AE AE 2019 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had another look and made a few mistakes of mine.
So now that its all fixed
Looking at the Ripcord Bowl

Colts win/tie
1. Moo (89)
=2. Bloods_33, Dirty Bird (88)
=4. Oscarman, Showbag (86)
6. Island Bomber (84)

Saints win
=1. Bloods_33, Dirty Bird, Moo (101)
4. Oscarman (99)
5. Showbag (98)
6. Island Bomber (97)

So, if New Orleans win, we have to go to tiebreakers
DZE Tie-breaker to be determined but this was last season's criteria:
1. Most Winners
2. MNF result Countback
3. CR Countback starting with MNF
3. CR total score countback / previous week total score.

Most winners: Moo and Dirty Bird 11, Bloods_33 10
MNF result countback: Moo 12, Dirty Bird 13 - Do I win because I went heavier? Does Moo win because he went lighter? Does it go to the 3rd tiebreaker because both got it right?
If the latter: CR countback starting with MNF, goes to SNF next, Moo Pittsburgh 1, Dirty Bird Buffalo 4

Who would win with a Saints win?
Moo or myself?

I just had another look and made a few mistakes of mine.
So now that its all fixed
Looking at the Ripcord Bowl

Colts win/tie
1. Moo (89)
=2. Bloods_33, Dirty Bird (88)
=4. Oscarman, Showbag (86)
6. Island Bomber (84)

Saints win
=1. Bloods_33, Dirty Bird, Moo (101)
4. Oscarman (99)
5. Showbag (98)
6. Island Bomber (97)

So, if New Orleans win, we have to go to tiebreakers
DZE Tie-breaker to be determined but this was last season's criteria:
1. Most Winners
2. MNF result Countback
3. CR Countback starting with MNF
3. CR total score countback / previous week total score.

Most winners: Moo and Dirty Bird 11, Bloods_33 10
MNF result countback: Moo 12, Dirty Bird 13 - Do I win because I went heavier? Does Moo win because he went lighter? Does it go to the 3rd tiebreaker because both got it right?
If the latter: CR countback starting with MNF, goes to SNF next, Moo Pittsburgh 1, Dirty Bird Buffalo 4

Who would win with a Saints win?
Moo or myself?
Dirty Bird gets the win. On count back number 2. DB 13 beats Moo 12

I hope we meet in week 17:cool:

I got a tall order ahead of me

but yes, it would be sweet indeed, I always enjoy disposing of any backer of a black and yellow team...footy or gridiron :)

En
Ah I missed that

Ended up being a Fail Mary 🤷‍♂️

Knocked out in ND and 3XKO this week - been fun playing this year thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Congrats on your win this week Showbag I tried to go down swinging 😉

Thanks. Did not think you would be risking more $$$$ for finishing top 3 for only a $50 guarantee.

Yeah exactly plus l really couldn't see Indy winning and I'm still alive in 3XKO so for the overall l didn't want to lose 13 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah exactly plus l really couldn't see Indy winning and I'm still alive in 3XKO so for the overall l didn't want to lose 13 points.
I'm sure Dirty Bird and myself wouldn't have minded you doing that:p:p:p:p:p:p

Ask GG what his selections are for that week, and then pick the exact opposite.
if GG is a perennial bottom 5 placer, then this strategy will make you a perennial top 5 placer.
Actually.
Youd be considerably worse
Of 15 weeks this year, this stratergy would only have done better 3 weeks
The 2 upset rounds where we saw chaos
And week 13 when you had to tip upset after upset after upset hoping for one of those chaotic weeks again just to fluke your way into playoffs.

Youd be so considerably worse, youd be dead last, 200 points behind 39th
Which is impressive considering 39th didn't submit many tips in week 1 and didn't tip anything in weeks 14 and 15

I wonder whether Id have done better in week 13 had I done my own tips.
I thought my lead was big enough I could play it safe.
So I tipped based off Kenneth Masseys projection.
balmainforever closed the gap by 9 that week, making me sweat and going back to tipping what I think with zero outside influence.

Congrats to AmericanCrow ... I decided to upgrade the Steelers to 14 to prove my faith in my team but as it was... they F***'d me hard .. :rolleyes:

Could of easily stuck with the Nawlins Saints to secure a win but screw that.. it's all or nothing.

Congrats to AmericanCrow ... I decided to upgrade the Steelers to 14 to prove my faith in my team but as it was... they F***'d me hard .. :rolleyes:

Could of easily stuck with the Nawlins Saints to secure a win but screw that.. it's all or nothing.

Except you would not have won unless you put your 7 pointer on the Bills ;)

Thanks Woodson, I understand why you stuck with NO (overall chase) but I appreciate it nonetheless

not a bad bloke for a Pittsburgh Steeler backer

Can't be spineless now.. it's all or nothing.. 14 CR no turning back.. Throwback uni's were undefeated... why not ride it for an eighth time I say. My guys had plenty of opportunities.. less mistakes team won... that's how the cookie crumbled. Watched the game with a former AE / Bills fan..

Wish you well in the next round. :thumbsu:

Sorry guys, been a crazy busy last week at work... not much time to do many updates.
Here's the Next Duel playoffs setup for this week, I'll try and get to last weeks wrap up sometime tomorrow.

ND Playoff Brackets - Wk3.jpg

The final 4 in the Next Duel playoffs are:

Arrowhead Conference
#1 seed Oscarman vs #2 seed AmericanCrow

Soldier Conference
#4 seed balmainforever vs #6 seed Showbag

Good luck gentlemen!

Hopefully balmainforever wins this week

........as americancrow/Oscarman can split his attention in week 17 potentially making it less likely for him to flip on snf to take me down.

Hopefully balmainforever wins this week

........as americancrow/Oscarman can split his attention in week 17 potentially making it less likely for him to flip on snf to take me down.

$500 for first
$200 to win ND.
WHERE WILL MY PRIORITIES LIE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back