AE AE 2021 PIGSKIN PICKEM - PAGE 33 ENTRY LINK

Entry Fee and Prizes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have confirmed with JeffDunne that he can get the Armchair Endzone site up and running again and any difficulties with scheduling should not be too difficult to overcome. peterbuch74 will get ND going but the time he can devote to updating scores during the round will be much more limited this year. Hopefully balmainforever will still look after the DZE competition and i will manage the 3XKO. Hot streak will be managed on the AE site.

At this stage please just indicate an interest for joining AE 2020 on this forum thread. If we get enough interest the season will go ahead, it takes an enormous amount of effort for JD to create the AE tipping site, i don't want to waste his time by asking him to start on it only for the comp to fall over through lack of interest.

Please note your interest now.

That being said, Welcome to the Official NFL Season LAUNCH for the BF Armchair Endzone 2020 comp.

This is an Australian based NFL tipping competition created by Woodson 14 years ago like no other. It wouldn't have lasted as long as it has without the participation from some of the legends of this NFL BF Board. The competition will be entering into it's fourteenth consecutive campaign which is subscription driven, online accessible, diverse and quite the OPEN BOOK challenge second to none!! A nationwide founded group of members with some residing abroad have embraced the AE over the years knowing that the integrity is sound and secure.

The Official AE Tipping site, created and run by JeffDunne is where all your competitions selections are submitted to be ready a week prior to season kick-off.

THE AE only focuses on the NFL Regular season which starts in the second week of September (Friday 11th, 10.30am AEST) and concludes 4th January 2021 (AEST)

Entry Subscription: NO COST - Due to the uncertainty around the season this will be the first season we play without fees and without prizes. Hopefully we can continue the momentum of this great competition but i would feel uncomfortable playing for prizes without fully knowing how the season will be structured. LETS PLAY AND HAVE FUN !!!!!!

Hopefully we can return to a subscription based, prize winning competition in season 2021

Competition Criteria

Six Separate Competitions

1. Confidence Rating NFL Tipping
2. 3XKO
3. NEXT DUEL
4. Drop Zone Elimination
5. HOT STREAK
6. High Roller Sweepstakes

CONFIDENCE RATING / H2H NFL Tipping: Regular Season

Tips made via the official AE tipping website (www.armchairendzone.com), the winner of each NFL regular scheduled season game with a confidence rating of 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). Total score from each of the CR values from the winning teams selected will determine the AE member's weekly points output. In the event of TIED games (after OT), NO CR points will be credited.

***********************************************************************************
Please be aware that sensitivity of electronic and manual adjustments on the AE tipping site, touching on the toggle can easily trigger a flip over to the other team on any adjustments made after your initial picks have been submitted. Autosave has occurred on any adjustments made meaning that you don't necessarily ned to 'SAVE' after your initial picks submission. Please Be aware that NO liability towards the program / AE tipping site will be accepted.
************************************************************************************

KICK-OFF 'scheduled' TIME
for each game is the deadline for submitting your selection for most regular season games but there are times when games which have a time change due to late season re-scheduling or a natural disaster occurring, then the deadline will be the new allocated timeslot.
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL will be regular feature on this seasons' schedule which means FRIDAY MORNING for Australian fans.
************************************************************************************

NO SHOWS / DEFAULT PICKS: THIS MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHAT WORKS BEST FOR peterbuch74

In 2017, we declared there was to be a change of policy which will continue for the entire 2020 regular season which considers the NEXT DUEL / DZE comps inclusive.

The AE Tipping website will be PRE-SET to ROAD TEAMS as a DEFAULT for everyone with the 1 to 16 CR value running in numerical order sequence: 1 for TNF(Thursday Night Football) up to 16 or whatever the highest CR value on that given week is, for MNF.

There will be a MULLIGAN for the first 'FULL NO SHOW' (except TNF) where you'll receive the ROAD TEAMS. No wins will be granted for Full no shows for submitting opponent on the first occurrence. On the second and subsequent occasions, the CR weekly total will be derived from the lowest CR weekly total of the poorest tipster MINUS two points.

This MEANS: NEXT DUEL results will be administered based on the Submitting score vs the road team default final score. The Second and subsequent no show is an AUTOMATIC LOSS and the winner will be declared for the person submitting their picks as a default win.

A mulligan definition: ALL SUNDAY GAMES including MNF have not been selected meaning road teams are the default. There is no guarantee an ND opponent can claim a victory against a first time NO Show, However, the NO Show CANNOT claim a ND victory with the default road teams. If the tipping opponent scores higher than the NO SHOW default score, the ND victory will be awarded to the participant who lodged their weekly selections.

Partial tips submitted: Sometimes we have LATE games submitted only along with SNF/MNF. >>> As long as there are a minimum of FOUR HOME teams of those LATE/ SNF/ MNF picks, the ND victory qualification will apply (read: it's game on!!).

********************************************************************************
The order of default CR allocation for the Sunday early games starts with time and location with east coast games taking priority as the lower CR value. The last late game of the furthest west coast located will be the highest CR before the SNF /MNF games which are the highest CR value each week.

This Pre-set concept means if you forget/ overlook to submit your weekly picks, you'll already KNOW you have the ROAD TEAMS as a default with the 3XKO teams from the last games of the week being the SNF, MNF and another late Sunday game (if applicable to your 3XKO survival status).

3XKO (pronounced Three Strikes Knockout or 3KO)
Managed by BGT2110

This next competition is a Knockout format. A three chances contest where you start with selecting THREE teams who you expect to WIN in Week 1.
To qualify for the following week, you must have correctly predicted at least one winner of these three teams. Elimination of the 3XKO contest comes in a process of THREE STRIKES against your name. A X strike counts against your name each time you fail to select that winning team which includes a tied result.

Default 3XKO picks for your weekly selections submitted, if overlooked, shall be the last three games of the week being notably MNF, SNF and the most western located venue game of the late Sunday games.

NOTE that like in 2017, restrictions will apply in a maximum LIMIT TO PICK FOR ANY SAME TEAM & AGAINST ANY SAME TEAM no more than THREE times during the (regular) season.

Note: If there is an abundant of 3XKO survivors (8+) in December, sanctions such as TWO or THREE TEAMS to be selected to fast track the culling process. Week 16 will amount to a play-off OR showdown depending on the participants remaining.

NEXT DUEL

DIVISIONS - CONFERENCES / SCHEDULE TO BE CONFIRMED IN AUGUST

This competition is purely correlated with the Confidence Rating comp. Your total weekly score is in combat with a scheduled direct opponent in a head to head match up each week for the first ELEVEN/ TWELVE weeks (depending on AE member numbers). TIED scores between opposing opponents will remain as a TIED result during the regular season. However during the ND Play-Offs, the following TIE BREAKER criteria will determine the result:

1. Most correct winning teams selected
2. Highest CR countback
3. Previous week higher CR countback score

DIVISIONS AND CONFERENCES TO BE DETERMINED WHEN NUMBERS ARE FINALISED (EVEN NUMBER REQUIRED)

2020 Play-off breakdown

DEPENDING ON FINAL NUMBERS THE BELOW MAY CHANGE ......FOR EXAMPLE IF WE GET 28 OR LESS ENTRIES WE WILL RUN 2 CONFERENCES OF 14 OR 12 ETC WITH EACH ENTRY PLAYING THE OTHER 13 ENTRIES IN YOUR CONFERENCE IN THE HOME AND AWAY ROUNDS. PLAYOFFS WILL CONSIST OF THE TOP 4 OR 6 TEAMS IN EACH CONFERENCE. CONFERENCES AND PLAYOFF NUMBERS TO BE DETERMINED UPON FINAL NUMBERS

Week 14
Each Conf will consist of EIGHT Div winners who will only qualify for play-offs.
NO WILDCARDS. - TO BE CONFIRMED BASED ON FINAL NUMBERS

ND Division Champion Tie Breaker
1. Outright best Win-Loss-Tie (percentage) record <Overall> PRIMARY
2. Divisional record Win-Loss-Tie (percentage)
3. Head to head record (if applicable)
4. Conference record Win-Loss-Tie (percentage)
5. Common opponents record (if applicable)
6. Total aggregate total against Divisional opponents
7. Most weekly scores of 100
8. CR Total
9. Countback CR Weekly total from Week 13.

BELOW SCENARIOS MAY CHANGE AS PER ABOVE NOTE

Week 14 ND Divisional Play-Offs Round 1 - TO BE CONFIRMED BASED ON FINAL NUMBERS
Eight Play-Off Match ups consisting of the sixteen ND Division Champions.
Ranked 1-8 (based on W-L record) from each Conferences
Higher Ranked vs Lower Ranked within their own Conference
ie: 1st vs 8th / 2nd vs 7th / 3th vs 6th / 4th vs 5th

Week 15 ND Divisional Play-Offs Round 2 - TO BE CONFIRMED BASED ON FINAL NUMBERS
Divisional Round : Four Play-Off Match ups x 2 conferences = 8 Competitors
Higher seed from previous week vs Lower seed within their own Conference go h2h.

Week 16 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND - TO BE CONFIRMED BASED ON FINAL NUMBERS
Conference Championship Finals
The Final Four overall for each Conference Title Championship / Equal Prize Monies awarded
to each of the CC finalist regardless of result. Two will progress for an opportunity to reap more Prize Monies.

Week 17
ND Super Bowl XI

DROP ZONE ELIMINATION

Managed / Concept by Balmainforever (TO BE CONFIRMED) aka the resident Honey Badger.

A comp correlated with weekly CR selections/ total scores.

The culling of the lowest scorers of the week. This comp start WEEK 3 this season.

For week 3 the person with the lowest score for the round will be eliminated. Then for weeks 4-14 the bottom THREE scorers will get the chop until the DZE SUPER SIX finalists contend
for Ripcord Bowl VIII title in Week 15.

DZE Tie-breaker to be determined but this was last season's criteria:
1. Most Winners
2. MNF result Countback
3. CR Countback starting with MNF
3. CR total score countback / previous week total score.

HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES

Correlated with weekly CR selections. SEVEN point bonus in Week 17 for each repeat HRS qualification.

As the name implies, the Weekly Highest CR Scorer/s qualifies for the Week 17 Raffle Romp where the highest CR scorer
clinches the 'Raffle Romp'

HOT STREAK
The aim is to selectively pick consecutive winner/s without a TIE or LOSS breaking the sequence.

If i have missed anything above please let me know.

Why doesn't bgt2110 just cough up the prize money for the comp himself and let everyone enter for free instead since he's uncomfortable ?
Probably no point seeing as though i would just win the prize anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you really gonna change teams?
I'm stupidly loyal (still hold a flame for Fitzroy), but I've lost all faith in the DC team and a lame name change and the current rumblings might just do me in. I'm now raising a Steelers fan and a Seahawks fan (plus a Washington fan who I'm trying to discourage) - 5 years ago that would have been non negotiable, but now idgaf.

I'm stupidly loyal (still hold a flame for Fitzroy), but I've lost all faith in the DC team and a lame name change and the current rumblings might just do me in. I'm now raising a Steelers fan and a Seahawks fan (plus a Washington fan who I'm trying to discourage) - 5 years ago that would have been non negotiable, but now idgaf.

Steelers and Seahawks. If my kids ever went for those teams I'd ground them for a year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Id suggest hanging in a little longer to see what this post-scandal/newname era looks like, but take on a second team "just in case" that you can switch to if you feel the bridge is burned. Id suggest you come with me to Miami (minus the + KC + Jax + TB + Cinc)

As a father you always have "do as I say not as I do" as an out. My dad was the king of it.
Absolutely. I just don't care enough about my team to pull that card as far as NFL teams go.

Absolutely. I just don't care enough about my team to pull that card as far as NFL teams go.

TBF, it's mainly the fanbases of those two teams that make me hate them. Not the players.

In
I’m happy to create the nd schedule again.
And I’d be happy to take control of 3xko during the season too (keep people in check from selecting a team too many times)

Back