AE AE14 - Proposal

There's only 3 options I can accept. And yours is not one of them.

Why should temptation be lugged onto 3xko? Why should I need to pay for some baggage I don't want just to get a traditional game in?

CR, ND and 3xko should every day of the week by automatic in any and every AE season run by Woodson. They're the staples of AE. They're the 3 that have actually been around every single season for at least the last 5 years.

These are the 3 options I can deal with.

1) Status quo option.

Subscription covers all but temptation.
Pay extra for temptation

2) Compromise between history and your 'change for changes sake philosophy' you always have.

Subscription covers the traditional 3
There's another package that covers all but temptation
Pay extra for temptation

3) Pick and choose

Subscription covers the traditional 3
Pick and choose and pay individually for everything else

History has shown that the only game where more than 5% of people have questioned it's validity was temptation. And I believe that if anyone but Woodson proposed it, it never would've been brought in last year, only way it got through was by people like me pushing for it to be an extra and had to get a special "subscription" apart from the main package to play. Many (like myself) thought it was a s**t idea and didn't want to play it. Because of this, temptation should NEVER be put in 1 package with another game. If I were forced to play temptation just to get my hands on 3xko like you have in the OP, frankly, I would opt out of 3xko and consider dropping out of AE completely just because I don't want to be forced to pay for something I don't want to play, just to get my hands on something that should, every day of the week be basic entry because of it's traditional place in AE.

#Death2Stickies

Why do I have to scroll down half a page to get past all these ****ing stickied threads?

The tag option implemented years ago was aimed at trying to get rid of these excessive stickies.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
#Death2Stickies

Why do I have to scroll down half a page to get past all these ****ing stickied threads?

The tag option implemented years ago was aimed at trying to get rid of these excessive stickies.
Damn straight hombre. I agree and fully support that. Its waiting on admin to re install the tag menus.

As much as it pains me to agree with Riggy...I do. I voted Status Quo as was not really interested in Temptation last season, but am happy with the usual games (which includes 3xko/ND/CR). That should be the 'base' package. Then have your weird and wonderful (and TLDR) comps on top if people want to play them.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
As much as it pains me to agree with Riggy...I do. I voted Status Quo as was not really interested in Temptation last season, but am happy with the usual games (which includes 3xko/ND/CR). That should be the 'base' package. Then have your weird and wonderful (and TLDR) comps on top if people want to play them.
Who asked for your opinion???

The high roller comp is the one comp that I really would not enter if I had the choice.
The idea of having only one good week to qualify for a final that involves Week 17 tipping is ludicrous.
Week 17 can be totally unreliable in what teams put out on the field. It's why a lot of fantasy games finish on week 16.

Balmainforever installed as 2-1 favourite to WIN the HRS… watch it happen folks. It's amazing how often someone bitches about a comp (well, you're just not embracing it ), and then they just carve it up.. who remembers tomatosauceling squirting some venom a couple years ago… goes on a scoring rampage in the second half of the '12 season to finish runners up and claim the LAST CHANCE SALOON title. Bouyeah!

No love for my idea :cry:

I also have been thinking about different types of games we could add into AE

This game is what I call
WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

* Each participant starts the season with $100 in their bank
* Each week I will post the odds for each game (not sure who’s odds will be used yet)
* Participants will then choose if they would like to bet or not, How much and on who they want to bet on is up to them (can only bet on the win)
* At the end of the week, I will go through and work out who lost and who won
* If you run out of money, Sorry that’s game over
* Winner is whoever has the most money at the end of the season, or whoever is the last man/woman standing

The thing about this game is, Do you bet on a roughie to get a bigger payout, or stick to a sure thing with a smaller payout?

Anyway that’s one of my ideas.

Wasn't ignored Eagleoz83.. just tweaked into 'ROLL TIDE' (play on words if you pardon the pun) as I didn't think another 'elimination' comp was neccassary as we already had 'the AE classic 3XKO' and the incumbent precautious DROP ZONE. I really think you ought to follow shiny_on_top 's lead and ROLL TIDE!! :)

$40 entry is a fair price in my opinion, if certain people don't want to fork out $40 then they have the option of not playing at all, I'm sure others will take their spot. AE has always been you pay a certain amount up front that gains you entry into whatever comps the AE brains trust deems to run that year. I wouldn't go changing something that to the majority of people has been a successful and enjoyable addition to the NFL season.

AE isn't Foxtel where you start with a basic package and add on or subtract as you like. If you are in you are in, if you are out you are out.

$40 entry is a fair price in my opinion, if certain people don't want to fork out $40 then they have the option of not playing at all, I'm sure others will take their spot. AE has always been you pay a certain amount up front that gains you entry into whatever comps the AE brains trust deems to run that year. I wouldn't go changing something that to the majority of people has been a successful and enjoyable addition to the NFL season.

AE isn't Foxtel where you start with a basic package and add on or subtract as you like. If you are in you are in, if you are out you are out.

Well said Island Bomber.

And I trust many can appreciate how much TIME & EFFORT goes into other things like 'end of season No shows' which doesn't impress me. Most do the right thing and I'm VERY APPRECIATIVE of that… find that most of the newbies (last couple years) forget to get into the 'appreciation of the TIME & EFFORT' and abandon their picks. :straining::(

That's why I suggested that everyone 'without needing to single out anyone' … chip in the additional $20 as 'slacker insurance' for JD & myself. I guarantee to putting it back 100% in the member's pocket via account (or carry over the following season's subs) if they do the right thing… most do. :thumbsu:

Last year I was offered a small percentage of the 'prize money winners' but refused to take/ deduct it from their allocated amount. I'm happy - more intent to keep this ONLINE community tradition going.. it's all about mutual trust/ integrity that matters more than gratuity.

FWIW.. I do intend to INVEST (stop laughing Chism ) that 'pool of slackers insurance monies' on seeking a deal on AE trophies to be sourced this year. The word 'runners up looks DAMN UGLY on a trophy plate' so don't think that getting to a final is a trophy lock. At this stage, I'm already looking into retrospective trophies. Individualised small versions seems to be my thinking atm with the 'Hochiet' (pronounced Hoe- che) which is a play on words of 'HOT s**t!! Look at this way.. all GOOD things always come to an END.

In TWENTY YEARS time.. those who won an AE major championship will fondly glare at that achievement on their mental piece and think… now that was 'A CONTEST' worth winning (open book = no cheating, nationwide competitors and more importantly 'INTEGRITY'… honour system) with your individual stories to be possibly re-counted to friends n' family and any visitors who are instantly drawn /INTRIGUED by the 'AE' detail.

Who knows.. I may release a coffee table book about the AE.

It's also worth mentioning that I look after my AE admin by presenting them with the NFL bible for their contributions in helping out.

With GG claiming that he will be 'stretched for time' this year, doubtful to pitch in with scoring updates… I will want at least an AE member who can fill in and keep track of the 3XKO. Spreadsheet templates can be forwarded to use as a kickstart. I'm yet get a confirmation from peterbuch74 about his immense helping hand regards the NEXT DUEL standings. I'm hoping balmainforever can do what the HB knows and that is, butter up with his 'DROP ZONE' tracking.

Why Roll Tide?

I hate Alamamba.

It's a play on words.. ROLL together comps with the initials.. T for 'Temptation' , I for the uncanny resemblence of the first digit in 100 of Oscarman's 100 point Dash concept, D for Domino's effect ( read: Shiny's Hot Streak concept) and E for EagleOz83 's team odds concept. :)

Well said Island Bomber.

t that achievement on their mental piece and think…

Was that a slip of the tongue :p because after starting to play this great comp last year there were more than a few Monday mornings that just about sent me to that state of mind :drunk:

Back