Resource Advice on Geelong tickets, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks like the best place to post this, hope you don't mind a question from a supporter of the team you belted a few weeks ago.

I was looking to get at least three tickets to the Cats v Dogs game in a couple of weeks, but it looks like there's only single seats available spread out over the ground. It is really that close to being at capacity this far out, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

This looks like the best place to post this, hope you don't mind a question from a supporter of the team you belted a few weeks ago.

I was looking to get at least three tickets to the Cats v Dogs game in a couple of weeks, but it looks like there's only single seats available spread out over the ground. It is really that close to being at capacity this far out, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

My experience is it is usually close to capacity for a good game well out. There are more members than seats.

I hope someone has a better option for you than this one that follows:
Some members do not attend all games. that equals empty seats.
! have noticed plenty of seat "grazing" going on. General admission people moving to a stand near the start of a game and finding an empty seat they use it. No one seems to check seating tickets at the entrance to the stand!! Something GFC should look into ?

As a last resort you might buy those singles in the same stand and once the game starts find a block of three unoccupied nearby. Maybe.

I usually stand but even that is quite restricted now and you have to arrive early (very) to get a spot (and it looks like only Geelong members can scan in and use standing room). Could be wrong. There were more Sydney supporters in there last week (having a great time).

It should be a cracker of a game. Doggies play the most exciting brand of footy ATM.

Thanks in advance.
Try resale.ticketmaster.com.au that is where season tickets are resold by members who aren't attending

Thanks in advance.

There is also the member resale closer to the game. Not sure of the venue but they are usually not around until the day or to before I believe...

I would suggest that if this turns into Jimmy 300th and Boris's 326 then it will b very hard to get tix late.

GO Catters

My experience is it is usually close to capacity for a good game well out. There are more members than seats.

I hope someone has a better option for you than this one that follows:
Some members do not attend all games. that equals empty seats.
! have noticed plenty of seat "grazing" going on. General admission people moving to a stand near the start of a game and finding an empty seat they use it. No one seems to check seating tickets at the entrance to the stand!! Something GFC should look into ?

As a last resort you might buy those singles in the same stand and once the game starts find a block of three unoccupied nearby. Maybe.

I usually stand but even that is quite restricted now and you have to arrive early (very) to get a spot (and it looks like only Geelong members can scan in and use standing room). Could be wrong. There were more Sydney supporters in there last week (having a great time).

It should be a cracker of a game. Doggies play the most exciting brand of footy ATM.

Try resale.ticketmaster.com.au that is where season tickets are resold by members who aren't attending

There is also the member resale closer to the game. Not sure of the venue but they are usually not around until the day or to before I believe...

I would suggest that if this turns into Jimmy 300th and Boris's 326 then it will b very hard to get tix late.

GO Catters
Cheers guys, sounds like it's going to be tough but there's some good advice there. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all for a great game (better than last time hopefully).

Last edited:
Cheers guys, sounds like it's going to be tough but there's some good advice there. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all for a great game (better than last time hopefully).
There's quite often blocks of opposition supporters in the seats between the players stand and the hickey stand, so I'd say that the club (footscray) would have access to them. Might be worth making a call to them?
I know in the past I've been to the Adelaide oval and got tickets of GFC and not ticketmaster, so that could be a possibility.
Good luck though.

There's quite often blocks of opposition supporters in the seats between the players stand and the hickey stand, so I'd say that the club (footscray) would have access to them. Might be worth making a call to them?
I know in the past I've been to the Adelaide oval and got tickets of GFC and not ticketmaster, so that could be a possibility.
Good luck though.
Cheers mate, I'll try this too.

You're a helpful bunch, I appreciate it.

Cheers mate, I'll try this too.

You're a helpful bunch, I appreciate it.
You are up against it I think for tickets... Friday night game, a potentially good/big game, reduced capacity this year... and on top of that likely to be Jimmys 300th and Boris Enright breaking the Cats game record.

But you can only try... and hope something comes up

We couldn't get tickets together for the Eagles game and we tried to get them pre-season.

I'd disagree about the ticket grazing comment above. Went to the Swans game and never seen more nazi like officials checking tickets. Must have been 3 of them for one bay of spectators. Maybe depends on the area of the ground.

Delete if I'm not aloud to post this here but I'm looking for 2 seats side by side for the Cats and dogs game in 2 weeks. Will come pick up and pay in cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure it is mate. I no there is a few seats left but none side by side.
I'm of no help mate, hopefully you find what you're looking for and the match is a classic.

Look for members returning tix but with it being Jimmy 300 and Boris 326....

Goodluck... it will be tough...
GO Catters

We couldn't get tickets together for the Eagles game and we tried to get them pre-season.

I'd disagree about the ticket grazing comment above. Went to the Swans game and never seen more nazi like officials checking tickets. Must have been 3 of them for one bay of spectators. Maybe depends on the area of the ground.
Don't sit in the wrong seat at KP it will result in being flogged over the head with a thermos of tea and a knitting needle through the eye,those old broads are very possessive.Your fair dinkum safer on the ground.

Thanks mate where happy to stand or sit just want to be together.
I'd say around 5pm on the day extra tickets go on sale. Don't quote me on that time though. Check out the website or our club twitter feed.
There is usually a good atmosphere in the outer too, downside is standing for 2 hours. :'(

Hey guys, sorry to intrude.

I wanted to buy 2 tickets to the geelong game next week for my dads birthday. I found some on the ticketmaster site for $103 a pop. Im happy to get them but first i thought id get some advice off you guys to see if it was worth it or if there was somewhere else we should sit or if theres another way we could get some.

The tickets i found are 'PSu5' row n.

Cheers guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back