Tertiary and Continuing Advice Nedded (Law Degree)

Remove this Banner Ad

freofc1994

All Australian
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Giants, Chelsea
Hi All

Looking for some advice in going back to Uni and obtaining a Law Degree. Hoping that perhaps some of you have chosen that path and could give me some advice on what to expect from contact hours to employment opportunities...pros and cons.

I work within the Health and Safety industry. Trade qualified carpenter and joiner I then went onto get qualifications in WHS and Training and Assessment. Have been working in WHS/IM for about 7 years now.

I'm interested in Litigation and Workers Comp line of Law. Anyone here have similar mid-life change of career into Law??

TIA

I started my Juris Doctor at the start of the year after having a bit of a not-quite-mid-yet-life crisis. I'm doing it online so I can choose when my contact hours are - I just need to make sure I do it all! But I'm still managing to comfortably fit full-time work in around it. And I'm really enjoying the course so far. I'd done a bit of law in my undergrad, so knew I enjoyed that kind of study, which has certainly helped with the motivation to get the work done.

Have you done any work experience in a law firm before? My suggestion is to give it a go before you become too keen on this idea.

I don't work in workers comp so I can't really speak for it but I know someone who has worked in workers comp and motor vehicle accident. Not too sure about employment opportunities in that field but contact hours are reasonable, especially when you compare it to rest of the legal profession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back