AE AE 2021 Bigfooty NFL Tipping Comp

You can play 1, 2 or 3 entries... All individual eliminators.
I've got 3 in, each with a different team selected. If they all get up, I got 3 more chances next week.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm confused what is this
Eliminator comp is normally....

Every week you can only pick one team you think will win. If you are right, you live on to next week. If wrong you are immediately eliminated from comp. Once you pick a team, you can never pick that same team again. So the longer you survive, the harder it gets with less teams you can select from.

Normally one life. But theyve made this one three separate lives each week. Three separate entries you make.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So first entry, you might pick Broncos to beat Giants. That will be called LAs Picks 1. You "add new entry" and choose Jags to beat Houston. It will be called LAs Picks 2. You "add new entry" and choose Seahawks to beat Colts.

First week NFL, broncos, Houston, Seahawks win. So entry 1 survives. Entry 2 is eliminated. Entry 3 survives.

Onto week 2, you only have two separate entries you can make. In 1 you can never choose Broncos again. In 3 you can never choose Seahawks again.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Eliminator comp is normally....

Every week you can only pick one team you think will win. If you are right, you live on to next week. If wrong you are immediately eliminated from comp. Once you pick a team, you can never pick that same team again. So the longer you survive, the harder it gets with less teams you can select from.

Normally one life. But theyve made this one three separate lives each week. Three separate entries you make.
I can't find where to do it tho. I can only see my regular picks and their confidence level?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can't find where to do it tho. I can only see my regular picks and their confidence level?

Click the link below to join that. Two separate comps run on ESPN.

Is a different ESPN site though... ESPN took over footytips.com.au that has the Hot Streak on it, footytips.com.au doesn't do confidence tipping though.

The ESPN site which we're currently signed up to does have an Eliminator game (3XKO type) but is 1 strike only... can only select a team once throughout the season, 1 strike and you're out... however you can have multiple entries... I've set it up to have 3 entries each, so you can mix and match.

AE 2021 Eliminator Challenge

Password: AE2021

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would also advise to download the ESPN fantasy app. From there you can easily run both comps from the one app location.

See screenshot from my app below where the drop down lists those pickem and eliminator comps

Screenshot_20210908-195154.png

So wait ,is there now more than one comp? if so why ? id hope all the prize money is only going to confidence still?

Dont think I can be bothered if we have more than one comp this year, would make the prize pools too small. Im out if this is the case.

Last minute too, should have been organised sooner, I joined for one straight forward tipping comp this year, not 3 or 4 different variations

OK... just some clarification. Paid AE2021 in for CR only for this year.
I've got too much on my plate at work to run the Next Duel comp and it was left very late to get the whole AE shebang up and running again.
I love this comp and along with BGT wanted to keep something up and going while we work out what's best going forward.
The Eliminator comp is part of that "suck it and see" for next year. Trial it, see if it works, if so we keep it for next season.
If you want to be in the eliminator that's cool, if not, that's cool too.

Back