketballer bullying those women, “philosophising is a word”. Awful person.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can someone PLEASE kill those disgusting Man Shake ads. FFS. ENOUGH. :mad:
simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015