Advice for first time share investor

PP34

Finals MVP
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #1
Anyone got some advice for me as I look to get into shares?

I've read The Intelligent Investor and I'm a Business student so I have a bit of an idea about the market, P/E ratios etc.

I'm more after advice relating to where to trade etc. What are some of the best websites for live quotes, company history etc? Any good phone apps?

And in terms of buying and selling what's the best place fee wise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Banks look cheap atm.

I just use the westpac channel because I bank with them. From memory there wasn’t much difference between them and the cba channel which was the cheapest.

Duritz

Scourge of Bookmakers
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I've read The Intelligent Investor and I'm a Business student so I have a bit of an idea about the market, P/E ratios etc.

I'm more after advice relating to where to trade etc. What are some of the best websites for live quotes, company history etc? Any good phone apps?

Don’t get salty, just buy Walties.

AFL Club
GWS
Hey, you can put your money in funds management. Investing in mutual or international funds can be a great idea, as they are the long term investment type. Also, investing in Australian funds management, secure your money. Presently, people are getting more interest in investing in international funds. You can also invest in international funds.

Bobby P

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WHU Dallas Swansea Raiders Brumbies
Selfwealth have been quite good for me since I swapped to them. $9.50 per trade. The app is not the greatest but it works. I'd be looking at shares that pay a dividend and re-invest it through the dividend reinvestment plan to avoid brokerage and compound. Get on hotcopper and read. All things to look at.

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm more after advice relating to where to trade etc. What are some of the best websites
Take a profit when you see it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Totally depends on your risk profile.

<edit> misread your post...

I use nabtrade myself, but i dont recommend it. I'm shopping around and currently trying out IG Markets - but thats not an endorsement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom