Society/Culture Advice needed! What type of business would you invest in if you had 500k or 1million?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gamblers who spend their time studying the form of dogs, horses and footy teams would be better served studying probability.

Even after a lot of study of the stock market not many people would beat the pros. And plenty of amateurs go into it and lose money - by not having a trading plan (or having one and not back testing it), not having a money management plan, not following their plans, not having realistic goals - which leads them to speculate on crap. If you are going to do it the main emphasis should be on not losing money.
Yet I think we can all agree one of the worst things to do would be to outsource that study to the inhabitants of the political board on a football forum.

This thread will wind up being certified legendary, I can feel it.

Yet I think we can all agree one of the worst things to do would be to outsource that study to the inhabitants of the political board on a football forum.
You bite your tongue! SRP is frequented only by gentlemen and scholars.

I have just spent the last 3 ******* hours talking a ex work mate out of buying a truck. The figures just didn't add up, all he he could say "but whatabout the tax benefits"

Don't worry about the tax benefits mate, you ain't gonna make enuff $$$ to pay tax ya fu** head.
Shouldn't have done it mate, wealth is relative; the poorer your buddy gets the more everyone else gets a step up the ladder.

Thx for the tips fellas. And Fat Yak thx for the warning about small businesses. There's just too many risks especially if someone has zero experience. I think in his mind he was hoping of getting a tattslotto outlet or petrol station but still it's a risk.

No rush anyway, hes gonna consult a couple of different financial planners for advise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back