Adventure Time

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
For Christmas in 2014, my partner's brother bought me season one of Adventure Time on DVD. I'd seen it referenced all over the internet but had never seen a single second of footage. Fast forward to the present and this is easily my favourite western produced animation, rivaled only by The Simpsons' golden era. I think it's often quickly dismissed but it surprised me with its mix of depth and emotion (e.g., Marcy and Simon flashbacks, Finn's character development and family troubles) with lighthearted and silly moments than remind me of simpler times in life. In my opinion, the show is criminally underrated and doesn't have the audience it deserves. This is probably not the right forum to espouse my adoration for the show but if there are any other fans out there, share the Adventure Time love.

Vaple

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good call but unfortunately has an annoying fanbase. Probably the only flaw really.

Love the Marcelline and Simon story as mentioned

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's probably true. Before I'd ever seen the show, I do recall thinking that. I only personally know three people who really like it so I don't have much to go on. I like to think I'm not an annoying fan :confused:

Vaple

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's probably true. Before I'd ever seen the show, I do recall thinking that. I only personally know three people who really like it so I don't have much to go on. I like to think I'm not an annoying fan :confused:
Nah I'm sure you're alright. More referring to the freaks on tumblr and facebook pages.

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I started watching Rick & Morty not too long ago but it fell of my radar at the time for some reason I don't recall. Thanks for the prompt; I'll get back on it.

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
After that look into a show called Superjail.

Hadn't heard of this one but after educating myself, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip! I'm sad to see it's already finished but at least that means I can watch it all relatively quickly.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Im addicted ,been watching it for a while now cant wait for the new ones as they come out.
Ive watched most episodes many times and love it more.
Incredibly well written

Back