AE AE 2019 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm up for playing... someone else would need to maintain the comp week to week though.
I'm snowed under with work sorry.

If we got a full season Id play
But if its comprimised I wouldnt want to
So yeah.

I think it's worth taking a break, cover ourselves.
Or we could go with a year without $ involved?

I wonder if we should be getting JD to weigh in on this.

If we look at other examples of global sport with late fixture announcements, scheduling changes etc - that's a lot of work to be asking someone to do on the webpage, often on very short notice.

I think I'd personally be giving AE a miss this year. I think that, if we get a season, it's going to be too much of a cluster* for a competition like this to have integrity, and I can't in good conscience just expect JD to likely need to do additional work at short notice. Maybe it'll be different if he contributes saying he's happy to do it.

I wonder if we should be getting JD to weigh in on this.

If we look at other examples of global sport with late fixture announcements, scheduling changes etc - that's a lot of work to be asking someone to do on the webpage, often on very short notice.

I think I'd personally be giving AE a miss this year. I think that, if we get a season, it's going to be too much of a clusterfu** for a competition like this to have integrity, and I can't in good conscience just expect JD to likely need to do additional work at short notice. Maybe it'll be different if he contributes saying he's happy to do it.

Yeah fair enough - probably not gonna happen this year even if a season gets going

We're inching closer to running an AE season again this year with JeffDunne being ok to fire up the AE website.

Even with any difficulties that arise with scheduling JD doesn't think this will pose a problem.

Looking for some feedback around interest if we ran a scaled back comp this season, possibly involving not doing Next Dual with peterbuch74 's time limited due to work pressures and just running CR tipping and the other comps like 3XKO, High Roller etc.

Nothing confirmed, just weighing up options before JD gets fully up and about with the website.

Is there enough interest ? Would not running ND turn people off ?

We're inching closer to running an AE season again this year with JeffDunne being ok to fire up the AE website.

Even with any difficulties that arise with scheduling JD doesn't think this will pose a problem.

Looking for some feedback around interest if we ran a scaled back comp this season, possibly involving not doing Next Dual with peterbuch74 's time limited due to work pressures and just running CR tipping and the other comps like 3XKO, High Roller etc.

Nothing confirmed, just weighing up options before JD gets fully up and about with the website.

Is there enough interest ? Would not running ND turn people off ?

I'll be up for any kind of comp that runs, happy to pay the normal entry fee as well (as I assume there will be less participants so prize money for each comp will be reduced)

Even if it's just straight CR but 3xko and hot streak would be good too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing we should try to start recruiting people from now and decide later if we need to have money involved.
Ive got no problem in being involved if it’s for pride only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back