AE AE15 - Get Yourself in the Huddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Woodson has revealed to me a new comp idea utilizing a core component of my tweaked survivor idea. Will let him spruik it. I don't mind the idea.

Will be left on the back burner for now. There is emphasis on giving Broken's idea a run (Hot Streak) if voted in. See how it all goes. Standby for the pending 'Replacement' Poll. Plus the AE gets a new logo for 2015.

How about we trial Survivor and play it on nfl.com as an invite league to all those in AE15 - no prizes just the glory of winning it.
Or open it up to all of BF and tie a BF membership to it.

Having a survivor comp is easy for me.

It's essentially 1XKO rather than 3. Of all the suggestions it would take the least amount of work.

Also, I'm currently playing around with separating 3XKO picks from confidence tips (like we used to have it).

Having a survivor comp is easy for me.

It's essentially 1XKO rather than 3. Of all the suggestions it would take the least amount of work.

Also, I'm currently playing around with separating 3XKO picks from confidence tips (like we used to have it).

I think DB just blew his load. As for 1XKO.. I don't think GG is thinking just ONE life.. just sayin'

I thought survivor was usually just one?

(my assumption but I'll re-read the thread)

Regardless of the selections, it's doable without much change.

haha.. comp will be wrapped by Week 5. :D:D Everyone should know how hard just to reach mid-season with THREE.. :eek:

I thought survivor was usually just one?

(my assumption but I'll re-read the thread)

Regardless of the selections, it's doable without much change.
Survivor is usually 1 pick per week, and once you select a team you can not pick them again rest of the season. And usually 3 strikes and you're out. But usually the comp winner only went thru 16 teams at most.

So my tweak is that considering there are 32 teams, and 16 weeks in essence, then it would be more challenging having to get thru the entire 32 teams if a couple people last that long. So, making it two selections a week, then it's fairer to make it 4 strikes and you're out.

Basically, it's 4xko but you have to select two teams a week, and can not select the same team again rest of the season.

The only curve-ball in my idea is what happens if you and someone else are down to only two teams left, but both teams you're allowed to choose are playing against each other??? But I highly doubt the comp would ever last that long -- thru all 16 weeks. Odds are the lone Survivor will be crowned mid-season anyway.

You can certainly give consideration to keeping it traditional Survivor...1 team per week. 3 strikes.
Or, a combination....2 teams per week, until we get to say week 13, and making it 1 per week rest of the way.
If we get to week 16 and two or more people are still alive, then week 17 has to be some manual tie-breaker process as Woodson usually does for 3XKO, where they have to choose 8 winners each and the one with the most winners wins the comp.
That tie-breaker thing needs to be a rule regardless whether we do the traditional survivor or the GG tweaked survivor.

You can certainly give consideration to keeping it traditional Survivor...1 team per week. 3 strikes.
Or, a combination....2 teams per week, until we get to say week 13, and making it 1 per week rest of the way.
If we get to week 16 and two or more people are still alive, then week 17 has to be some manual tie-breaker process as Woodson usually does for 3XKO, where they have to choose 8 winners each and the one with the most winners wins the comp.
That tie-breaker thing needs to be a rule regardless whether we do the traditional survivor or the GG tweaked survivor.

I was thinking the other way round GG. Traditional Survivor weeks 1-8 (to ease everyone into the comp) and then 2 per week for weeks 9-17. Start with 3 strikes with a bonus strike awarded after week 8 to those that make it that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back