FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

*just to be devil's advocate for a second- the ads during the Australian Open (in general) have been really good tbh- And do not piss me off.
/not that I'm paying close attention to them but still..

The only one that's fair dinkum wanna stab my eyes out is those ******* knobs on the ANZ ad.

Otherwise- all good! :)

Diversity in ads is fine in some but in many it looks embarrassingly inappropriate. There’s a car ad that has parents in the front seats looking Middle Eastern, two kids in the back, one Asian, the other white. there are others where they get the mix just wrong (in my obviously biased opinion 😉).
Casting is a dying art generally. Those Life Insurance ads during morning TV always have the most mis-matched couples, you are thinking "women like her don't marry blokes like him" The direction too is all off, women greeting or touching their "husband" as she would her brother or workmate. There is one at the moment where they're in a taxi and he hasn't downloaded a kids game or some crap, again, she "looks" 50 and from Camberwell, he looks 30 and from Point Cook and they have little kids

Yeah the Industry Super Fund ad.
Discount Liu Kang, leave Gay Jack Black alone. He clearly doesn't want to join your stinking Super Fund and is just saying okay cause he's too nice to tell you to stick your Super Fund up your arse.

Discount Liu Kang, leave Gay Jack Black alone. He clearly doesn't want to join your stinking Super Fund and is just saying okay cause he's too nice to tell you to stick your Super Fund up your arse.

“too nice”, or is he scared of the other bloke and his four-metre-long arm?

Yeah I mentioned this earlier, why super fund ads they always act as smug arrogant pricks.

Man Shake ads are pretty bad

Doesn't anyone understand a calorie restriction results in fat loss?

The Noom ad, where the guy doesn't know that there's a thing called a doggie bag where you take home what you can't fit in when you eat at a restaurant. You don't have to explode at the table Monty Python style.

*. ING. MOR. ONS

No wonder why there are so many fat campaigners in the world

A combined IQ of 3

Last edited:
Man Shake ads are pretty bad

Doesn't anyone understand a calorie restriction results in fat loss?
It's an interesting one, might be okay for people that want to lose a little bit of weight quickly, but the man shake is targeting people that want to lose a lot of weight, but you can't stay on them forever. It's not sustainable, it takes a long time to put on that weight so it's going to take a long time to lose it, these no quick fix best solution is to be calorie deficit. On topic a lady I worked with was on a diet where she would fast for the majority of the day, I was also trying to drop weight and did it by calorie deficit, she ended up putting weight back on I haven't personally I need to have breakfast there's no way I could wait until 1pm or whatever time it was.

It's an interesting one, might be okay for people that want to lose a little bit of weight quickly, but the man shake is targeting people that want to lose a lot of weight, but you can't stay on them forever. It's not sustainable, it takes a long time to put on that weight so it's going to take a long time to lose it, these no quick fix best solution is to be calorie deficit. On topic a lady I worked with was on a diet where she would fast for the majority of the day, I was also trying to drop weight and did it by calorie deficit, she ended up putting weight back on I haven't personally I need to have breakfast there's no way I could wait until 1pm or whatever time it was.

I hate fasting or whatever, it ******* sucks. I wake up every day, ravenous as * and either eat eggs, weetbix or oatmeal to actually give me energy for the day

Overeating is a psychological problem and should be treated as such

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate fasting or whatever, it ******* sucks. I wake up every day, ravenous as fu** and either eat eggs, weetbix or oatmeal to actually give me energy for the day

Overeating is a psychological problem and should be treated as such
When I decided to 'diet' in 2020, I spoke to my mate who is very knowledgeable in weight training and diet. He told me I can still have desert just smaller portions. I only have desert once a week anyway. My main problem was the amount of coke I would drink in a day and also would have chocolate for a snack. Once I cut those two out I found it pretty easy to eat well throughout the day and lose weight.

*just to be devil's advocate for a second- the ads during the Australian Open (in general) have been really good tbh- And do not piss me off.
/not that I'm paying close attention to them but still..

The only one that's fair dinkum wanna stab my eyes out is those ******* knobs on the ANZ ad.

Otherwise- all good! :)

I assume you are talking about "we can finance if we want to .... and if my friends dont finance then they're no friends of mine"?

When I decided to 'diet' in 2020, I spoke to my mate who is very knowledgeable in weight training and diet. He told me I can still have desert just smaller portions. I only have desert once a week anyway. My main problem was the amount of coke I would drink in a day and also would have chocolate for a snack. Once I cut those two out I found it pretty easy to eat well throughout the day and lose weight.
The CSIRO plan is very effective for weightloss and you get to eat a mountain of food. It’s all about the nutritional balance.

They have replaced the NZ woman in those Athena ads with that one from The Project, but the role is still the same, playing the supercilious matron, like so many women in TV ads. Another like that is the UberEats one where he forgets the Shiraz; he's dumb, she's smart, but he delivers the punchline and we identify with him. One which goes against the grain is the Toyota one where she has the teddy in her handbag 😕 she screws up and it makes her endearing

They have replaced the NZ woman in those Athena ads with that one from The Project, but the role is still the same, playing the supercilious matron, like so many women in TV ads. Another like that is the UberEats one where he forgets the Shiraz; he's dumb, she's smart, but he delivers the punchline and we identify with him. One which goes against the grain is the Toyota one where she has the teddy in her handbag 😕 she screws up and it makes her endearing

Reminds me of that episode of 3rd rock from where tommy, Harry and Sally enter a poem writing competition for kids. Harry suggests writing about world peace and tommy replies with 'uncharted territory'. That's how I imagine those meetings go when someone suggests make the man dumb and the women the smart sensible one. This is Uncharted territory!

My favourite is the one where he’s at some sort of fake press conference and he’s in the middle of talking, but the ad time allocated is so short it just cuts him off.
Have started reporting United Australia Party ads for "Violating counterfeit goods policy".
Probably won't do anything. It's mostly for my own amusement.

ANZ Safety Dance one - dreadful - but rare in that we now get the unedited version; normally they will start off a campaign with the full version then after a while chop it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back